Page 14 of 314 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: DeAnna ***SPOILERS***

Re: DeAnna - Season 11 ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2609972;
    Excellent post marlap.

Another thing I found some people did not like was what she said when Jenni was upset. DeAnna said, "you have the right to be upset, do not trust anyone" (paraphrasing). I thought that was good advice. The women can't trust each other, or the crew either. The crew sets them up, they are not their friends.

Yet this was misconstued to be a bad thing.
    Just FYI, DeAnna said "I know it's hard not to be upset, but at the same time, don't trust anybody. We're all here for the same reason, so don't trust anyone." (omg, I actually feel guilty for remembering this by heart... I shouldn't spend so much time on the FORT or rewatching the Bachelor...)
    And ITA with you, it was a good advice and I would probably go into a show like that thinking the same thing...

Estella,

I agree with you, if DeAnna did not give the honest answer, I am sure the next move was to call her a lying two faced B... And Hillary would have kept confronting her.

I do not feel DeAnna did anything wrong, it showed she was honest.

DeAnna did not fall into the trap of disagreeing with Hillary when Hillary mentioned the Mile High Club. In real life, I think DeAnna would not even hang around women that are that catty.
    Couldn't agree more... and believe me, if I could chose between hanging out with DeAnna and hanging out with Hillary (of course only looking at the edited TV-characters now), you'd have to pay me to make me hang out with Hillary. I'd love to get to know DeAnna though.
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

I see through the editing as well. I see a very strong vibrant women who is confident in her self worth. She sticks up for others. I like that kind of personality very much. Editing would not change that.
    I tend to agree. What will be paramount for our sleuthing purposes, i.e. what Deanna's edit tells about her F1-2-3 placement, is finding out what the deal with ripping the note off the mirror is all about. If it's on her own behalf, she might be edited to seem b*tchy and hot-tempered, and no one portrayed as such could possibly be F1. If it's on someone else's behalf, well, that's golden and would sufficiently redeem her from this arrogant, "too honest to the point of being mean" vibe the producers are throwing at us. Because who doesn't love a righteous person who sticks up for others?! And in that case, she's still in the run for F1.

The only other way it could be "good" if the note on the mirror is actually ABOUT Deanna and she rips it off, is if the producers use it to show us, via a later PI, that the note hurt her feelings and maybe she'll cry or in some other manner "soften up." It would illustrate that hey, this is not just a confident bulldozer of a woman; she has feelings, too.

If, however the producers portray it, it at ALL makes people say, "Ohhh, poor Deanna!" OR if it makes people say, "Way to go, Deanna!" then that, IMO, is a redemptive edit and therefore good for Deanna's chances. But if it makes people say, "Dang, I'd hate to be on HER bad side," then uh-oh, the Deanna fans can probably hang it up and concede she won't be F1.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2610124;
    I tend to agree. What will be paramount for our sleuthing purposes, i.e. what Deanna's edit tells about her F1-2-3 placement, is finding out what the deal with ripping the note off the mirror is all about. If it's on her own behalf, she might be edited to seem b*tchy and hot-tempered, and no one portrayed as such could possibly be F1. If it's on someone else's behalf, well, that's golden and would sufficiently redeem her from this arrogant, "too honest to the point of being mean" vibe the producers are throwing at us. Because who doesn't love a righteous person who sticks up for others?! And in that case, she's still in the run for F1.

The only other way it could be "good" if the note on the mirror is actually ABOUT Deanna and she rips it off, is if the producers use it to show us, via a later PI, that the note hurt her feelings and maybe she'll cry or in some other manner "soften up." It would illustrate that hey, this is not just a confident bulldozer of a woman; she has feelings, too.

If, however the producers portray it, it at ALL makes people say, "Ohhh, poor Deanna!" OR if it makes people say, "Way to go, Deanna!" then that, IMO, is a redemptive edit and therefore good for Deanna's chances. But if it makes people say, "Dang, I'd hate to be on HER bad side," then uh-oh, the Deanna fans can probably hang it up and concede she won't be F1.

Refreshing post. I can't wait to see it play out that way.

Which show /episode is it where DeDe rips the note off the mirror?
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl;2610137;
    Which show /episode is it where DeDe rips the note off the mirror?
    Is it the one with the F6 left?

I am looking at all the clues for the F1, and dede seems to be very confident and a tell-it-as-it-is girl. It is the editing that we have to look for in figuring out the F1. Also with a few of the girls that left stating that they think dede is the F1 is also very telling to me too.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

Quote Originally Posted by Estella;2609977;
    Just FYI, DeAnna said "I know it's hard not to be upset, but at the same time, don't trust anybody. We're all here for the same reason, so don't trust anyone." (omg, I actually feel guilty for remembering this by heart... I shouldn't spend so much time on the FORT or rewatching the Bachelor...)
    And ITA with you, it was a good advice and I would probably go into a show like that thinking the same thing...

Couldn't agree more... and believe me, if I could chose between hanging out with DeAnna and hanging out with Hillary (of course only looking at the edited TV-characters now), you'd have to pay me to make me hang out with Hillary. I'd love to get to know DeAnna though.
    Estella,

LOL at your reaction at remembering. I wish I had a mind that would remember the quotes.

Thank you, for the correct quote, I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2610124;

finalefan,

Thank you for insightful post. Very intresting about the emotion provoking clips as indication of Final position.

As for DeAnna, I thought her comment to Jenni, "I know it's hard not to be upset, but at the same time, don't trust anybody. We're all here for the same reason, so don't trust anyone." showed empathy. She was not dismissing how upset Jenni was or not to be upset. She was telling Jenni, I understand that your feelings are hurt and she also gave her advice to stay strong and survive the jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2610143;

I am looking at all the clues for the F1, and dede seems to be very confident and a tell-it-as-it-is girl. It is the editing that we have to look for in figuring out the F1. Also with a few of the girls that left stating that they think dede is the F1 is also very telling to me too.
    Yes, when she is at the pool party along with Kristy,Hilary and Jenni.

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2610143;

I also think this is quite telling... they know what went on in the house and at the parties, they have seen Brad look at DeAnna and they know how much alone time they had (most of which we never get to see). There were quite a few girls last year thinking that Tessa is the one, and they were right. So I hope it's a good sign!
    Live well, laugh often, love with all your heart and as though you've never been hurt before

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zen4;2610166;
    Yes, when she is at the pool party along with Kristy,Hilary and Jenni.
    Who gets a 1-on-1 that episode?

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2610229;
    Who gets a 1-on-1 that episode?
    Sheena and Bettina.