Page 4 of 320 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Bettina ***SPOILERS***

Re: Bettina - Season 11 ***SPOILERS***

Thanks BlondieGal, and I do agree Bettina's edit is stealth all the way.

MomLady- I'm not at all concerned that she hasn't gotten a date rose yet, I'm sure Brad gets pressure from producers to give them to this one or that one, even though he has said that he was doing the choosing.
    He also has been hearing alot from the girls about the difficulty being in the house, so maybe he does do it to protect her from spiteful pettiness.
    You may have that one pegged right!

Quote Originally Posted by KneekintheWees;2606406;
    I think so far Bettina's wit,charm and intelligence has been left on the cutting room floor. This girl is being shown as insecure and needy(with choppy editing) to cast a giant doubt on her being chosen as F1.
    Fliess could not and would not sabotage an entire season by giving away the bachelor's chosen one in the first 1 or 2 episodes, he needs to create drama to lure viewers back each week and a foredrawn conclusion just wouldn't cut it, especially not with long time bachelor fans.
    My own opinion is that Bettina bequiled him from the start. I also think he had good vibes with DeAnna as well as an attraction to Jenni. However I think that DeAnna is guarded much more than we have seen, her telling Jenni to not trust anyone is very telling...especially since her 'boyfriend cheated on her and it killed her, broke her heart'= she doesn't trust men or women.
    Jenni seems to want or need to be the center of attention, and her career comes first. That in itself is not a bad thing it's just that something isn't adding up right,IMO.
    Self confidence is an attribute, arrogance is a flaw...and so far I've seen alot of arrogance and not much self confidence oozing out of these bouncing bachelorette babes!
    Personally I find Bettina's humility refreshing, and as soon as Fliess allows us to see the personable, witty, confident sides of Bettina I think we'll see what Brad saw right away!

I'm leaning toward the ending shocker being as some have mentioned that F2 graciously bows out-either that or the F1 (Bettina) asks for a while to think about her answer(not wanting to rush into another mistake)...but returns a short while later to accept

That's about it for now.

Excellent posts - I agree totally. I think Jenni's downfall will be her energy and forwardness. She even says (I think right before the beach date) I would never be as forward as some of these girls - but already she is talking about being the last one standing and the clips for next week show her initiating the physical in the helicopter. I think Deanna's downfall is just as you described - she has been wounded by her relationship with her ex - and she is protecting herself - thus the tough exterior. Women can be bitches when it comes to men being involved - I think she's going to have a hard time with the other girls and her trying to stay cool and not caring to Brad will send him a message too. She's not quite ready for a serious realtionship. There's a special spark with Bettina and it kind of came to a bump in the road last week as compared to the couch scene at the 2nd RC but she is witty and I think fun - and the occasional smiles when the others are shreaking about something - is amusing to watch. She just seems more normal than some.

I totally agree that Bettina is a beautiful, sweet, genuine lady who has probably been a bit worried about the 'divorce' bomb.
    I've watched Bachelor since season 1 and so far she is my favorite b'ette.
    Hoping Brad sees that she's got grace and class that's sorely missing in most of the others.

Cerese-Thanks, and I think maybe Jenni saying at the beach date "I really want that rose, so that all the girls will see how much Brad likes me"(paraphrasing)..but to that effect, means that popularity means more to her than falling in love.
    I like her okay I suppose..I just think there are more than a few red flags.

I've read all the posts in spoiler's and spec. and general comments and quite frankly I was getting somewhat frustrated with all the DeAnna gushing. I kind of liked her the first week, but by epi.2 I was not getting her as being genuine. But that's just my opinion.

Bettina is going to get a better edit soon, I'd bet on it.

Another thing I noticed after he gave Bettina the rose (aside from the comment) was that their hands were still touching as she was walking away and she turned back to smile at him and get her hand back.......

Quote Originally Posted by KneekintheWees;2606514;
    I've read all the posts in spoiler's and spec. and general comments and quite frankly I was getting somewhat frustrated with all the DeAnna gushing. I kind of liked her the first week, but by epi.2 I was not getting her as being genuine. But that's just my opinion.
    Bettina is going to get a better edit soon, I'd bet on it.
    DITTO & AMEN

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2606463;
    I do see that Brad likes Bettina. He was very excited that she surfed.

I have been trying to figure out why she did not get a date rose yet. I am wondeirng if Brad is trying to protect her from the nastiness in the house and get a target on her back.

I also noticed he said thank you very much or something similar to Bettina when she accepted the rose this week.
    This is what I thought too, on why he doesn't give her a rose on any of their group dates. I don't know why, but maybe it's because from the clips that we've been shown, Brad seems "protective" of her. It's like he respects her space, but he's close enough to show her that he's interested.

And the kissing in hot tub scene, him cradling her in his arms, just makes me swoon and sigh and go "ooohh...."

Quote Originally Posted by crazy sushi;2606555;
    This is what I thought too, on why he doesn't give her a rose on any of their group dates. I don't know why, but maybe it's because from the clips that we've been shown, Brad seems "protective" of her. It's like he respects her space, but he's close enough to show her that he's interested.

And the kissing in hot tub scene, him cradling her in his arms, just makes me swoon and sigh and go "ooohh...."

I agree - I thought this same thing all along with Danielle that he wasn't giving her any dates because he was protecting her from the animosity of the others - and here I am falling again for the same idea. Although Bettina is nervous - and so far has not been shown to have a relaxed normal conversation with Brad, I am hoping that things will turn around - I like her sense of humor - subtle as it is - and I really think he was taken with her from the moment they met. She keeps her distance, is not falling all over him and it is obviously torture. Looking forward to next week ! (as I say each week !)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Cerese;2606572;
    I agree - I thought this same thing all along with Danielle that he wasn't giving her any dates because he was protecting her from the animosity of the others - and here I am falling again for the same idea. Although Bettina is nervous - and so far has not been shown to have a relaxed normal conversation with Brad, I am hoping that things will turn around - I like her sense of humor - subtle as it is - and I really think he was taken with her from the moment they met. She keeps her distance, is not falling all over him and it is obviously torture. Looking forward to next week ! (as I say each week !)
    Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to Danielle last season, because I didn't see Andy's "protectiveness" towards her. But I did notice that Andy was just politely listening to her instead of...lovingly. The way Brad is to Bettina, there is something there. He seems nervous and giddy and all when he's with her, and it's as if he can't hold back his smile.

I have been re-watching the first 2 eps and I tried to watch Brad's body language. If you compare the way he is with the other girls and with the F3, it's different. He's more relaxed and comfortable around them -- like buddies, even with DeAnna, that's why I get the brother/sister or buddy vibe between them. I think he's definitely interested in Jenni...I mean that first kiss! Wow! With Bettina, he's always attentive to her and always facing her...he's eager to hear what she has to say. And even though Fleiss "chops" and "dices" their conversation, seems like they have fun and enjoy each other's company.