Page 54 of 354 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: MORE Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

FORT Fogey

Re: MORE Thoughts & Comments in General **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2616493;
    Bloomer - Bettina is not the only one with baggage tho - hers just happened to have a piece of paper attached to it. Many of them have been in long term relationships - including Brad himself - so to me that is not really in the mix. For some - it is a big deal I do realize.

I just think there is more to Bettina than we have been allowed to see. For some reason I don't see her as weak and all that jazz. I don't know - maybe just me - but there is more there for sure.
    I agree. I've read, many times, how viewers see her as insecure. I don't read that from her at all. I don't think the choppy edits have helped but I can't imagine a professional sales person being insecure. It takes confidence in yourself to be able to market to others.

Re: DeAnna ***SPOILERS***

Bottom line if we live in a real world & not a self righteous one & above all with a bunch of women vying for a mans love then the reality is everyone has a bad day & we say things we don't always mean. It's the moment in time we may want to take back. WE ask for real one season & have our favourites. When real does not suit a fovourite we get upset. I think maybe & god forbid I may have to give Fleiss some credit here but he is showing us real & catty women something that women do & we also do on the boards. WE should all know it well including myself. I swear Jenni will take a fall too & next week or the week after we will be having debate about that.

I'm all for having fun & great & open opinions. I don't care for Deanna's personality but it is not my choice from what Fleiss has shown us. Jenni I think is alittle too out there for Brad. While she is great fun I am not sure given what we have been shown she is laid back enough.
    Bettina is my favourite & because she now has the burden of her divorce off her shoulders & I think this this week & the next one we will see a much different Bettina. WE saw the beginnings of that in the improv. She said she knew she had to step it up a notch & she is trying & willing to do that. We can see from the limited clips we do get that she makes him laugh & he pushed her at the improv too to get out there & do it. He was very pleased she did it.
    I think a whole lot changes next week.

On another note Fleiss told us to watch from the beginning & the end & the majority are hung up om Jenni. I have a different take ( how so unlike me??? LOL) My take is the beginning was a slow start but Brad perceviered with Bettina & in the end she was his choice. She was not giving him alot but he knew the connection was there. I think next weeks episode hints at that.

I am curious how long Bettina has lived in CA - initially she was listed as from DC - or did I read that wrong weeks ago - maybe need to get new glasses LOL

Re: DeAnna ***SPOILERS***

I completely agree INTHEBLIND - things are about to change - big time

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2617565;
    I agree. I've read, many times, how viewers see her as insecure. I don't read that from her at all. I don't think the choppy edits have helped but I can't imagine a professional sales person being insecure. It takes confidence in yourself to be able to market to others.
    Professional confidence and Personal confidence are two different things. I've known professional women that rule the board room but put them at a party or a uncomfortable social situation and their entire personalities change.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;2617589;
    I am curious how long Bettina has lived in CA - initially she was listed as from DC - or did I read that wrong weeks ago - maybe need to get new glasses LOL
    Bettina is originally from Washington, D.C. She moved to Hermosa Beach after graduating from the University of Colorado with a bachelor's degree in communications.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor;2616453;
    Hadn't thought of this a moment ago...again she let Brad be the one to lead telling them. He found out right there that she hadn't told anybody for real.
    Which, if he has heard grumblings about her not there for the right reasons and just as a competition would totally NEGATE that. If she were "there to win" and "for the attention" she'd be wanting to shout it all over the place, or using it to stir up the other girls.

Instead, she treasured it and kept it to herself and wasn't boasting...and it also showed she kept her word. I'd suspect him being asked that threw him off more than just b/c it was asked, but b/c at that point she still hadn't told the rest of them, since it was four of them asking him that.

And I think her smelling the rose is cute...almost like wanting to savor the moment and the experience. Just as Brad then seemed to want to savor her, and the moment, physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn7;2617559;
    No, it isn't just you. I called Bettina as F1 that first night just based on his reaction to her, which I would call love at first sight (plus there was more), when she got out of the limo. Their talk, nervous and fumbling as they were, and as choppy as it was, was full of big sparks.
    Lynn7, I have read your original posts with interst and wanted to know what your take is on the body language this past episode..

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lurkette;2617709;
    Lynn7, I have read your original posts with interst and wanted to know what your take is on the body language this past episode..
    Thank you! My somewhat overly detailed response is in this thread, page 1, post #50.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2617606;
    Professional confidence and Personal confidence are two different things. I've known professional women that rule the board room but put them at a party or a uncomfortable social situation and their entire personalities change.
    I tried to say that while also trying to be concise. I don't read her as being insecure at all. In other words, I've seen nothing from her that leads me to believe that she is insecure...and I'm not talking about the edits that might make her look that way.

In addition to that, I can't imagine her being in sales and also being insecure. Does that make better sense?

As a side note I think many people would read me, in a social setting, as being insecure, but I am far from it...especially if there are only four or five people in the group. I own the boardroom, as you describe, but put me in a group setting, where everyone is talking at once, or any situation where there are too many talkers, and I clam up but it isn't because I'm insecure, it's because I cannot hear anything, because all of the voices merge into one and it is too hard to follow the lip reading (arggh..hard to explain) and, so, therefore, cannot participate in the conversation.
    Last edited by Lynn7; 10-18-2007 at 04:21 AM.