Page 2 of 412 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General #3 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

My previous reply got lost in the New Thread shuffle :

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Luvinrealtv
    I think we ALL see what we WANT to see.....
    Actually ... this season it seems that we're all seeing exactly what Fleiss wants us to see.

I'm still very new and unskilled at this in-depth analysis and I look to all of you here for my training.

So ... last season, by this time there was lots of Tessa love here but I couldn't see any connection that afforded me an opportunity to (drink). But there were subtle clues that there was interaction between Tessa & Andy behind the scenes, and corroboration in the rose-less Bachelorettes' exit interviews.

Bevin got so much screen time and attention, that I was sick of her as it was edited as largely physical and superficial. Some fans kept waiting for something that would be evidence of real depth and potential between them and it almost happened.

I admit that the editing had me rooting for Tessa ... even though I was shown a heck of a lot less about her than I was about Bevin.

The question at the FRC became would Andy choose the overt sure-thing ( Bevin ) or the covert maybe-baby ( Tessa ).

Which brings me back to this season and all the questions evoked by the topsy-turvy edits. Yes, Jenni gets the most smooching, but it's definitely NOT a Bevin edit. Bevin was very intense and Jenni is not that tightly wound. In fact, a Bevin comparison can almost be made with Bettina. She is the one who is rather intense, divorced and thinking about hand placement, but outwardly and edit-wise is depicted as moving slowly like Tessa, with a dash of the girl-next-door Danielle. DeAnna is not getting an easy going, fun-person edit like Tessa, or endorsements in the exit interviews ... but Jenni is, with cartwheels replacing silly jokes. Jenni and DeAnna are both pretty straightforward, but we haven't seen any real warmth with DeAnna as we did with Tessa, ... but we have with Jenni. Bettina seems to be a changeling.

It seems there is a little of the Tessa/Bevin/Danielle edits being applied to all of our assumed F3. It's really twisted ( like that woman in Episode One) and we are all wrapped around confusing evidence ... or perhaps Fleiss' finger ? So ... Is Fleiss the winner this season ? Has he actually mastered creating suspense for the highly skilled BSI's ( Bachelor Scene Investigators) here ? It seems so to me.

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Someone asked in the other thread - doesn't everyone go into marriage believing it will last forever and I have to say - no they don't

I dated a guy who believed that if it didn't work out - divorce was a good option...thank god I didn't marry him!!

I think Jennifer Anniston (before divorcing Brad) said in interviews that they didn't believe that marriages had to last forever...that it just meant a commitment at that point and if it lasted forever that was great...

in I think - Germany - there is a politician who is trying to make marriage a 7 year contract that both parties have to choose to renew....

I am NOT saying this is how Bettina feels - but believe it or not there are some people who believe it is okay to get married and once it isn't right anymore to get divorced...

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2634411;
    Calypso asked:

Calypso,

In the editing DeAnna is shown not saying anything negative about F3. There is some debate if she was there at F6 discussing Bettina, if was a shot of her head or not.

I have noticed that both Jenni and Bettina doubt each other's reasons for being there. It seems that the editing is showing DeAnna rising above that as an indication of F1. (My opinion.)

They had no problem showing her displeasure of Bettina leaving with Brad that is for sure. She was not happy. Its hard to think that she sat there & was just mum . I'm thinking Bettina gets the pass this week & its someone elses turn for the heat. lol

Bettinas turn shouldn't be till fianle for teh win right. Each girl gets a Fliess shot & gets dumped. Bettina is all good.

Sheena this week. Jenni next Deanna next & whamo Bettina makes through. love it

FORT Fogey

My intuition tells me that if Brad met Bettina in the town of Austin, they would have a more than excellent chance of a viable relationship. We know from what we have read and he has said that he has had several long term relationships. She needs that kind of time in order to be able to shed her reservations and to open up around him. He has said he will be patient with her and give her time, but quite frankly he doesn't have the time to give her. He is going to have to make some crucial decisions in a couple of weeks, and he has 2 other romances that are developing at their own pace simultaneously.
    In addition, we have a very strong possibility that her parents are going to add stress to this already stressed relationship. Think about the fact that they are going to be seeing him for the first time. They really don't know anything about him, so they start asking questions. I don't know anything about them, but if they are highly educated professionals, the first thing they might think about is what kind of educational background does he have? It is all a matter of viewpoint....from ours they might look snobby, but from theirs, that might look like a perfectly natural line of questioning....and so forth with the issue of owning the bars.
    They just might be at cross purposes, and it might could have been avoided if they had advanced notice about him. From what I know from inside sources, the parents are notified by the producers that they are coming, but the parents are not told about the Bachelor per se which is why some of them are so surprised at some of the things they learn at the home visits.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2634417;
    Someone asked in the other thread - doesn't everyone go into marriage believing it will last forever and I have to say - no they don't

I dated a guy who believed that if it didn't work out - divorce was a good option...thank god I didn't marry him!!

I think Jennifer Anniston (before divorcing Brad) said in interviews that they didn't believe that marriages had to last forever...that it just meant a commitment at that point and if it lasted forever that was great...

in I think - Germany - there is a politician who is trying to make marriage a 7 year contract that both parties have to choose to renew....

I am NOT saying this is how Bettina feels - but believe it or not there are some people who believe it is okay to get married and once it isn't right anymore to get divorced...
    I wondered about this myself when she said she was in an okay marriage but wanted something better (paraphrasing). Marriages most of the time can be described as "okay" most of the time and "wow" some of the time. But I wondered if maybe she had expected too much and not so much that she was in a really bad marriage.

FORT Fogey

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by grandedame;2634413;
    What's up with that? How would they know about the ending. As far as the family is concerned, all that they should know about it is that there was a HT date because obviously they were all there Otherwise, mum's the word - so they must be parrotting what they're hearing from Brad's interview Anyway, I don't believe F1's are supposed to tell anyone, although we now know Ian told his brother because he just couldn't keep it in
    Or, did they mean there was a crazy end to the hometown family date?

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2634415;
    Bettina seems to be a changeling.
    Maybe her and Odo could get together!

(couldn't resist a little Star Trek humor)

FORT Fan

It's all what's left in the editing that counts....whether the slut and liar was about Jenni or Solisa as some speculate, the lie that appeared to be made to Jenni about her boring comment. The fact that two of the F3s are involved. Jenni with her comment that Bettina wasn't there for the right reasons. None of this would matter, of course, if the two of them were the final two. That could get interesting! But right now, we don't have DeAnna's edit showing her saying anything negative about the other two. All of them have made some unhappy faces at one time.

FORT Fogey

Re: Bettina ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;2634173;
    I also think that grandma is going to ruin Jenni's chances with Brad. First grandma says that Jenni is not a walking baby machine. Then she proceeds to throw Jenni under the bus by asking about their sex life. With Brad being as reserved as he is I think that he would not want his chosen one discussing their sex life with grandma who is going to go tell her friends all about it. :nono
    Jenni's grandma is a bit scary. She was talking like Brooke's uncle (Aaron season #2) "you better watch it boy!" I'll come after you with my walker(LOL!) kind of tone. What's with these threats, so lame! Producer driven???

What's bothering me about Jenni's edit is this. She went from a jiving Jenni (dancing for Brad) to jealous Jenni (whispers and jabs about Bettina) in 5 epis. Her LOUD laughter has gradually disappeared and her rose sniffing has increased. Any correlation there? A magic potion to stop her LOUD laughter? We also saw her receiving roses with all her heart to just barely a smile. Her claws came out in epi 5 in a whisper of course. Most of the time we see her she looks like she is posing for the cameras.

No proof but she is going at F3. The SC from Cabo show she is the one more interested in waterpark??? and kiss pics. He even looks like he is scowling in the girl shirt pic.

Fleiss made sure all F3 women were shown as being human after all.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;2634417;

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2634422;
    I wondered about this myself when she said she was in an okay marriage but wanted something better (paraphrasing). Marriages most of the time can be described as "okay" most of the time and "wow" some of the time. But I wondered if maybe she had expected too much and not so much that she was in a really bad marriage.
    I know what you mean, cape. Glad too that you didn't marry him.

I also think that while Bettina presented the explanation softly/gently ... there was an underlying cavalier attitude about the marriage commitment in her words !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi