Page 3 of 412 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

I just watched Brad and Bettina's date again, I am more confident than ever that Bettina is NOT getting the winner's edit. Once we figured out that the white shirted PI with Brad was in cabo mentioning the "friend" edit, I think that is Bettina all the way. I think that we'll see Bettina leave after Cabo. He has mentioned the words that never = F1... "She has all the qualities that COULD make her the F1" that fact that Brad doesn't talk about Bettina in terms of commitment (she does, she is, etc) means he's not convinced. I know it's subtle, and I will watch it again and get the exact words he says as he picks her up after my girls are done watching High School Musical 2 for the thousandth time.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2634429;
    It's all what's left in the editing that counts....whether the slut and liar was about Jenni or Solisa as some speculate, the lie that appeared to be made to Jenni about her boring comment. The fact that two of the F3s are involved. Jenni with her comment that Bettina wasn't there for the right reasons. None of this would matter, of course, if the two of them were the final two. That could get interesting! But right now, we don't have DeAnna's edit showing her saying anything negative about the other two. All of them have made some unhappy faces at one time.
    I agree, as many have said "it's all in the editing." What is it that we are suppose to see and feel? What are we being told by the edit? Right now I see a redeeming edit for DeAnna and a more damaging edit for the other 2.
    BTY I interpret the dour/sad/pensive looks we see a lot from DeAnna as one of fear. She is falling for the guy big time and it is scary.

I really think that Deanna is the F1, but personally I like Jenni best and hope she actually goes to F2. Unless some horrible stuff comes out on the Fantasy date, I think Deanna and Jenni make F2.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by realmenwatchbac;2634403;
    Oh yeah, it definitely is editing. I mean if their date went as it looked that was the worst date in romantic history. I don't think her divorce will be part of a judgement for him, but it may be something he considers in getting to know her and finding out what really happened. He saw the hardship of it all with his own family, but he now says his mother is stronger and very happy, but from the sounds of it her husband isn't in the meet the family episode, just mom and the brothers are. You have Bettina's lack of emotion, her fear of telling him (non-trust possibly?), and then the issues with her family coming up. It will all be interesting to see. I don't think the divorce factor will be any part of him choosing or not choosing her. If it had been she would have been gone the episode after the boating date. I don't think they would have booted her the same episode it would have been too obvious, I think they would have waited one more.

This has been such a serious emotional subject, and for a lot of us it is a place we would just as soon not have gone back to, but I came across a pithy little quote on another thread which I think pretty well captures the give and take, ebb and flow, ins and outs of marriage:

Quote by (a male ) Romanticsucker:

"There are many days in life and marriage where ok is pretty good and you'll take it."

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by grandedame;2634413;
    What's up with that? How would they know about the ending. As far as the family is concerned, all that they should know about it is that there was a HT date because obviously they were all there Otherwise, mum's the word - so they must be parrotting what they're hearing from Brad's interview Anyway, I don't believe F1's are supposed to tell anyone, although we now know Ian told his brother because he just couldn't keep it in
    Kelly Jo's mom knew because Kelly Jo showed up in tears when she got home. Even though KJ couldn't tell mom, mom knew right away what was up.

Also, Krisilee's family knew (and grandma let the cat out of the bag at ATFR) because Charlie stopped calling all the time.

Helene's family knew and they all let it leak in S2 and that's why the betting on the Bachelor stopped. It was too hard to keep it a secret.

So there are lots of examples of the secret not being kept.

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2634438;
    I just watched Brad and Bettina's date again, I am more confident than ever that Bettina is NOT getting the winner's edit. Once we figured out that the white shirted PI with Brad was in cabo mentioning the "friend" edit, I think that is Bettina all the way. I think that we'll see Bettina leave after Cabo. He has mentioned the words that never = F1... "She has all the qualities that COULD make her the F1" that fact that Brad doesn't talk about Bettina in terms of commitment (she does, she is, etc) means he's not convinced. I know it's subtle, and I will watch it again and get the exact words he says as he picks her up after my girls are done watching High School Musical 2 for the thousandth time.

He said all the potential in the world & I understand your thinking. The question is seeing as Bettina has now told us that she wants to show him more that she wants to let go of what her upbringing has been does she have enough time to do that?? I say she does if she does it right. Brad has opened himself up to allowing more time that tells me he is very interested in getting to know that woman. If he wasn't there would be no need for more patience.
    I know don't pay attention to VO but they also lead us somewhere. There is one of Brad saying it will hurt but I have to push through because what is there is amazing. ( not quoted but similar) Bettina told him it would be amazing when it happened.
    A man in this show giving a woman more time means something.

This is all about Fliess making it all suspect for both Brad & Bettina & all these questions keep coming up but in the end love is where it's all. Most issues resolved to take it to the real world.

Brad has also told us he is rough around the edges. I ahve no doubt he is given oil rigging jobs. I bet more than a few F bombs & other expletives flow from his mouth at times. Does it make him any less of a good man NO. The same can be said for the women in the heat of the moment. I say it's all woot on that point. Does it make them less NO Can they still show class you bet they can. There human.

I know having a miner husband & being around riggers too that the languge is tough but they can all be great guys & wondeful people.
    Last edited by intheblind; 10-28-2007 at 04:07 PM.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Logomaniac;2634440;
    I agree, as many have said "it's all in the editing." What is it that we are suppose to see and feel? What are we being told by the edit? Right now I see a redeeming edit for DeAnna and a more damaging edit for the other 2.
    BTY I interpret the dour/sad/pensive looks we see a lot from DeAnna as one of fear. She is falling for the guy big time and it is scary.
    ITA with your thoughts on DeAnna. Usually the edit shows some "issue" with the F3s. If the edits are highly physical..that's usually not a good sign. If someone is seen clicking with TB, you'll see it, but it won't be the focus. Right now the edit is pointing to Jenni-physical connection, Bettina-the "issue" and DeAnna-attraction is definitely there, but not the focus. The focus is on the other two to try to throw us off, but if you look closely, you can see the "story" with DeAnna. Of course, this can all change as we go into the hometowns and fantasy dates, but this is the edit at the moment, imo.

There are a few thoughts swimming around in my head about a crazy ending...

Brad said that he found out on the Fantasy dates that he did not know all of the women as well as he thought he did...

I don't think that is the case with Jenni or DeAnna - I think it is Bettina - so is that a good or bad thing...

There are rumors Jenni is back with her ex...

There are rumors DeAnna was gone longer than the typical amount of time needed to film

What do these all mean - maybe nothing, maybe they hold clues

Calypso, I agree... I think the girl with the least issues usually ends up the winner. Last season Tessa was reluctant, but the only issue TPTB could come up with was that her family didn't like him, but that didn't materialize during the show. Bevin on the other hand had the divorce and different outlook on life issue. With Jen in PLo season, same thing, they tried to invent an issue with Jen's dad, but it didn't materialize, where Sadie had the virgin thing. With Travis, Sarah didn't really have any issues other than physical attraction and they worked that out, but Moana had the really religeous family that Travis couldn't cope with.

The F1 generally is the one with the least issues. The girl least likely to cause waves. Even as far back as Andrew, he picked the girl that was the least problematic (Jen over Kristen). In just 6 weeks the guy has to choose someone, so I think he ends up choosing the one with the least problems to overcome and that's part of the reason the couples often don't last, is their relationships are based on what's easy at the moment, rather than looking at what's best in the long run. Anyway, all this to say that Deanna is the "least" problematic, so I am guessing she wins (even though I like Jenni best).

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2634429;
    It's all what's left in the editing that counts....whether the slut and liar was about Jenni or Solisa as some speculate, the lie that appeared to be made to Jenni about her boring comment. The fact that two of the F3s are involved. Jenni with her comment that Bettina wasn't there for the right reasons. None of this would matter, of course, if the two of them were the final two. That could get interesting! But right now, we don't have DeAnna's edit showing her saying anything negative about the other two. All of them have made some unhappy faces at one time.
    Ahhhh ... but DeAnna stirs the pot, and is more passive-aggressive. During the first kiss line dance, DeAnna surfaced a remark about it being "interesting" that Jenni mentioned a kiss on the one-on-one, which provoked the " so a slut and a liar " comment from Bettina. In essence, it was DeAnna who was saying that Jenni was a liar. Then in her PI she took it back by saying, well nobody really asked. But again, she stirred some doubt and negative stuff for Jenni with the others ... especially Bettina.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi