Thread: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

Re: Part 3: "Spoilers & Screencap Analysis" **SPOILERS** - Bachelor 11

If the light is suppose to hit the tops of the bushes why not the bushes in the center? They are not light green like the ones on the end. Could be a cloud passing by????

If all the grass were in shadow from the setting sun why do shadows appear at all? You cannot have a shadow within a shadow.

Artificial light? Where is the light coming from and why isn't there shadows cast from that?

Dusk?? Why the lightness in the eastern sky and darkness in the west??

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2661572;
    I agree with way2interested. If you look at the view (w/ DeAnna) looking toward the podium, only the second topiary tree (on the right) from the podium casts a shadow on the walk. In nature, all of them would be casting shadows. I think the view of DeAnna and Brad has been doctored.
    I don't think that topiary is casting a shadow either. It's a bit of an optical illusion. If you look at other caps you can see that the paving stone there is a darker color than some of those surrounding it. Because it is also somewhat triangular in shape, it looks like a shadow but I don't think it actually is.

ETA: The only shadow I see there is the long one that runs parallel to the path between the path and the topiaries. I have wondered if that is the shadow of a camera crane.

Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2661627;
    If the light is suppose to hit the tops of the bushes why not the bushes in the center? They are not light green like the ones on the end. Could be a cloud passing by????

If all the grass were in shadow from the setting sun why do shadows appear at all? You cannot have a shadow within a shadow.

Artificial light? Where is the light coming from and why isn't there shadows cast from that?

1) The bushes in the center are much further away then they appear. There's camoflage screening behind the podium. They are also slightly downhill from the podium location. Compare to the satellite shot.
    2) Skyshine. The sun hasn't set yet, just dipped behind the hills to the west. The sky is still illuminated. It shines down all over, favoring the west of objects.
    3) Crane mounted lights, like what were used in Lorenzo's season. With diffusers and reflectors, the light would be much gentler than a spotlight or the sun. Also the skyshine overpowers the pale shadows from the lighting.
    4) Because the sun is behind the hills. But it can still hit the sky, especially the clouds. As the sun is in the west, it reflects in the east.

ETA: More shadows, real pale, in DeAnna's pic. Behind Brad, behind DeAnna, going in opposite directions, and between them. Also the first blooming tree on the left. That shadow points southwest towards Point Dume. Sunlight could never cast that shadow.
    Last edited by Zinnia; 11-11-2007 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Shadows!
    Is it too much to ask for some reality in reality TV?

Exactly! Oh well, I give up. BTW I did ask my boyfriend without giving my opinion. He said that he thought Deanna's was around 1pm and that the lack of shadows was probably due to cloud cover, but he thought that the photo wasn't clear enough to make him 100% confident.

FORT Newbie

I have looked over as many posts as I could (my eyes are crossing) and I can't find a post about Brad sitting in the dark. Is that an optical illusion? My whole theory about photoshopped background was to confirm that DD's ceremony was later than it appears thus explaining Brad sitting in a darkish invron.

Please forgive if discussed to death...

Just another reason that disproves that Deanna's RC was later.

ALSO-- we had the whole weather forecast in 5 minute intervals which stated that each night--- for the 4 days that the RC could have been-- that the sky was CLEAR after 4pm-ish. The documented weather does not lie.

Or maybe Deanna's RC was 2 weeks after Jenni's when the sky was cloudy at night and the sun miraculously set in the east

that sun sure looks like it is on the east side with deanna
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;2661649;
    Just another reason that disproves that Deanna's RC was later.

ALSO-- we had the whole weather forecast in 5 minute intervals which stated that each night--- for the 4 days that the RC could have been-- that the sky was CLEAR after 4pm-ish. The documented weather does not lie.

Or maybe Deanna's RC was 2 weeks after Jenni's when the sky was cloudy at night and the sun miraculously set in the east
    How do we know for sure when it was filmed????? He stated they were through around a month ago and that was on Oct. 3 so that would have been around the first week of Sept. not Aug. twenty something that everyone keeps thinking............

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2661330;
    One would never have that much of a difference of the hairline in the back, or with the widow's peak. This is a major difference, especially for a final rose ceremony.

The one who brought this up may have given us a clue as to the "crazy" FRC! It may have been on two different days, unless one is publicity photos and the other the actual FRC.
    I do think that the picture where "brad" is facing left (as we look at him) might just be Chad.. that could explain differences in suits.. That would also be a "twist" no one would expect that Chad delivers the "you're not the one speech" or Chad is up there to see if Deanna and Jenni are able to tell them apart OR... what if Chad is up there to take F1 to go see Brad at another location???

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso;2661549;
    There are mountains on the right of the screen and when the suns lowers behind them, the light on the ground disappears leaving only the top of the sun which has not slipped below the mountains to shine on objects that are on the same level.

I live on top of a mountain and can attest to the fact that I have sunlight much longer than those that live at the bottom of the mountain. When driving home in winter it can be dark at the bottom and I still have daylight at my house.