Page 10 of 354 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: MORE Thoughts & Comments in General #2 **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: MORE Thoughts & Comments in General **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

I came away from last nights episode thinking a couple of things. Calling someone a "slut and liar" is VERY harsh. Just because Jenni did not blab about her kiss w/Brad. This seems a little immature to me. If you can believe the previews for next week, I am seriously questioning whether Bettina is emotionally ready for a relationship.

The 2/1 "dinner" part of the date appeared choppy to me. I don't think the conversation was "I started working @ 16" and then immediately "I started working @ 14". I will bet for time sake things were edited together to play up them "hating" each other and to look like they were trying to out do the other. I'm sure there was way more to the alone time between Brad and DeAnna than we saw. Her PI remarks can for sure be seen as b**chy, but i don't they are intended to be. I feel that this is just the way DeAnna is straight and to the point.

Jenni seems like she is really into Brad. The why is what I struggle with - is it because he is a great guy/catch or because he is "The Bachelor".

I'm not totally ruling out a "love connection" in this case yet. My gut is still telling me that Brad has the ability to keep things to himself until such time that he is able. I think he is very much playing by the Fleiss rules and not giving anything away.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2614801;
    “The general consensus seems to be DeAnna/Bettina for F2, but we know Jenni makes it to F3. Is there concrete proof that it isn't DeAnna/Jenni or Bettina/Jenni? Thanks.”

When I posed this question last week, the overwhelming response was that it would be a brunette/blonde final 2 and that DeAnna would be the brunette. But based on last night’s show, if it is indeed a brunette/blonde F2, I am not so sure that brunette will be DeAnna.
    I remember this question from last week and I remember responding that there is no concrete proof of anything after the F3. Where the blonde and brunette thing came from I don't know (I think it had to do with a comment from Chad?) but I think it's been highlighted because we've all believed from the second episode that Bettina and Deanna will be the F2. Another reason why I think maybe these two aren't the F2 - I don't think it's ever been known so early who the F2 were.

Someone at Joker's had this to say about last night so I thought I'd bring it over here to share with everyone because it is exactly what I was trying to say in my last post, but I didn't word it like I wanted:

"*None of what they are showing in the house excludes her from being f1 (talking about DeAnna)
    *Bettina and Jenni's edit turned more negative last night so I can make a case for any of them not to be f1 because of the edit.
    *Brad said last night that he thought that Kristy was "too much a lady for him" as he was rough around the edges. The best match of any of the girls for that very reason is DeAnna.
    *I noticed that Jenni told DeAnna the same philosophy of why she was praying for Jade to come back as DeAnna not wanting Hillary to come back the week before. This made Bettina angry and drew some of her claws out but earned DeAnna's respect.
    *I think Jade is the witch not DeAnna. DeAnna asked a legitimate question (and was not mean or rude in the way she worded it) and then when they (DeAnna and McCarten) remarked at the "silent treatment" out of Jade and Hillary she went off. DeAnna in a calm voice looked her in the eye and said "the floor is yours I'm listening," Jade went off again. Then during the date Jade tried to snow Brad saying that she gets quiet when she is nervous (trying to give qualities of herself that weren't there) Brad saw right through it. DeAnna has never been anybody but herself around Brad or the girls.
    *Last night I really had the feeling I was watching Mary from the Byron season all over again and the way she handled Jane in the house. Not putting up with guff and giving as good as she got.
    *Jenni is being set up as the girl whose intentions aren't pure. They really built that last night. She is getting the Susan aka "smitten kitten" edit. She will exit at f3.
    *Bettina really showed her jealousy and insecurity last night, and I don't think she is ready for love again for a long while, certainly not the whirlwind that this process requires. She also isn't one who wouldn't get jealous of Brad's time with others (her reaction to Jenny getting first kiss was telling,) and Brad was specific that his chosen isn't one who gets jealous and is confident in Brad's love for her. DeAnna is more likely to be confident despite all odds than Betting in my opinion.
    If I had to chose f1 based on last week's edit I would've gone with Bettina, but if I had to chose based on last night's edit than DeAnna is f1. I also think overall combined with the editing of the whole season I am leaning to DeAnna at the moment."
    Forever a Word Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2614812;
    With all due respect, cheerleading is not a career.
    very true - I stand corrected - should I say dancer? I guess she's pretty open then to anything and moving once her gig is up - she can't be a cheerleader forever. She could always start a cheerleading school in Austin - having lived in Texas, I know its a big deal there.

The other thing I want to add is that after last night's show, it's pretty hard not to see Jenni as a possible winner. I had totally discounted her because the girl out of the gate first has never made it to the end. He seems to have fallen for her right from the moment he saw her - maybe this is what they meant about seeing it from the beginning?

It just seems too straightforward. Plus he isn't a complicated type of a guy - its hard for me to believe he's the type that could fake it. To me he's sort of like a caveman - "Me see girl, me like girl, me hit girl with club and take home."
    Last edited by Krispy; 10-16-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sparkyanna;2614589;
    i know jenni's similarities to trista have been mentioned, so this may have been thrown out there already... but could it be that jenni is getting such a good edit from week to week NOT because she ends up F1, but because she could be the girl to redeem/revive The Bachelorette?

thoughts?
    That is an interesting thought, sparkyanna. That is what happened with Kelly Jo's edit, but then the producers decided to go with Meredith instead as the Bachelorette.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I can totally see Jenni as Bachelorette. Good thought.
    I have a request. Can someone find the quote (with link) to Brad's statement about the F3 being the most difficult rose ceremony? I'm having trouble finding it quickly and one of you may remember which article was the one. I'd like to revisit his words now that we know a bit more about the women.

Blondie that funny how you brought up Kelly Jo. I think thats the edit Jenni is getting.

I want to go back and rewatch - but there has to be a reason why Jenni and Deanna are disliked. IMO I saw why when I watched Deanna last night - much too strong a person for me to deal with - you can't win with a person like that - no give and take. With Jenni and Brad - they are comfortable around each other and he is obviously attracted and perhaps we will see the 1st rose receiver last til the end. But she seems more concerned about her roses and she even states that she wants to receive a rose so the girls will know how much Brad cares about her. I don't get the impression from what has been presented so far - that she really cares for Brad. I was amused when I saw the dinner table chairs for Jenni and Brad - talk about being unromantic ! Obviously I was not impressed with Bettina's comments about Jenni being a slut and a liar - I think if Brad had kissed Bettina on the beach date, she would have participated ! But she did come out of her shell, she has a head on her shoulders, she seems to have learned from her past relationship and does not blame it on her ex - she is not bitter. I think she really has fallen in love with Brad and for the right reasons - seems odd since she has not had any appreciable time with him - and this may be her downfall. What I find interesting is that all kinds of things have been said about Jenni and Deanna - but nothing about Bettina except the used tire comment which was bad. Is it because the girls don't sense Bettina as a threat - ie all this cattiness is just born out of jealousy. I could think that - except that I really did not like the Deanna that was portrayed last night and I thought the girls who had called her a bitch etc - were right on target. I am feeling that there is something about Jenni that really grates on peoples' nerves and we will see this. Do we have to watch this from the beginning because he fell in love at first sight - does that one have to be Jenni because that's where all the action has been ? Or did he fall in love with Bettina as she did with him but he has been testing her to see how patient etc she is - and all the pi's about her love for him are to show him how she has felt throughout the process ? Or do we have to watch it from the beginning because they have all changed ? I don't know but I am 99.9% positive that Deanna is not the F1 - I may eat my words but the way she was presented last night was not in any way favorable... I am a little hesitant because Fleiss burned me with Danielle but there is still that little spark with Bettina - and I keep thinking of the expression on Brad's face as he is closing the door on the fantasy date room with Jenni - he just doesn't look too excited to be there ....

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeGal007;2614819;
    Someone at Joker's had this to say about last night so I thought I'd bring it over here to share with everyone because it is exactly what I was trying to say in my last post, but I didn't word it like I wanted:

"*None of what they are showing in the house excludes her from being f1 (talking about DeAnna)
    *Bettina and Jenni's edit turned more negative last night so I can make a case for any of them not to be f1 because of the edit.
    *Brad said last night that he thought that Kristy was "too much a lady for him" as he was rough around the edges. The best match of any of the girls for that very reason is DeAnna.
    *I noticed that Jenni told DeAnna the same philosophy of why she was praying for Jade to come back as DeAnna not wanting Hillary to come back the week before. This made Bettina angry and drew some of her claws out but earned DeAnna's respect.
    *I think Jade is the witch not DeAnna. DeAnna asked a legitimate question (and was not mean or rude in the way she worded it) and then when they (DeAnna and McCarten) remarked at the "silent treatment" out of Jade and Hillary she went off. DeAnna in a calm voice looked her in the eye and said "the floor is yours I'm listening," Jade went off again. Then during the date Jade tried to snow Brad saying that she gets quiet when she is nervous (trying to give qualities of herself that weren't there) Brad saw right through it. DeAnna has never been anybody but herself around Brad or the girls.
    *Last night I really had the feeling I was watching Mary from the Byron season all over again and the way she handled Jane in the house. Not putting up with guff and giving as good as she got.
    *Jenni is being set up as the girl whose intentions aren't pure. They really built that last night. She is getting the Susan aka "smitten kitten" edit. She will exit at f3.
    *Bettina really showed her jealousy and insecurity last night, and I don't think she is ready for love again for a long while, certainly not the whirlwind that this process requires. She also isn't one who wouldn't get jealous of Brad's time with others (her reaction to Jenny getting first kiss was telling,) and Brad was specific that his chosen isn't one who gets jealous and is confident in Brad's love for her. DeAnna is more likely to be confident despite all odds than Betting in my opinion.
    If I had to chose f1 based on last week's edit I would've gone with Bettina, but if I had to chose based on last night's edit than DeAnna is f1. I also think overall combined with the editing of the whole season I am leaning to DeAnna at the moment."

Just my thoughts on DeAnna being confident. She talked about how much it hurt when she was cheated on, I have to wonder if she can't be as confident as she normally would have because of this. I would think it could make it hard to trust again after something like that.

In my head Danny Kaye is singing, "Beautiful, beautiful Copenhagen", while I try to spin this Fleisian Fairy Tale from straw into gold.

Enter the frog who says he is not a prince, but no one believes him. The story makers say, "Okay, we'll go along with that nonsense for now, but you must choose a princess for your castle. We have found twenty-five lovely ladies in the kingdom to dance at your ball."

*croak*

Three of the ladies are from a village deep in the woods, close to the pond where the frog sat on a pad and directed the night crickets in their songs. One was toughened by the work needed to keep hearth and home safe from the weather and empty bellys. Another laughed and flirted with the village men in the tavern, while the third, a quiet spinster, sat day by day spinning thread by the fire.

Each received their summons to the ball with mixed delight and dread. The first, covered in soot from cleaning, snatched the invitation from the courier and slammed the door in his face. The second danced around the tavern waving the gilded card as she twirled. The third studied the card for the longest time, then set it aside and returned to her spinning wheel.

*croak* *chirp* *chirp*

Arriving at the ball, all three smiled at the frog, who still insisted he wasn't a prince, and sized him up. The first said, "I could use a good, strong frog prince to help out around the place." The second said, "He's a frog, he's a prince, does it matter?" The third said, "What use is he when he will disappear each night to sing with the crickets? Though he sure is a cute frog prince."

*croak*

Danny Kaye stills croons in my head, and the story tellers haven't completed the story. This season's The Bachelor isn't in the form of a Love Story, it is a Fairy Tale - frog prince and all.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)