Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 125

Thread: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

  1. #111
    FORT Fogey Minney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,430

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cynicgal;2647196;
    My take on editing. Which means my opinion based on past editing and new twists Fleiss had to accommodate.

    I've have also sleuthed for a very long time, since B2. I will admit that I didn't want the F1 to win a couple of times but I did know who won.

    I honestly think the editing is in a shambles this year because Jenni received the 1st rose. Her edit was 1st impression rose winner edit for episode 2, showing the attraction building the storyline every 1st impression rose winner gets. Deanna gets the beginning attraction 1 on 1 time, kudos from the pro sports guy(sorry not into sports). This starts people thinking about Deanna as a possible contender.

    Episode 3 - Deanna and Jenni are together on the circus date. Jenni gets an attraction scene with the flips and doubts with the little talk about dancing. A PI talking about interacting with the clowns. This episode shows Deanna as supportive and comforting to Brad when he is nervous. A lot of close up scenes of her while at the circus, more than anyone else. PI saying she is a big kid. Editing shows strong attraction to Jenni but possible compatibility with Deanna. Fleiss is making sure we see Deanna.

    NOTE : 1st impression rose editing usually ends here. The focus is shifted to F2.

    Episode 4 - Helicopter date for Jenni. Super strong attraction, no conversation shown beyond past kisses and setting. Leads to questions on whether the attraction is purely physical. Deanna vs. Jade. Deanna gets the strong independent vote. Hot tub shows attraction. Deanna is moving more to the forefront but has been shown being confrontational. I know the fans will say she is just honest and speaking her mind. The question is why show her peeking in on Jades time? What purpose does it serve?

    Episode 5 - Pool party, Deanna has 3 PI. Stilted conversation but is shown more than the others (besides Hillary) in the group scenes. Jenni get 1 on 1 in the hammock (shades of Meredith/Ian) LOL sorry just had to add that. I highly doubt they just kissed probably more conversation we weren’t shown, Why?? Editing shows Deanna’s growing affections and reaffirms Jenni as purely physical or in the background.

    Episode 6 - Hometown - Deanna’s family is perfect. No controversy, family values, nice good-bye. Jenni gets nice family time complete with funny Granny. More doubt is thrown due to dancing even though Brad seems to be ok with it. Deanna has now moved into #1 spot for editing. She has been redeemed for earlier comments.

    In recent commercials we are shown Brad and Deanna in hugs, love conversations and editing has flipped pictures to make her look to be more favored by Brad. Jenni is shown being the initiator of the room card conversation and having a friendly fun vibe. Previews show Jenni riding a dolphin and the start of a hug that is cut off.

    Editing this season had to be a nightmare for Fleiss. He has his story lines that have to be adjusted. 1st impression rose edit has to die off and next edit option has to take over F2 or F1 edit?

    I honestly think that Jenni may be #1. Deanna’s attraction is there but it’s not as strong. IMO of course.
    Thank you for a well thought out editing theory. These are the type of theories we need to be discussing since we have no SC's! The only thing I would like to add to your statements regarding Jenni, is that while they have an obvious physical attraction, it has never been questioned by Brad-- "is that all they have in commom?" (ala Bevin/Andy was questioned by both throughout the season). We as viewers question it because we heard it constantly last season:nono ... but Brad/Jenni do not question if they have more than just physical attraction together. To me the physical attraction issue (other than it is obvious and strong ) is not part of their storyline.

  2. #112
    FORT Fogey casualfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of sand and fog
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Minney;2647368;
    Thank you for a well thought out editing theory. These are the type of theories we need to be discussing since we have no SC's! The only thing I would like to add to your statements regarding Jenni, is that while they have an obvious physical attraction, it has never been questioned by Brad-- "is that all they have in commom?" (ala Bevin/Andy was questioned by both throughout the season). We as viewers question it because we heard it constantly last season:nono ... but Brad/Jenni do not question if they have more than just physical attraction together. To me the physical attraction issue (other than it is obvious and strong ) is not part of their storyline.
    Thank you Cynicgal and Minney I agree with both of you.

    One thing I noticed is that this season it seems like there is an emphasis on a kiss or kissing, I've watched all the seasons but mostly just as a casual viewer. Maybe one of the veterans here can chime in on whether or not in previous seasons there has been as much focus on kissing. For example:

    *Brad bringing up to Jenni on both the circus and helicopter date their first kiss.
    *Brad saying that he wanted to kiss Bettina in PI's during the gondola date (at least twice that I recall)
    *Brad saying that he wanted to kiss Deanna to show her how he feels during the pool party date
    *The girls asking Brad who his first kiss was with and subsequent discussion with the girls and Jenni.

    It really struck me in rewatching the episodes today how much discussion there is about kissing. Yet Brad and Deanna's first kiss in the hot tub was barely shown in fact it was only shown with Jade's exit thoughts. It just struck me as odd that there wouldn't be some sort of hype about their kiss. The only reference was at the rose ceremony where they said they both had a great time and their hearts melted on the 2 on 1 date. My opinion is that if Deanna was F1 then wouldn't Fleiss highlight their first kiss?

  3. #113
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2647585;
    Thank you Cynicgal and Minney I agree with both of you.

    One thing I noticed is that this season it seems like there is an emphasis on a kiss or kissing, I've watched all the seasons but mostly just as a casual viewer. Maybe one of the veterans here can chime in on whether or not in previous seasons there has been as much focus on kissing. For example:

    *Brad bringing up to Jenni on both the circus and helicopter date their first kiss.
    *Brad saying that he wanted to kiss Bettina in PI's during the gondola date (at least twice that I recall)
    *Brad saying that he wanted to kiss Deanna to show her how he feels during the pool party date
    *The girls asking Brad who his first kiss was with and subsequent discussion with the girls and Jenni.

    It really struck me in rewatching the episodes today how much discussion there is about kissing. Yet Brad and Deanna's first kiss in the hot tub was barely shown in fact it was only shown with Jade's exit thoughts. It just struck me as odd that there wouldn't be some sort of hype about their kiss. The only reference was at the rose ceremony where they said they both had a great time and their hearts melted on the 2 on 1 date. My opinion is that if Deanna was F1 then wouldn't Fleiss highlight their first kiss?
    Fleiss may be hiding DeAnna in plain sight.

    In general Fleiss wants a shocker at the FRC. He will not make it obvious my sticking it in our faces, it will be there but more suttle.

    The fact that you noticed so much mentioned about kissing is because the producers want them to talk about it. It needs to be in the back of your mind.

  4. #114
    FORT Fogey casualfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The land of sand and fog
    Posts
    1,931

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2648192;
    Fleiss may be hiding DeAnna in plain sight.

    In general Fleiss wants a shocker at the FRC. He will not make it obvious my sticking it in our faces, it will be there but more suttle.

    The fact that you noticed so much mentioned about kissing is because the producers want them to talk about it. It needs to be in the back of your mind.
    Thank you for answering my question MomLady. What you say makes total sense I swear I've decided 10 different times this week who the F1, F2 and F3 are! I think I'm just going to try to watch and enjoy tomorrow night.

  5. #115
    FORT Fogey MomLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,414

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2648451;
    Thank you for answering my question MomLady. What you say makes total sense I swear I've decided 10 different times this week who the F1, F2 and F3 are! I think I'm just going to try to watch and enjoy tomorrow night.
    Your welcome casualfan,

    Try is the word. Watch and enjoy. I know I wll be on the edge of my seat watching. I usaully watch the first time getting Fleissed, then I watch it again, or I rewind as I am watching to catch for edits, splicing etc. Actully, I find it a bit exciting not having the final 2.

    I wonder what the final shocker will be. Soemthing that happens at F2, is is something that happens after F1 is chose?

  6. #116
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2646072;
    I believe this as well. The OH NO! factor will be securely in place. Viewers on the edge of their seats thinking, ohhhhhh he wouldnt dare choose cool insecure Bettina with that horrid family over Deanna and her warm household, etc.

    Please do not rush forward and defend Bettina. I am just thinking as the producer would with what they have to work with. Okay?

    It could also be that this is the way the producer has always worked in the past...but realized he could not continue along this course as people were figuring it out his plots to easily.

    Everything seems to be changing this season..we are just beginning to see the strong physical and emotional attraction between Brad and Bettina. Up to this point, people have been going back and forth as to who Brad will chose. The build up to the final will begin next week. TPTB have no control over who Brad chooses. They can, however, control the story line up to a point, then it has to flow according to the ending. We will just all have to wait and see.

  7. #117
    FORT Fanatic MissMilano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Near Fantasyland
    Posts
    505

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    I'm putting this here because it is a question about the editing this season and in general. There have been numerous comments about how horribly choppy and heavy handed the edit has been this year. I think it was painfully obvious to all on DeAnna's FD dinner with the instantanous hairdo change . It has seemed most pronounced in DeAnna's edit (Bettina's was bad too, but doesn't come into play). Now, my question is what does this indicate? Last year Tessa got similar Fleiss and dice action and it was to instill doubt and to hide Andy's too obvious interest and pursuit. In the case of Danielle, it was to hide that there was really not that much there and with Bevin it seemed that much of the editing was things like replaying a kiss or cuddle to add to the physical attraction edit. I also seem to remember that Jen from PLo season got a lot of Fleissing. Is the hatchet job we see with DeAnna to hide a Tessa-like attraction/interaction or more Danielle like, to play up something that is not there and to cast doubt on Jenni? I'm not sure any of the screencaps we have will get us any closer, so I am thinking that we have to look at things like edit for more clues.

  8. #118
    FORT Fogey cynicgal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,100

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by MissMilano;2652571;
    I'm putting this here because it is a question about the editing this season and in general. There have been numerous comments about how horribly choppy and heavy handed the edit has been this year. I think it was painfully obvious to all on DeAnna's FD dinner with the instantanous hairdo change . It has seemed most pronounced in DeAnna's edit (Bettina's was bad too, but doesn't come into play). Now, my question is what does this indicate? Last year Tessa got similar Fleiss and dice action and it was to instill doubt and to hide Andy's too obvious interest and pursuit. In the case of Danielle, it was to hide that there was really not that much there and with Bevin it seemed that much of the editing was things like replaying a kiss or cuddle to add to the physical attraction edit. I also seem to remember that Jen from PLo season got a lot of Fleissing. Is the hatchet job we see with DeAnna to hide a Tessa-like attraction/interaction or more Danielle like, to play up something that is not there and to cast doubt on Jenni? I'm not sure any of the screencaps we have will get us any closer, so I am thinking that we have to look at things like edit for more clues.

    You will get a lot of different answers to this question. Some will post proof of a Danielle type edit and other will post the Tessa Edit.

    I actually think Deanna is getting the Matthew edit.

  9. #119
    FORT Newbie Dentongirl182's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    15

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    HOLY CRAP I JUST HAD AN EPIPHANY!! What if this "shocking" ending (and forgive me if I missed a post where someone else has said this) is that Brad's twin is at the alter and who wins is the one that knew it was a trick while the other didnt quite catch it! Remember, they didnt show Jenni talk with Chad when he fooled the other girls!! Makes ya think!! (this was a harsh reality for me because I want Jenni to win so badly, mostly because I want her to bring him to our 10 year reunion!! )

  10. #120
    Hopeless romantic Estella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,647

    Re: Editing, Editing, Editing - Bachelor 11 **Spoilers**

    I thought this would fit best in the Editing thread... We have figured out that the PI in which Brad is talking about seeing a lifetime with DeAnna and that she is everything he ever looked for in a woman actually takes places before or after the last chance date because he's wearing the same striped shirt. Could it be that Fleiss showed all those "obvious" statements before they actually happened, so casual viewers would forget about them in the two weeks in between the fantasy dates and the finale? That way, Brad's statements that explain why he choses DeAnna were shown, but not too close to the final decision so for non-sleuthers, it won't be too obvious.
    Any thoughts?
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.