Page 5 of 314 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAnna ***SPOILERS***

Re: DeAnna - Season 11 ***SPOILERS***

I watched the show last night and after having read a lot on different message boards. I totally didn't think DeeDee got a bad edit. Hilary asked a question and she and (McCarten??) answered her honestly. And why shouldn't they?? I'm sure some of the other girls wanted to raise their hand but decided not to. Jenni was sitting right next to her and just remained mum.........after the portfolio incident I'm sure she wants Jade and Hilary to go home.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2606515;
    I watched the show last night and after having read a lot on different message boards. I totally didn't think DeeDee got a bad edit. Hilary asked a question and she and (McCarten??) answered her honestly. And why shouldn't they?? I'm sure some of the other girls wanted to raise their hand but decided not to. Jenni was sitting right next to her and just remained mum.........after the portfolio incident I'm sure she wants Jade and Hilary to go home.
    I am sure there are some who agree with you. Many of us here had a reaction, while watching, that was negative. It doesnt really matter what she said or if she was justified in doing so. The tone was negative to many and that is what we are discussing. I am glad to hear you didn't find that to be true though.

I am surprised that the winner has not been leaked after all these seasons. If you are close enough to one of the women it would be very easy to figure it out. Does she answer the phone during the show? Does she accept invitations to watch with her. Things like this. Most all bachchelors have talked about watching the episodes on the phone with their chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2606462;
    Her friend is posting on the fort here saying that Deanna said she never say she hated the girl. That is why I make the comment a final 1 does not give out info and if you notice Jen was talked about earlier on by people who know her, Deanna is being talked about by her friends, her aunt gave an interview that was notification she wont win, here the only person we have not heard anything from is Bettina. A repeat like Jen season we heard nothing from jen then and she won
    Now Sharpes said before on this board that she is friends with DeAnna. So it very well be that they watched that episode together (I think a lot of the girls are holding their own little "watching-parties" on Monday nights) and when the "I hate that girl" comment was shown DeAnna said "What??? I never said that...". IMO, that is really not giving out information about the show... is she supposed to sit there and not comment on it if it really isn't true? And just btw, the bachelorettes aren't supposed to tell anyone if they are F1, so how should their friends know if they can post on boards like this or not. Since they don't know about the outcome, it doesn't make sense to say that the F2's friends always post in public and the F1's friends never do...
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

In all honesty, I don't think it looks good that DeAnna's friends are defending her on websites. I didn't like Bevin doing that last year, I thought it screamed F2 and I'm not liking it this year for DeAnna.

I appreciate the information, I do, I can understand DeAnna being upset with her edit, many know she is not the gal portrayed by Fleiss, but it screams F2 or F3 to me.

Personally, if she were F1, she'd be talking to Brad about all this and keeping quiet.

Let me be clear, I really like DeAnna and I thank Sharpes for posting, I enjoy getting to know a bit more about the contestants.

FORT Fogey

She could easily be number one. I don't get the arguments against this possibility.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2606357;
    Fleiss showed Deanna and her buddy being unnecessarily cruel and deliberately unkind last week. She was filmed consciously acting in a manor to hurt and embarass another person. No matter who they were directed at, no matter how you whitewash her actions they were not positive. That her dislike for Jade was highlighted and that the editing of her comments (whether real or not) was negative are not indicative of her being the lady that Brad chooses in the end.
    I totally agree, even though I'm sure that truth will come out that is wasn't like this at all, the fact that they want us to think it, even if only for a few episodes, is the kiss of death for F1. Bevin is the prime example of this.
    Now of course Fleiss could change things up, but imo that is highly unlikely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;2606515;
    I didn't have a problem with them raising their hands. Hillary asked who didn't want her to come back...she even added the word honestly and that's exactly what DeAnna and McCarten were, honest. If someone gets mad at that, then they really didn't want the answer or at least not for them to be honest about it. Raising their hands doesn't even imply that they didn't like her, just that one less person there is better for them.

ETA: Why is everyone so quick to say she's getting a bad edit...really? I think we need a lot more than what we've seen in order to consider it negative.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

What I still wonder is why Fleiss cut Deanna's fire-blowing scene, after showing it in the promos for the show.

It could, of course, merely be that they had to cut intended scenes because the episode was originally edited as too long.

HOWEVER, remember in the pre-season interview, Fleiss said something about one of the bachelorettes being the "hottest bachelorette ever?" Since there has been nothing to back that up (I mean, how do you really define "hot"?) I think that was a play on words and it was an intended set-up for Deanna's fire-blowing scene.

In my theory, they had to cut it not for length but because it was maybe too big of a clue. They are billing Brad as "the hottest bachelor ever." Maybe showcasing "the hottest bachelorette ever" + "the hottest bachelor ever" was decided to be too close of an association and too big of a clue as to the outcome, so they cut it?

I don't really know. But it has bugged me that a) they didn't show the scene and b) we never got an explanation in the actual programming as to WHO or WHAT Fleiss was talking about when he said "hottest bachelorette ever." Unless Solisa taking her top off was supposed to be considered "hottest ever," but uhhhhhh, considering he's playing to a majority female audience .... ? I still think it was a play on words.

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2606708;
    I didn't have a problem with them raising their hands. Hillary asked who didn't want her to come back...she even added the word honestly and that's exactly what DeAnna and McCarten were, honest. If someone gets mad at that, then they really didn't want the answer or at least not for them to be honest about it. Raising their hands doesn't even imply that they didn't like her, just that one less person there is better for them.

ETA: Why is everyone so quick to say she's getting a bad edit...really? I think we need a lot more than what we've seen in order to consider it negative.
    I completely agree catnd. Hillary baited everyone with that question. She asked for a show of hands. She got what she deserved.

I'm not saying that it wouldn't have been slightly more mature to just do nothing and not rise to the bait. But considering Hillary and Jade's behavior in other ways--trash talking, going through people's personal belongings, etc., I'm giving DeDe the benefit of the doubt that she acted out of being fed up.

Way different from a negative edit for a woman who "unbaited" trashes others.

If Fleiss hadn't shown Hillary and Jade trashing others, going through people's things, etc...I would agree that DeDe's edit have gone completely south---But, since Fleiss had already shown Hillary and Jade's true colors prior to this week's episode--to me anyway, it gives DeAnna more of a "I'm not putting up with you messing with me" edit.

With Chad's emphatic comment about DeDe being his favorite on the Extra interview (knowing he'd already met her), I'd say she's F1.

Don't get me wrong, I won't be shocked if it's someone else, it could easily be Bettina or Jenni even---all I'm saying is I don't see at all that DeDe's edit has been a "Kiss of death" edit.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2606715;
    . . in the pre-season interview, Fleiss said something about one of the bachelorettes being the "hottest bachelorette ever?" Since there has been nothing to back that up (I mean, how do you really define "hot"?) I think that was a play on words and it was an intended set-up for Deanna's fire-blowing scene.

In my theory, they had to cut it not for length but because it was maybe too big of a clue. They are billing Brad as "the hottest bachelor ever." Maybe showcasing "the hottest bachelorette ever" + "the hottest bachelor ever" was decided to be too close of an association and too big of a clue as to the outcome, so they cut it?
    Wow, finalefan! Very interesting and thoughtful observation!
    Ain't Love Grand!

I can understand how Fleiss showed DeAnna being honest towards wanting Hillary to leave, and for raising her hand when Hillary asked who wanted her to leave. If DeAnna is F1, This is what I can't understand. Why would Fleiss show that DeAnna was called a *witch* and *Mcskanky* . Now has any F1 been called such nasty words before? That's the ONLY reason I can't see DeAnna being the final 1. Unless someone proves me wrong and can give proof that the F1 on other seasons has been called ugly names...

I would think that even if she were really called these names, Fleiss would have left that out of the show if she was F1...don't you think??

By the way, DeAnna is a fine girl indeed, she is confident, strong and honest. She was really honest in the show Monday and I respect her for being honest. I just do not know if Fleiss would have left in so many of her comments if she were F1. We'll see.