Page 5 of 245 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts & Comments in General **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

Re: Thoughts & Comments in General **Spoilers** - Bachelor 11

count me in as someone not feeling the bachelor love for this guy, he reminds me of travis in a lot of ways

watch him make the mistakes travis did as well, i'm predicting it lol

I like him but am worlds away from loving him. I will give him a shace to grow on me. And the show promised to be entertaining!

He seems nice enough, But owning 3 nice, classy, bars, and having brothers AND sisters-in-law really makes me doubt he has trouble meeting girls.

He says they want to build a hotel too, I think in the next year?

He has done a lot of public appearances, and has no problem showing off some of his "god given gifts". He is almost too charming. I bet we see more of him in the media than most guys. Watch how many times you see the bars mentioned, or clips of them in articles.

I just hear this faint echo in the distance whispering "publicity".

Now maybe he is looking for a wife, but I bet his first reason for saying yes was exposure fir the businesses. He is marketed as the sexiest bachelor ever... now, has anyone else ever seen sexual connotations worked int bars advertising? LOL

He is a piece of eye candy, I just haven't gotten invested in his story yet. I do love playing with the screencaps though!
    Romantic Skeptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan;2586728;
    He seems nice enough, But owning 3 nice, classy, bars, and having brothers AND sisters-in-law really makes me doubt he has trouble meeting girls.

He says they want to build a hotel too, I think in the next year?

He has done a lot of public appearances, and has no problem showing off some of his "god given gifts". He is almost too charming. I bet we see more of him in the media than most guys. Watch how many times you see the bars mentioned, or clips of them in articles.

I just hear this faint echo in the distance whispering "publicity".

Now maybe he is looking for a wife, but I bet his first reason for saying yes was exposure fir the businesses. He is marketed as the sexiest bachelor ever... now, has anyone else ever seen sexual connotations worked int bars advertising? LOL

He is a piece of eye candy, I just haven't gotten invested in his story yet. I do love playing with the screencaps though!

Your screen-caps are amazing ( hehe drink !) ... really thanks so much !

I agree with you about the publicity angle, and one of his business partners, Chad is in the mix too. I also find it interesting that 3 of the girls he picked are Realtors ( Michelle, DeAnna, Bettina ) which includes the 2 current favorites/front runners. Looks like along with the tongue reader and hot Nanny, he picked some women who would presumably have some business savvy and be conversant/knowledgeable about properties, business, locations and have some sense of style ... if you follow my line of thinking. As Realtors they would also be self-made women working as independents ... and the good ones work very, very hard. Kind of the way he describes himself. So I think he may be looking more for a useful sidekick rather than a soul mate. Just an impression.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmyboys;2585862;
    Hi All - this is my first post this season. I was just wondering about the twin bro. Brad stated that both brothers are married. I wonder if the wife of his twin is a blonde or brunette? They say that twins think alike. It should be interesting to see what happens when he goes in for Brad. I'm sure this is a test for the girls, but also may be a way for his bro. to give opinions on Brad's choices.
    First of all, Luvmyboys, PickyChicky and Alelady! We're glad you joined us.. great points and questions!

I'll answer yours Lovmyboys about Chad, the twin's, wife. She is a blonde. When Kendra first came up with Brad's name and we found out he was a twin, I posted a link to Chad's wedding picture and his wife is indeed Blonde. His brother Wes's wife is a brunette.

My feelings on Brad are: At first before I got to know anything about him, I had to give him the thumb's up because he's a fellow Texas and very easy on the eyes!! I've grown to like him more and more as we sleuthed about him. After Monday night and matching his personality and voice to his looks, I for one, luv this guy (in a totally patonic, non-slalker kind of way!!
    He was so personable to me (much more so than Andy or Travis), but what makes me really start cheering for him, is his honesty and what I saw as total sincerity. I actually have no trouble with him promoting his bars, what Bachelor hasn't promoted themselves or some cause or career in one way or another? What has totally won me over was how easy he is to read, especially in his eyes. He was very obvious about who he liked (and I really appreciated Lynn, in the spoiler screencap thread giving her insight into nonverbal interpretations ).
    The girls, are as many of you say, typical Fleiss mix.. we have the fame-ho's, the catty ones, the drunk ones (some of these are option: d) all of the above, ) , but I see several girls who are coming off as sincere and sweet. All in all, I think these are some of the most beautiful girls we've had in a while and you can't have a Bachelor w/o drama and the requisite cat-fights!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2585265;
    I'll post this in both threads so everyone can read it.

I wish to apologize to anyone who placed Kim on their list because of my enthusiasm. For such a tall girl, she sure was invisible. In a way I'm glad she's vamoosed, because that frees me up to really work on my snark badge. I'm not digging any of the others, so we'll see how this goes.
    In defense of you, Arielflies, the "firebreather" pic was blurred and a couple of the girls were hidden. The only one we missed was Solisa instead of Kim. You can keep your sleuther badge. All in all we did pretty good with our picks last weeks. I don't think he was overly attracted to either of them and neither would've lasted long. I only think he kept Solisa because of the Austin thing. I am looking forward to you picking up your snark badge as I always enjoy those posts!
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2586957;
    First of all, Luvmyboys, PickyChicky and Alelady! We're glad you joined us.. great points and questions!

I'll answer yours Lovmyboys about Chad, the twin's, wife. She is a blonde. When Kendra first came up with Brad's name and we found out he was a twin, I posted a link to Chad's wedding picture and his wife is indeed Blonde. His brother Wes's wife is a brunette.

My feelings on Brad are: At first before I got to know anything about him, I had to give him the thumb's up because he's a fellow Texas and very easy on the eyes!! I've grown to like him more and more as we sleuthed about him. After Monday night and matching his personality and voice to his looks, I for one, luv this guy (in a totally patonic, non-slalker kind of way!!
    He was so personable to me (much more so than Andy or Travis), but what makes me really start cheering for him, is his honesty and what I saw as total sincerity. I actually have no trouble with him promoting his bars, what Bachelor hasn't promoted themselves or some cause or career in one way or another? What has totally won me over was how easy he is to read, especially in his eyes. He was very obvious about who he liked (and I really appreciated Lynn, in the spoiler screencap thread giving her insight into nonverbal interpretations ).
    The girls, are as many of you say, typical Fleiss mix.. we have the fame-ho's, the catty ones, the drunk ones (some of these are option: d) all of the above, ) , but I see several girls who are coming off as sincere and sweet. All in all, I think these are some of the most beautiful girls we've had in a while and you can't have a Bachelor w/o drama and the requisite cat-fights!!
    I totally agree with this. I think Brad is a breathe of fresh air and he is definitely a "real" guy. Some of the previous ones like Andy, Lorenzo, Travis, Jesse, Andrew, Alex etc were almost "too good to be true" but seemed kind of plastic to me. Brad calls it like he sees it so to speak. He isn't mean but is honest and isn't trying to be "politically correct" though I can't say he is not correct, just that he isn't trying to be. He isn't being anybody but himself. The only other bachelors that I thought had a similiar realism were Byron and Charlie, both of whom are still with the women they chose on the show.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

cafegirl Great post I agree!

I like that Brad is a Texan like me. And i like that he has a sense of humor. Brad and Chris seemed to have some good laughs. My other favorite was during Brad's confessional when he couldn't stop laughing about the web feet......... He really seems genuine and I really like that in the world of tv reality.........
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2586957;

Thanks, cafegirl, for the warm welcome!

One thing I noticed the other night, which made me like Brad more than some of the others, is that he didn't seem to drink very much alcohol that first night. This tells me that he is taking this very seriously, and not just looking for a big party, like some of the others before him.

FORT Newbie

I really like Brad as this season's bach. I thought he was so nice to the girls when greeting them, sincerely nice. But the moment that really won me over for good was when he laughed so hard at the webbed toes. He strikes me as someone who I might be friends with.

I liked Andy, but he seemed so stiff and dorky in his social skills. (I mean no disrespect!) and Brad is a whole lot smoother. Guess that is to be expected since he owns bars, which are notorious for social experience. As a previous bar manager, though, I can say that I am in no way surprised that he hasn't yet met his future wife. Long hours, almost exclusively evenings and nights, don't make for opportunities for dating. And I agree with a previous poster - a bar owner does not want to date the party girls that he would meet through this venue.

I really hope we get a wedding this year. That's what I called the moment the words left Chris' mouth - although my hubby thinks I am crazy (and not a little sleuther obsessed!)

First two girls shown were DeAnna and Bettina - those are my top 2.

Cheers to a fun season,
    Lynn