Page 393 of 395 FirstFirst ... 293343383384385386387388389390391392393394395 LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 3945

Thread: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

  1. #3921
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    837

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cup;2661783;
    I think that is because he is leaning forward onto his knees in the sitting pic, in the limo he is leaning back. If you've ever worn a suit jacket it becomes tighter around the shoulders if you put your arms forward than if they're just sitting idle at your sides. It's not that the jacket is different, its just the position he's sitting in.
    I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I totally agree. When you lean over like Brad is doing in that cap, you put stress on the sleeves, even when the garment fits.

  2. #3922
    FORT Regular kindaobsessed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    130

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2661850;
    See, that darned Fleiss must give us the FRC tomorrow instead of the WTA, lol!!! How are we going to go through another week of this, lol?

    In all seriousness I love sluething back and forth over all the little details - this is what makes watching the show so much fun for me! At least we have another week of our debate - can't wait to see what group comes up on top! I am still thinking it is the DeAnna supporters in the Dune Buggy.
    I hope we get more to work with ... this is too fruuuuustttrating

  3. #3923
    ABC Cheats Viewers! Zinnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Megapost®

    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2661690;
    Yes. I am respectfully discounting your sunshine theory. I do not understand how you think there are no clouds in Deanna's sc.
    I meant as in overcast. In the direction of the sun. Of course there are clouds in both pics, to the south at least. But I'm really talking about the sun being behind the hills , not behind clouds.
    Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2661701;
    Originally Posted by Zinnia
    1) The bushes in the center are much further away then they appear. There's camoflage screening behind the podium. They are also slightly downhill from the podium location. Compare to the satellite shot.
    2) Skyshine. The sun hasn't set yet, just dipped behind the hills to the west. The sky is still illuminated. It shines down all over, favoring the west of objects.This still would not explain the dark sky in the west and light in the east.3) Crane mounted lights, like what were used in Lorenzo's season. With diffusers and reflectors, the light would be much gentler than a spotlight or the sun. Also the skyshine overpowers the pale shadows from the lighting4) Because the sun is behind the hills.From where the FRC takes place there are very few hills to the west that are not further inland. They wouldn't affect the shadowing But it can still hit the sky, especially the clouds. As the sun is in the west, it reflects in the east. But it would reflect on the base or earth side of the cloud not from the top.ETA: More shadows, real pale, in DeAnna's pic. Behind Brad, behind DeAnna,That is a colored stone going in opposite directions, and between them. Also the first blooming tree on the left. That shadow points southwest towards Point Dume.That shadow is not from the tree there is a space before the shadow starts I believe it is a near by topiary to the right Sunlight could never cast that shadow.
    It's amazing how all the artifical, unusual conditions and skys are explained away but traditional sky interpretations by a professional(not me) are ignored.
    First, in 3) I'm pointing out that skyshine illuminates the surface indirectly with a slight emphasis in the direction of the sun. I wasn't mentioning the sky. (But I do below.) Look at Brad's face compared to DeAnna's. Look at the back of DeAnna's legs compared to the front.

    Second, directly west of Stone Manor there is a very large hill/small mountain. Kanan Dume Road comes down the west side of the hill/mountain. Stone Manor is on the east side.




    As for the reflection coming off the bottom of the clouds, that's what I mean. It would be reflected, so it would be seen opposite from the sun. Imagine two mirrors. One to your right, and one to your left. A light (the sun?) further away, on your right. The reflection comes from the left, opposite the light source. Only if the angle were just right could you see a reflection on the right.

    Third, no space. I still think it's the tree's shadow.


    Fourth, it was difficult for me to add in your comments (in red) to my post. Please just make your comments in the normal area if you wish my reply. It would be so much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by kindaobsessed;2661716;
    brad said in an interview that he had been on the most romantic date in his life...now we know he said the helicopter date was the most romantic him saying that in these interviews why would he say that if he had chosen deanna
    As previous bachelors have mislead with the answer to that question, I believe they must be prompted to say such, to deceive us.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2661717;
    Picture 1 & 2: Look at the sky color as well as where the sky is lit. This supports the fact that Jenni's RC is around the time of sunset with the length of the shadows (as was proven already).
    Now look at the color of the sky and clouds in this pic. IF Deann'a were near or after sunset, the sky would not be the color blue that it is. The clouds would not be the blueish white that they are. Not to mention the local weather description during those days that supported the fact that they sky was not cloudy after 4pm.
    Those pictures are directly towards the sun. We have no such pics, so that's useless. If the photographer turner 90 degrees away from the sun, to the south, then it would be useful. But then the sun wouldn't be illuminating the clouds from behind. But in your pics that's what is happening, changing their appearance.

    Second, you show sunset, I contend it's the sun behind a hill, but not yet sunset. So it still doesn't apply.

    There doesn't need to be any clouds, nor is there a problem if there are any clouds, as I believe it is a hill and not clouds blocking the sun.
    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2661758;
    Isn't that lit lamp behind the camouflage shrubbery where the cameras are and where it would be darker ?
    Depends on whether there is a sensor, or where the sensor is. It might not be on the lamp.

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2661804;
    Last season most people already thought Tessa was the winner - in fact 70% did, if I remember correctly.
    That's what I remember.

    This season, many people have again made up their minds so firmly that no "proof" will sway them. And then there is the difference in what people consider "proof."
    What proof? Circumstancial evidence at best, but no real proof. I'm open to proof, but haven't seen it, so I'm going on what I have. That's what we're all doing. If we had proof, there would be no reason for us to be posting anymore. Who wants that?
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2661807;
    Well I think I can, since everyone else can... :-)

    There IS cloud cover in Deanna's picture..you can SEE the clouds. Jenni you can actually see the sky clearing to the east with clouds on the west... Clouds were headed wsw... so that means the clouds are heading out of the sky (that we can see)...

    Of course this doesn't diffinitively clear any thing up, but of course we can compare the sky.. it is shown clearly and to a great extent in both pictures.
    Just because the weather station reports the surface winds are in one direction, doesn't mean that winds aloft are going in the same direction. The clouds generally go east, on shore, not west, offshore. Nobody has reported on winds aloft. And we still don't know for sure about August 24th. Can anyone in California help? Do the clouds go onshore or off? Even when the surface winds blow offshore?
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2661825;
    My only concern about this is wouldn't have to be a pretty high hill to be making the sunset side of the sky dark? And how do you explain the lighter sky to the east??? I just don't know how that would work, plus there aren't really any HIGH hills there, especially since the location is on a hill... the hill would have to be even higher than the hill they are on, wouldn't it?
    Exactly. And it's a big one! (The sky reflection is answered above.)
    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2661834;
    I hope NO one thinks I discount their opinion... I love all the opinions, especially of those dedicated to analyzing them.

    Also... don't forget we did have ONE season where the F1 got out of the limo first... I remember my GASP when Jessica got out of limo first, and then won! Her peaking through the window was so tacky... I am sure the producers made her do it too.... so I don't underestimate the tackiness of what the producers will do at all.
    I have no problem with anyone discounting my opinion. I'd just like to know what parts are being discounted. And why. How else can I find out what I'm missing?
    Quote Originally Posted by eeoc17;2661844;
    Chad mentions in the Extra interview that some girls that Brad had "smooched" didn't know he was a twin. Wouldn't that be Jenni (and possibly Hillary) at that point?
    Hillary, but from Jenni's reaction at the reveal, I think she knew.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 11-12-2007 at 01:58 AM.
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

  4. #3924
    FORT Fogey grneyedgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,370

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by cup;2661783;
    I think that is because he is leaning forward onto his knees in the sitting pic, in the limo he is leaning back. If you've ever worn a suit jacket it becomes tighter around the shoulders if you put your arms forward than if they're just sitting idle at your sides. It's not that the jacket is different, its just the position he's sitting in.
    So true, cup! I wear suits everyday...I always have to make sure to cross my arms when trying them on...The may look great with my arms to my sides, but be a little snug the minute I move my arm.

    I think Brad is wearing the same suit in the limo and at the FRC. Lighting, arm positioning and natural light (or lack thereof) make the same suit appear differently.

  5. #3925
    FORT Fogey Bonbonlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,241

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2661850;
    See, that darned Fleiss must give us the FRC tomorrow instead of the WTA, lol!!! How are we going to go through another week of this, lol?

    In all seriousness I love sluething back and forth over all the little details - this is what makes watching the show so much fun for me! At least we have another week of our debate - can't wait to see what group comes up on top! I am still thinking it is the DeAnna supporters in the Dune Buggy.
    I gotta admit that I too love sleuthing and think that is what makes this show soo much fun. With Fleiss giving us so little to go on, I must say that this particular season hasn't grabbed me as past seasons have.

  6. #3926
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2661804;
    Last season the caps being compared were known to be at the same time frame - at the FRC.

    This season, the pictures we have right now contain too many discrepancies to be sure they are all taken at the same time. Perhaps some are a lighting run through. Perhaps they are another day. I don't think anyone yet can prove they are all taken the same time (as in, all at the FRC)

    Last season most people already thought Tessa was the winner - in fact 70% did, if I remember correctly.

    This season, many people have again made up their minds so firmly that no "proof" will sway them. And then there is the difference in what people consider "proof." The reality is that no one - unless you were there - knows what the finale will be until we see the first girl getting out of the limo.

    Please don't discount my opinion because it differs with your proof. Feel free to ignore it or debate it, but don't belittle it because we don't agree.
    Hmmmmm. When you say "lighting run through" are you suggesting that the women in the pictures are shot fillers for Jenni and Deanna ?

    Personally, I have thought from the beginning, as have others that there is something "off" about the figures in the DeAnna-Brad on podium shot.

    One other thing, The Brad/DeAnna shot is pretty classic and almost looks "posed", the Brad/Jenni shot looks more candid, and as if he is talking.

    So, could the Brad/DeAnna shot not be a true FRC shot, but a publicity photo or "pick-up" shot taken the next day ?
    Last edited by echo226; 11-12-2007 at 02:22 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  7. #3927
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    837

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11



    Here's another shot of the sun setting at Pt Dume. It's from the perspective of the beach and not the hills. I have no idea if this sky is considered hazy, cloudy, partly cloudy or clear but it gives us an idea of what the sky might look like during one of those occurances.

  8. #3928
    ABC Cheats Viewers! Zinnia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,142

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2661903;
    The Brad/DeAnna shot is pretty classic and almost looks "posed", the Brad/Jenni shot looks more candid, and as if he is talking.

    So, could the Brad/DeAnna shot not be a true FRC shot, but a publicity photo or "pick-up" shot taken the next day ?
    I think it's just because our pics are just screen captures of a short video clip. First there's the issue of what clips are release (and what are not). Then there's the capper's decision of what to capture, right down to what frame. I have no problem with this.

    My problem remains, Brad sitting in the dark on the podium, holding the ringbox, with the rose on the pedestal behind him. How can this be? Why?
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

  9. #3929
    FORT Regular runamoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    107

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Just because the weather station reports the surface winds are in one direction, doesn't mean that winds aloft are going in the same direction. The clouds generally go east, on shore, not west, offshore. Nobody has reported on winds aloft. And we still don't know for sure about August 24th. Does anyone in California watch the weather? Do the clouds go onshore or off?

    I grew up at the beach in Orange County. Clouds go offshore as the day goes by. Then return later in the evening to early morning. Some days in the summer they only come in the early morning and burnoff by noonish. The winds at the beach generally blow onshore except when we have Santa Ana condition

  10. #3930
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

    Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2661818;
    Cynic.. don't quit! We love your insights... I am not convinced either way... Deanna being on winner's side is usually conclusive, but because of LAST year's fiasco... we have to consider that Deanna's side just might not be the winner's side this time.I think we should all take a deep breath, have a glass of wine and pray that MORE (read NEW and different) screen caps come out after WTA.
    True, and especially as someone suggested the "money" shot will come from behind that camouflage screen bush which would make Jenni's left hand available for the ring placement, if any.

    I applaud all the efforts and defer and bow to all the genius here.

    I know I am having more fun this season than ever because of all of you, I know what I want the outcome to be and I know what the best ending will be ... and that is what Brad and his chosen want !
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.