Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing: Is Fleiss messing with us regarding the editing? **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2610036;
    Scarce food, telling the girls if they don't "play along" they will go home. The Bachelor has his 5-6 picks, the rest are producer driven, getting the girls to cry by bringing up sad stories of their family members. Yikes!

Yipes, I knew it was bad, but didn't know it went that far. All the alcohol on an empty stomach couldn't be good, either. Not that I'd ever want to, but I'd never be selected for a show like this-- they would tell right off the bat that they would get more trouble than worth from me.

I've said a couple times that I'd really like to see an ATFR for this season, as my gut feelings and reads on some people are really coming into conflict with the editing, but then, how much of that show is also scripted? Hope some of the myspaces and such go public after the end of the season.

Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by intheblind;2611796;
    I think the girls asked to do these things are known by Fleiss that they have no chance with Brad but are fillers just like every other show. It's all part of the game. I say Brad knew first or scond nite whom he was truly interested in. He had his 6 at least.
    I completely agree. I'm almost wondering if Hilary crying, Hilary talking about people every chance she gets, etc...is actually all Fleiss.

(Like Trish in jesse's season. Crashing a F3 date? She was only playing a character the whole time.)

Hilary is so over-the-top bad, that I'm beginning to think Hilary is seriously just doing what Fleiss says and is probably really nice to the other women in "real life."
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;2611802;
    I completely agree. I'm almost wondering if Hilary crying, Hilary talking about people every chance she gets, etc...is actually all Fleiss.

(Like Trish in jesse's season. Crashing a F3 date? She was only playing a character the whole time.)

Hilary is so over-the-top bad, that I'm beginning to think Hilary is seriously just doing what Fleiss says and is probably really nice to the other women in "real life."
    Agreed...
    From the beginning we were told that this show had a "crier" that would beat all others in the past....

Hillary is definately the best of the criers

FORT Fan

Hillary has a nice side. You really have to look for it because Fleiss has shown her as the cryer.

1. She says that that Melissa, the "drunk girl" is nice. (Just needs to stop drinking.)
    2. She touched DeAnna's arm nicely when she got the rose.
    3. She said that the bikini fashion show wasn't nice because Michelle, the "ambulance girl", wasn't able to go on that date that she had really looked forward to.

Probably more, but I remember these as being kind statements.

Quote Originally Posted by polar opposite;2612466;
    Hillary has a nice side. You really have to look for it because Fleiss has shown her as the cryer.

1. She says that that Melissa, the "drunk girl" is nice. (Just needs to stop drinking.)
    2. She touched DeAnna's arm nicely when she got the rose.3. She said that the bikini fashion show wasn't nice because Michelle, the "ambulance girl", wasn't able to go on that date that she had really looked forward to.

Probably more, but I remember these as being kind statements.
    Oh yes, and that was right after she decided to break up Brad and DeAnna's one-on-one time and right before we saw her PI about how she was pretty pissed off because she didn't get the rose... Which imo shows that she (the TV-Hillary) is totally two-faced! The other two examples are valid
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Regular

I hope I never get filmed on my worst day.... it can't be fun for these girls.

On the other hand, I still stand by the fact that, "You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip."

In other words, if it aint in you - it can't come out.

Point is - on my worst day - you can only see ME for as bad as I really am!!! It's not good - but it's in me for it to come out. Know what I mean?

I don't care HOW MUCH someone begged me - I would NEVER do a human pretzel on national t.v. - unless it were a competition where EVERYONE was doing it - and I was getting an Olympic Gold Medal. LOL! THEN I might be persuaded!

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;2613092;
    IMO we are shown tiny bits of the reality mixed in very skillfully with hype and Fleissisms. It's our job to figure out what matters and what doesn't in this mix.
    I brought this comment over from another thread because it really cuts to the heart of the Fleissian editing machine. What is true to the story and what is fluff?

If I were a non-internet viewer and watched the show each week as it stands, I would probably stop watching because I would think that this is ridiculous and more than a little sleazy. I think it would be hard for me to see the qualities in any of the girls we have tagged as F4, nor would I care. The initial promos promised me romance, but all I see now are girls gone wild...as a female viewer, why should I tune in? Thank goodness, I have the FoRT to help cut through the messy clutter and find the linear storylines for each of the F4.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2613100;
    I brought this comment over from another thread because it really cuts to the heart of the Fleissian editing machine. What is true to the story and what is fluff?

If I were a non-internet viewer and watched the show each week as it stands, I would probably stop watching because I would think that this is ridiculous and more than a little sleazy. I think it would be hard for me to see the qualities in any of the girls we have tagged as F4, nor would I care. The initial promos promised me romance, but all I see now are girls gone wild...as a female viewer, why should I tune in? Thank goodness, I have the FoRT to help cut through the messy clutter and find the linear storylines for each of the F4.
    I'm so glad you said that because a girl I work with said she was going to watch this season. On the Tuesday after the premiere, I asked her who she liked. She said she would never watch it again. She thought it was disgusting, sleazy and degraded women. She couldn't believe what these women will do and act like just to get a man.

If I wouldn't have found the Fort and a couple of other sites I like to frequent, I would probably feel the same way. Except for the degrading women part. They know what this show is about before they go on it and if they choose to do some of the things they do, knowing what Fleiss may do to them, well then..................

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2613100;
    I brought this comment over from another threadthaIf I were a non-internet viewer and watched the show each week as it stands, I would probably stop watching because it really cuts to the heart of the Fleissian editing machine. What is true to the story and what is fluff?

because I would think t this is ridiculous and more than a little sleazy. I think it would be hard for me to see the qualities in any of the girls we have tagged as F4, nor would I care. The initial promos promised me romance, but all I see now are girls gone wild. ..as a female viewer, why should I tune in? Thank goodness, I have the FoRT to help cut through the messy clutter and find the linear storylines for each of the F4.
    I have a couple of sisters aht just watch it for fun. and both of them have said that after last week they aren't going to watch it.So maybe it is also the age group that Fleiss wants. DId I read somewhere its like 28 or something? My sisters are in their 50's...Yes I Think becasue of the sluething and fort is why I watch it. It certianly not for what they promised.

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;2613193;
    I have a couple of sisters aht just watch it for fun. and both of them have said that after last week they aren't going to watch it.So maybe it is also the age group that Fleiss wants. DId I read somewhere its like 28 or something? My sisters are in their 50's...Yes I Think becasue of the sluething and fort is why I watch it. It certianly not for what they promised.
    The co-worker that I was talking about is 29, so it could be any one I guess. I do know a few people that are older that watch it, or should I say read a book or a magazine while it's on in the background. I showed someone what you all do here on the Fort and she was amazed!!! She's one of the ladies with a book!