Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2626210;
    How does this sound for Editing.

Fleiss is giving us the storyline from Brad's prospective.

We are seeing the women the way Brad is seeing them:

Jenni always laughing/smiling

DeAnna solid, honest, strong

Bettina, Brad has the hots for her, but he is confused by her so we are getting a confusing editing of Bettina.

Fleiss showed us Brad's emotions as he got to know the women.

If he felt happy, confused or whatever each week it is because Brad was feeling the same way.

Just a thought.
    I like this thought....Brad is a very up front person..Honest...He says it like he see and feels it....

Warning - Megapost
    I am puttng this in this thread, even though it is mainly about Bettina and her edit. I keep trying to figure out WHY TPTB are doing such a number on her. I think that a lot of the inconsistencies we have be seeing could be seen as a typical Fleissian F2/F1 edit - worry about the divorce, not wanting to move too fast, the potential for a bad HTD, falling fast and hard for TB all leading to Bettina either being let go at F2 or overcoming everything and being F1. I think even the casual/non-sleuther would have bought this (even with the slut and liar comment, which isn't too far off of what some other F1s have said in the past), but I think showing the whole boring date comment to Sheena and Jenni and then having a completely different conversation with Brad, coupled with the fact that the editing on the 1:1 was so choppy and appeared to show a lack of intimacy/interest on Brad's part to many viewers, and the hints about next week's "bad" HTD, many viewers think Bettina can't possible end up as F1. Personally, I can't remember anything even close to this on any season, and I watched all but B1 - no one that I can remember ever said anything that even implied TB was boring or a date sucked until they were either in an exit interview or in post rejection interviews after they were sent home. My question is WHY would Fleiss show us this? What is his storyline? What is this setting up?

I can think of a few scenarios:
    1. Brad picked no one so Fleiss is mad.
    2. Bettina rejected Brad so Fleiss is mad.
    3. Brad picked Bettina and the relationship is already over so Fleiss is mad.
    4. Brad is pulling a Charlie and has not picked F1 yet, and for some reason Fleiss is mad at Bettina or wants Brad to see her in a negative light.
    5. Bettina is F2 and DeAnna is F1 and this is to show the contrast between the two. DeAnna as the honest to a fault, laid back, low maintenance gal versus Bettina.
    6. Bettina is F2 and Jenni is F1 - not sure what the storyline would be here.
    7. Bettina is F1 and this is all part of the story arc with Brad having to overcome her lack of confidence, etc and find true love. BUT, isn't this too much like last season and Tessa? Would Fleiss use such a similar edit twice in a row?
    I know this has been hashed around in many posts, but I still have my doubts as to why he would totally throw Bettina under the bus if she were F1. He could have easily left out the boring/sucky convesations and still have set-up a story line of reluctant to get hurt after a divorce, yadda, yadda or the "where did she come from Jen and Jen edit" and Bettina would not be looking so bad to the general viewing audience. I feel that if Bettina is F1 that a lot of people will be very angry/upset at Fleiss, unless something amazing happens after the HTD and if it isn't as bad as it looks on the previews.

I have a slight preference for DeAnna, but I like Jenni a lot too and was starting to warm up to Bettina until this last episdoe. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;2630068;
    Warning - Megapost
    I am puttng this in this thread, even though it is mainly about Bettina and her edit. I keep trying to figure out WHY TPTB are doing such a number on her. I think that a lot of the inconsistencies we have be seeing could be seen as a typical Fleissian F2/F1 edit - worry about the divorce, not wanting to move too fast, the potential for a bad HTD, falling fast and hard for TB all leading to Bettina either being let go at F2 or overcoming everything and being F1. I think even the casual/non-sleuther would have bought this (even with the slut and liar comment, which isn't too far off of what some other F1s have said in the past), but I think showing the whole boring date comment to Sheena and Jenni and then having a completely different conversation with Brad, coupled with the fact that the editing on the 1:1 was so choppy and appeared to show a lack of intimacy/interest on Brad's part to many viewers, and the hints about next week's "bad" HTD, many viewers think Bettina can't possible end up as F1. Personally, I can't remember anything even close to this on any season, and I watched all but B1 - no one that I can remember ever said anything that even implied TB was boring or a date sucked until they were either in an exit interview or in post rejection interviews after they were sent home. My question is WHY would Fleiss show us this? What is his storyline? What is this setting up?

I can think of a few scenarios:
    1. Brad picked no one so Fleiss is mad.
    2. Bettina rejected Brad so Fleiss is mad.
    3. Brad picked Bettina and the relationship is already over so Fleiss is mad.
    4. Brad is pulling a Charlie and has not picked F1 yet, and for some reason Fleiss is mad at Bettina or wants Brad to see her in a negative light.
    5. Bettina is F2 and DeAnna is F1 and this is to show the contrast between the two. DeAnna as the honest to a fault, laid back, low maintenance gal versus Bettina.
    6. Bettina is F2 and Jenni is F1 - not sure what the storyline would be here.
    7. Bettina is F1 and this is all part of the story arc with Brad having to overcome her lack of confidence, etc and find true love. BUT, isn't this too much like last season and Tessa? Would Fleiss use such a similar edit twice in a row?
    I know this has been hashed around in many posts, but I still have my doubts as to why he would totally throw Bettina under the bus if she were F1. He could have easily left out the boring/sucky convesations and still have set-up a story line of reluctant to get hurt after a divorce, yadda, yadda or the "where did she come from Jen and Jen edit" and Bettina would not be looking so bad to the general viewing audience. I feel that if Bettina is F1 that a lot of people will be very angry/upset at Fleiss, unless something amazing happens after the HTD and if it isn't as bad as it looks on the previews.

I have a slight preference for DeAnna, but I like Jenni a lot too and was starting to warm up to Bettina until this last episdoe. Any thoughts?
    Great list! I'm not sure which one Fleiss is doing. I agree with Number 7. I don't think Bettina is F1, because of that, and her really horrible edit at this point. Plus with her parents not liking him--really bad edit. I think if Bettina were F1, they would be saying Can Brad win over Betinna's folks? to build suspense-- but no way would the VO say Bettina's parents don't like Brad. (like it does) if she were F1.

Course, I've been wrong before. But I really can't see how it could possibly be Bettina at this point.

I'm rooting for DeAnna, but it could easily be Jenni.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2630093;
    Great list! I'm not sure which one Fleiss is doing. I agree with Number 7. I don't think Bettina is F1, because of that, and her really horrible edit at this point. Plus with her parents not liking him--really bad edit. I think if Bettina were F1, they would be saying Can Brad win over Betinna's folks? to build suspense-- but no way would the VO say Bettina's parents don't like Brad. (like it does) if she were F1.

Course, I've been wrong before. But I really can't see how it could possibly be Bettina at this point.
    I'm rooting for DeAnna, but it could easily be Jenni.
    That why it will be the most shocking FRC ever.

missmilano,

I'm right there with you. I think we're sharing a brain. I cannot figure out this season's negative editing. It's the worst I can remember and it's not even particularly well done. The episode that will now be only 45 minutes is going to be crazy. They might as well let toddlers edit this show.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2630212;
    missmilano, I'm right there with you. I think we're sharing a brain. I cannot figure out this season's negative editing. It's the worst I can remember and it's not even particularly well done. The episode that will now be only 45 minutes is going to be crazy. They might as well let toddlers edit this show.
    I agree. The editing has been very strange this year. Plus, w/the shorter shows it is hard to get a feel for everybody and what is going on. Last season each episode was an hour and a half long and it still left me for wanting more. The last several have been less than an hour, and now we are getting a 45 minute episode. I am not sure what to make of this crazy season.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Until the past two seasons... pretty much all the bach were one hour, with the exception of the first episode and the FRC episode. So they CAN edit it to make sense in an hour, but they must have different editors from early seasons, because the edit this season is beyond choppy to nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2630162;
    That why it will be the most shocking FRC ever.
    heh..good one! You may just be right!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2630212;
    missmilano, I'm right there with you. I think we're sharing a brain. I cannot figure out this season's negative editing. It's the worst I can remember and it's not even particularly well done. The episode that will now be only 45 minutes is going to be crazy. They might as well let toddlers edit this show.
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2630262;
    Until the past two seasons... pretty much all the bach were one hour, with the exception of the first episode and the FRC episode. So they CAN edit it to make sense in an hour, but they must have different editors from early seasons, because the edit this season is beyond choppy to nonsensical.
    JMO but it's gotten so bad, there are times I have debated about watching. It's just plain bad tv. The only reason I watch is to sleuth. This may be my last season.

In prior seasons where it was 60 mins, were there so many last minute scheduling changes? It only seems in very recent times (American Idol/DWTS) that networks have ever had shows ending at the :15 or :45 min mark.

Anyway, is it possible that this season of TB was either planned during filming or possibly even edited once, the first time around, to be 90 minutes, and then on short notice, ABC informs WB/Fleiss that it must be 60 mins only, leaving editors only option of finding 15 mins to chop from an "in tact" piece?

ABC obviously has contract clause permitting it to give just a few weeks notice that it will only air as few as 40 mins of programming in fulfillment of contract to air the show.

That sort of switch happened on Grey's Anatomy once, and it really showed in the episode as aired.

I agree that the editing has led to really abysmal storytelling even for reality TV, and in search of an explanation, wonder if the editors aren't having to hack up "in tact" pieces on very short notice. Or maybe no one who's any good at this wants "TB" on his or her resume anymore, LOL.