Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Moving this from the spoilers thread becasue my response is more editing-related.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;2631931;
    Notice Kirsten (B3) is in that line which is within keeping with what CH said about Andrew changing his mind during the Parents' visit.

He didn't though--that Fleiss!

Here's an interesting tidbit---Back in Andrew F.'s day, they were doing the ABC Family Channel's Bachelor marathon (Rebecca Budig hosted it and that's where she met Blobby)--where the bachelor and his friends and former bachelorettes sit and analyze the shows between commercials.

Anyhoo, I watched all day one weekend the marathon for Andrew Firestone's season and they asked him "When did you know Jen was the one."

He said: "Oh! Jen was ALWAYS the one. No question." Very emphatically.
    And that'd he'd been attracted to her and had a feeling about her from the first night.

That was when they'd been together awhile and not broken up.

I also remember an interview with Kirsten (the runner up that season) that said she knew she wasn't the one because when the cameras left during the fantasy date he was giving a just buds vibe. Kirsten said it was real obvious and she acted up a storm for the last few dates.

Fleiss really creates a lot of the doubt and drama. I remember Mere saying she was really upset they made her tell Chad "she'd be honored" to accept him.

So all this really makes me wonder if something similar isn't going on. Brad kew right away who he was strongly attracted to (and there was only one that he was) and Fleiss is editing the top three with slightly negative edits as a way of hiding it. Maybe Andrew was a better actor! LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;2630872;
    In prior seasons where it was 60 mins, were there so many last minute scheduling changes? It only seems in very recent times (American Idol/DWTS) that networks have ever had shows ending at the :15 or :45 min mark.
    jlccaz, good question! I think it is recent, and I agree that it chops up and leaves very little story!
    Ain't Love Grand!

FORT Fan

Fleiss is messing with our minds!

OK, have to vent my fellow forters. When has Fleiss ever and I mean ever messed with the sleuthers minds this way. I know he has gone on record saying that he was going to do this, but I am of the mind right now that he has lost it!! Jenni in the F1 position, but DD getting the 3rd date. He is mixing things, and I for one am NOT happy about it! LOL

This may not be the forum to put this into, if not mod's please move.

Re: Fleiss is messing with our minds!

Quote Originally Posted by dancemom5ab;2637549;
    OK, have to vent my fellow forters. When has Fleiss ever and I mean ever messed with the sleuthers minds this way. I know he has gone on record saying that he was going to do this, but I am of the mind right now that he has lost it!! Jenni in the F1 position, but DD getting the 3rd date. He is mixing things, and I for one am NOT happy about it! LOL

I concur! Fleiss is doing an excellant job of keeping us on our toes with the
    F3 to F2...I think from early on the great sluethers had the F# pegged...it is the choppy editing, limited SC, and little if NO commericals with anything new....

FORT Fogey

You have actually heard that Fleiss was going to mess with the sleuthers minds at FORT? I really doubt he pays attention to this boards antics. If he did the promos would not be clear enough to give us F4 or even F3 after the first episode! He would not show Sheena crying in the limo or Hilary in hysterics or many other blatant clues. I really do believe this show is designed for the casual viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2641844;
    You have actually heard that Fleiss was going to mess with the sleuthers minds at FORT? I really doubt he pays attention to this boards antics. If he did the promos would not be clear enough to give us F4 or even F3 after the first episode! He would not show Sheena crying in the limo or Hilary in hysterics or many other blatant clues. I really do believe this show is designed for the casual viewer.
    I believe the show is designed for the casual viewer, but I also believe Fleiss is well aware of the sluethers and is playing games with us as for as clues. Of course, we do not have any influence as to what he choosed to do on the show but he probally enjoys the game as much as we do. I think he is really playing with us this season...big time.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Both Moana and Bevin have mentioned that TPTB know all about the FORT and sluethers and there are people assigned to keep up on what's going on here. I do think Fleiss wants to keep us guessing for F2.. however, when those F2 screen caps come out... we'll figure out who F1 is.. no doubt about it.

I think this season was definitely intended to keep us guessing. I for one guess Deanna/Jenni F2

In Andy's season Fleiss already started messing with the sleuthers by changing his MO. The number out of the limo was wrong. Right off the bat sleuthers pinned Bevin because of it.

The right side was used. I know many of us said it was Tessa and the sunset, but still it was so not believed.

I am not sure when the Screen caps started coming out flipped, to confuse us.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2632034;
    Moving this from the spoilers thread becasue my response is more editing-related.

He didn't though--that Fleiss!

Here's an interesting tidbit---Back in Andrew F.'s day, they were doing the ABC Family Channel's Bachelor marathon (Rebecca Budig hosted it and that's where she met Blobby)--where the bachelor and his friends and former bachelorettes sit and analyze the shows between commercials.

Anyhoo, I watched all day one weekend the marathon for Andrew Firestone's season and they asked him "When did you know Jen was the one."

He said: "Oh! Jen was ALWAYS the one. No question." Very emphatically.
    And that'd he'd been attracted to her and had a feeling about her from the first night.

That was when they'd been together awhile and not broken up.

I also remember an interview with Kirsten (the runner up that season) that said she knew she wasn't the one because when the cameras left during the fantasy date he was giving a just buds vibe. Kirsten said it was real obvious and she acted up a storm for the last few dates.

Fleiss really creates a lot of the doubt and drama. I remember Mere saying she was really upset they made her tell Chad "she'd be honored" to accept him.

So all this really makes me wonder if something similar isn't going on. Brad kew right away who he was strongly attracted to (and there was only one that he was) and Fleiss is editing the top three with slightly negative edits as a way of hiding it. Maybe Andrew was a better actor! LOL.

jlccaz, good question! I think it is recent, and I agree that it chops up and leaves very little story!
    oh my. I did not know this. Very cool info. I missed your post earlier when I was here. A lot is making sense now. Many of us feel the connection with Jenni is empty. She was the plant so to speak or at least clued in to play the game. That is why I have never felt the connection. I have seen it but not believed it. She is too smilely and silly with little depth. Not the person but the persona.

Bettina will get her heart broken or so it appears. Perhaps not now that I read this. I have missed the former women talking about how they were directed to act. Bettina and Brad were definately prickly on the HT visit.

Well, we know Deanna is F1 so now it is down to guessing how it plays out.

Brad did not look happy when he called Bettina's name at RC and the smile and half hug appeared forced.
    I agree. He was just completely detached from her. I cannot imagine how they are going to edit the fantasy date to look like he is into her. But then again, I remember they accomplished that with Meredith and Matt's fantasy date. Though if you looked closely you could see how uncomfortable she was. The difference was that Matt didnt have a negative history with Mer so it was easier for the editors to pull it off. I dont think that Bettina will be F2 because I dont think Brad is a good enough actor to make it look romantic with her for the meet the family and last chance date. It's going to be hard enough to accomplish this for the fantasy date.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2642837;
    I agree. He was just completely detached from her. I cannot imagine how they are going to edit the fantasy date to look like he is into her. But then again, I remember they accomplished that with Meredith and Matt's fantasy date. Though if you looked closely you could see how uncomfortable she was. The difference was that Matt didnt have a negative history with Mer so it was easier for the editors to pull it off. I dont think that Bettina will be F2 because I dont think Brad is a good enough actor to make it look romantic with her for the meet the family and last chance date. It's going to be hard enough to accomplish this for the fantasy date.
    I guess the ending will then be a real surprise for you!!!