Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2659802;
    I thought this would fit best in the Editing thread... We have figured out that the PI in which Brad is talking about seeing a lifetime with DeAnna and that she is everything he ever looked for in a woman actually takes places before or after the last chance date because he's wearing the same striped shirt. Could it be that Fleiss showed all those "obvious" statements before they actually happened, so casual viewers would forget about them in the two weeks in between the fantasy dates and the finale? That way, Brad's statements that explain why he choses DeAnna were shown, but not too close to the final decision so for non-sleuthers, it won't be too obvious.
    Any thoughts?
    Many things we can speculate about and will probably never know the real truth! Don't you just wish one season we could get a Q&A with Fleiss to see if how close we actually came with some of our speculations?! My opinion of the PI's from the LCD being shown in context with current date episode is that potentially, Brad didn't say anything that strongly about DeAnna (in this example--could be the same for Jenni too) until the LCD. So, to make the bigger viewer impact he spiced it into the FD assuming most viewers would never catch the edit and there for would think Brad is saying/feeling those things earlier than he actually was.

Well, I know this will only be resolved once the final episode airs, but I just noticed a few interesting things in Brad and Deanna's 'dinner' conversation (I put that in quotes because they never ate! Hopefully they got room service).

There are a few weird jumps, noticeably when Deanna's hair goes from down to up in one moment.

They intersplice Brad having a goofy smile on his face and Deanna's talking (hand near her face), in the beginning of her commentary about how she feels.

Then, and this is an old Fleiss trick that I hadn't caught until the 10th rewatch -
    just after Deanna pulls back and says "I'm so nervous" and he says "Don't be. At all. At all." They move to a shot of Deanna brushing her hair off her face and looking.. nervous and Brad is saying something to her, but we don't hear what he's saying - I'm pretty sure it isn't "You're Perfect"

Which is what they show him saying in the next shot. There was a bunch cut out and that dinner sat on that table for a while. No wonder they walked away from it, it was probably cold!

Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2659855;
    Many things we can speculate about and will probably never know the real truth! Don't you just wish one season we could get a Q&A with Fleiss to see if how close we actually came with some of our speculations?! My opinion of the PI's from the LCD being shown in context with current date episode is that potentially, Brad didn't say anything that strongly about DeAnna (in this example--could be the same for Jenni too) until the LCD. So, to make the bigger viewer impact he spiced it into the FD assuming most viewers would never catch the edit and there for would think Brad is saying/feeling those things earlier than he actually was.
    Maybe we will finally get that once The Bachelor series has had its run - Fleiss can include it in a boxed set of all the seasons, lol!

FORT Fogey

I have not seen this discussed so I will proceed as if this is a genius observation never before discussed.

When Jenni did her adorable play for the invitation in Brad's pocket, Brad did not respond in a spontaneous way that one would expect. He kept looking to the left of the camera (from where he sat) as if to get a nod from the producer as to how to handle it. I have seen him look off camera several times for cues. I am sure he was told how to proceed in this scene and Jenni threw in an unexpected twist. It appeared, to me, that he was told to have the woman read it and respond. When faced with her enthusiam he appeared perplexed and tentative. He clearly enjoyed her bold move but it threw him. If allowed his own reaction he would have stood up, tossed the invite from his pocket and grabbed her and ran in jest and sincerely, too. There was a bit of confusion.

This tells me he was focused on following the rules (part of his personality) and probably a bit cowed as to how a TV show is produced.

My point is that he is clearly being prompted and concsinencous about doing things correctly.

This brings me to Deanna's dinner date. She threw him with her declaration of love, bascially, and it appeared he held back a bit. We got some choppy editing too. Some say he was gob smacked and in awe so much that he did not reach across the table and grab her. I saw a man that was told to remain calm and not give away his feelings so he pulled her hand so she would lean in to kiss him. He was dazzled and HAD to kiss her but felt he couldn't reach to absorb her because he was promted to not give anything away. Those on the Dune Buggy sensed the sexual tension. He was told not to go ape when the camera was trained on them.

There is no concrete point I have to make about indications of who he chose but I do see the strain we witness every season due to the format.

I am off on my Dune Buggy for a ride on the beach. Really, I live on the beach but since I don't own a vehicle I will walk.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2659942;
    I have not seen this discussed so I will proceed as if this is a genius observation never before discussed.

When Jenni did her adorable play for the invitation in Brad's pocket, Brad did not respond in a spontaneous way that one would expect. He kept looking to the left of the camera (from where he sat) as if to get a nod from the producer as to how to handle it. I have seen him look off camera several times for cues. I am sure he was told how to proceed in this scene and Jenni threw in an unexpected twist. It appeared, to me, that he was told to have the woman read it and respond. When faced with her enthusiam he appeared perplexed and tentative. He clearly enjoyed her bold move but it threw him. If allowed his own reaction he would have stood up, tossed the invite from his pocket and grabbed her and ran in jest and sincerely, too. There was a bit of confusion.

This tells me he was focused on following the rules (part of his personality) and probably a bit cowed as to how a TV show is produced.

My point is that he is clearly being prompted and concsinencous about doing things correctly.

This brings me to Deanna's dinner date. She threw him with her declaration of love, bascially, and it appeared he held back a bit. We got some choppy editing too. Some say he was gob smacked and in awe so much that he did not reach across the table and grab her. I saw a man that was told to remain calm and not give away his feelings so he pulled her hand so she would lean in to kiss him. He was dazzled and HAD to kiss her but felt he couldn't reach to absorb her because he was promted to not give anything away. Those on the Dune Buggy sensed the sexual tension. He was told not to go ape when the camera was trained on them.

There is no concrete point I have to make about indications of who he chose but I do see the strain we witness every season due to the format.

I am off on my Dune Buggy for a ride on the beach. Really, I live on the beach but since I don't own a vehicle I will walk.
    Great observations shoepie. I had not ever thought of the scenes this way and enjoy reading post like this.
    Gotta The Fort
    The place that keeps you in touch with reality!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213