Page 55 of 320 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina ***SPOILERS***

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Re: Bettina ***SPOILERS***

Whether you like Bettina or not, or think she'll be Final 1 or not, one thing seems to be clear to me: Of the 3 women we know will be left after next week, Bettina seems the least likely to be ready for a relationship or able to carry a healthy one. It's not just the nervousness or her inability to speak clearly but she just comes across as actually the least relationship-savvy of the bunch, which is ironic considering she only last week seemed to want to lecture the other girls about what it takes to make a relationship work.

I say this (based obviously only on what Fleiss has shown us) because of 1. the vast disconnect between what she says in her PI's vs. how she really acts, whether it's with Brad or the girls and 2. because she just seems so AWKWARD and unsure around Brad. She actually seems the most inexperienced with men, which is not at all what you'd expect from a divorcee.

I mean, she doesn't want to be kissed, but then she does? And when she changes her mind and wants to be kissed, she goes in for a peck on the cheek and looks embarrassed doing it, and then the next time she sees Brad she says, "I want your hands on me." AWKWARD. She blurts out "I love you," backs that up in a PI with saying she really meant it, but then complains only a few days later that her single, only, lone one-on-one date with the man she "loves" was boring. WHAT? She tells Brad that her marriage wasn't one in which she was totally in love (I don't have her exact quote, sorry) following a conversation in which she told the other women that they can't possibly plan to build a life with someone they've only known for a for weeks, but she was with her boyfriend for FOUR years before they got married (and that clearly went down the tubes pretty quickly) ... so I guess you can't know in four years, either, if you're with someone you want to build a life with? I mean, I don't get it. I don't get any of it! These are the disjointed thoughts and actions of a 15-year-old girl who has no idea about falling in love, IMO.

I don't think Bettina is a bad person or anything like that. She has just been shown (whether this is an actual representation or not) to really be the wounded bird type of character who is confused, uncomfortable, frustrated, naive and really needs to have more experience with men, and being HERSELF, COMFORTABLY around men, before she will be ready for an actual relationship with one. I have no doubt that her divorce hurt her, and did a number on her self-esteem and made her question her own identity (been there, done that myself), but I think her hurt is manifesting in ways that suggest it is too soon after her divorce for her to be in a serious relationship again.

A man cannot give Bettina what she needs right now, and she cannot give herself completely to a man. So, Brad MAY pick her as F1, but I think that would be really sad as I don't see the relationship working and it really would not be a good thing for Bettina. If she were my friend, I'd tell her to play the field and go on casual dates and not even THINK about getting serious with a man for awhile -- not until she is stronger and more self-assured and more at peace with who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2625184;
    Almost like Bevin last year. She definitly got the sympathy vote for sure.
    I can't see how they can turn Bettina's edit around to be F1 that Brad falls in love with. Not from what we're seeing of Brad's interactions with her up to this point. JMO
    Just keep watching because it very well may happen. Tptb can be hiding something very big from us, never under estimate tptb.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2625416;
    Whether you like Bettina or not, or think she'll be Final 1 or not, one thing seems to be clear to me: Of the 3 women we know will be left after next week, Bettina seems the least likely to be ready for a relationship or able to carry a healthy one. It's not just the nervousness or her inability to speak clearly but she just comes across as actually the least relationship-savvy of the bunch, which is ironic considering she only last week seemed to want to lecture the other girls about what it takes to make a relationship work.

I say this (based obviously only on what Fleiss has shown us) because of 1. the vast disconnect between what she says in her PI's vs. how she really acts, whether it's with Brad or the girls and 2. because she just seems so AWKWARD and unsure around Brad. She actually seems the most inexperienced with men, which is not at all what you'd expect from a divorcee.

I mean, she doesn't want to be kissed, but then she does? And when she changes her mind and wants to be kissed, she goes in for a peck on the cheek and looks embarrassed doing it, and then the next time she sees Brad she says, "I want your hands on me." AWKWARD. She blurts out "I love you," backs that up in a PI with saying she really meant it, but then complains only a few days later that her single, only, lone one-on-one date with the man she "loves" was boring. WHAT? She tells Brad that her marriage wasn't one in which she was totally in love (I don't have her exact quote, sorry) following a conversation in which she told the other women that they can't possibly plan to build a life with someone they've only known for a for weeks, but she was with her boyfriend for FOUR years before they got married (and that clearly went down the tubes pretty quickly) ... so I guess you can't know in four years, either, if you're with someone you want to build a life with? I mean, I don't get it. I don't get any of it! These are the disjointed thoughts and actions of a 15-year-old girl who has no idea about falling in love, IMO.

I don't think Bettina is a bad person or anything like that. She has just been shown (whether this is an actual representation or not) to really be the wounded bird type of character who is confused, uncomfortable, frustrated, naive and really needs to have more experience with men, and being HERSELF, COMFORTABLY around men, before she will be ready for an actual relationship with one. I have no doubt that her divorce hurt her, and did a number on her self-esteem and made her question her own identity (been there, done that myself), but I think her hurt is manifesting in ways that suggest it is too soon after her divorce for her to be in a serious relationship again.

A man cannot give Bettina what she needs right now, and she cannot give herself completely to a man. So, Brad MAY pick her as F1, but I think that would be really sad as I don't see the relationship working and it really would not be a good thing for Bettina. If she were my friend, I'd tell her to play the field and go on casual dates and not even THINK about getting serious with a man for awhile -- not until she is stronger and more self-assured and more at peace with who she is.
    Interesting post and I will go as far as saying that I think her HUSBAND WAS HER FIRST AND ONLY ONE and I get that vibe from her saying to Brad last night that he sees she sucks at dating

FORT Fogey

One thing that we have to remember is that even the stuff that is being shown of that which was filmed and then edited isn't always REAL. I for one, can not imagine how to lay my heart on the line with 2 cameras, sound mics, lights and cameroperators in front of my face... especially after only a few dates.

To me, that would be very personal, from the depths of my heart, and to be conscious that everything I say can and will be edited for OR against me would be VERY intimidating.

Bettina's friends have said that although she is reserved and laid back, she is not shy and tongue-tied normally. A realtor cannot afford to be. So I am thinking that her "trouble" with trying to verbalize her thoughts is more due to the fact that all the camerazzi is there.
    It's one thing to be in front of the cameras when you are "part of the group"... you know you are just blending in but when the spotlight is on you and you alone... and you know what is at stake...

Not so sure how each of us would do...

As well, the comments Bettina made about comparing her date and the Cinderella date were obviously made LATE at night (after Sheena's long late date)... she looked tired... It was ironic in my opinion that she and Jenni had stayed up late and were there to greet Sheena and check out what had happened on the date... Those two have the most to lose since they are the most vested in Brad emotionally IMO... so they stayed up late to wait....

(Note: Intheblind, I just read your earlier post and I see that we are on the same wave length about the Camerazzi...lol)
    Last edited by CoolCruiser; 10-23-2007 at 04:11 PM.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

The only thing I would say about being self conscious in front of the cameras is that past bach/ettes have said that once they are into a conversation or into a person, they stop thinking about the cameras. If Bettina can't get past the cameras being there, how into Brad is she?

Nice picture BlondieGal. I honestly believe there is a lot more to these two than what we are being shown.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolCruiser;2625458;
    One thing that we have to remember is that even the stuff that is being shown of that which was filmed and then edited isn't always REAL. I for one, can not imagine how to lay my heart on the line with 2 cameras, sound mics, lights and cameroperators in front of my face... especially after only a few dates.

To me, that would be very personal, from the depths of my heart, and to be conscious that everything I say can and will be edited for OR against me would be VERY intimidating.

Bettina's friends have said that although she is reserved and laid back, she is not shy and tongue-tied normally. A realtor cannot afford to be. So I am thinking that her "trouble" with trying to verbalize her thoughts is more due to the fact that all the camerazzi is there.
    It's one thing to be in front of the cameras when you are "part of the group"... you know you are just blending in but when the spotlight is on you and you alone... and you know what is at stake...

Not so sure how each of us would do...

As well, the comments Bettina made about comparing her date and the Cinderella date were obviously made LATE at night (after Sheena's long late date)... she looked tired... It was ironic in my opinion that she and Jenni had stayed up late and were there to greet Sheena and check out what had happened on the date... Those two have the most to lose since they are the most vested in Brad emotionally IMO... so they stayed up late to wait....

(Note: Intheblind, I just read your earlier post and I see that we are on the same wave length about the Camerazzi...lol)
    Yes I sure am & I agree with your post totally . Awesome job.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;2625551;
    Nice picture BlondieGal. I honestly believe there is a lot more to these two than what we are being shown.

I agree totally !!

FORT Fanatic

I think that their feelings are there, but I am not sure it is enough.