Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The girls' Myspace/Facebook/Online Bio information - Bachelor 11 **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 11: The girls' Myspace/Facebook/Online Bio information **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2577254;
    This time every year we dig into these girls lives and dig up the good stuff and stuff that is none of our business. In the process, much of these girls lives and that of their familys' get exposed. It is my opinion, and only my opinion, that much of the information is irrelevant to what we are looking for to solve our puzzles and that it should remain in PMs or in our own personal bank of info.

I am certainly not proposing that we do not look for everything we can find - and we all know there is way too much information out there - but my premise is, that it doesn't benefit anyone if certain types of information are spread over the internt via FORT sleuthers. We are comfortable here with our information, but what we post here is transmitted/shared on many other boards. Google a Bachelor subject and there will be many, many references to fansofrealitytv.com information.

I make these comments at this time, because every year I cringe at the very personal, very unnecessary information that is posted and I always feel that while "full speed ahead" is the way to sleuth, a little discression is needed in what we actually post and what we speculate from that.

We all know these people put themselves out the for inspection AND we know that Flisa (that's my new name for Fleiss/Levinson) will capitalize on it all far more than we would ever consider. And if we can find it on myspace, well fair game.

Anyway, that is my small dissertation ... for whatever it is worth This is not in reference to anything that has been posted on the board this season at all. Just something I have been thinking about when digging in the dirt.
    I agree 100% with you Jelle Instead of digging up dirt or unflattering info on our bachelorettes, we have to remember the fun part of all this sleuthing is really watching the show and taking our best guesses on who will be the F4, F3, F2 & F1. Hope this year we can refrain from hurting some of the girls!

Re: Bachelor 11: The girls' Myspace/Facebook/Online Bio information **SPOILERS**

Hey! I am not saying don't dig :nono :nono If it is out there ... fair game!

I think we just need to be careful what we actually post.

Dang, I should have trademarked the Flisa
    Blondie ... I stole it from YOU!
    Last edited by jelle; 09-18-2007 at 06:34 PM.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

This was posted by John right at the top of the Bachelor forum:

Please note: If you post addresses, phone numbers, or e-mail contact info for constestants, you will be immediately banned from this site.

Just because someone has signed up to be on a show does NOT mean that their private home or work information should be public domain, and we will not tolerate it.
    http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forums/bachelor-11/51633-note-regarding-personal-information.html
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2577329;

Jelle,Yes, I didn't mean for everyone to stop sleuthing! I live for that! . Like you said, just be aware of what you post.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 09-20-2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags

I hope I didn't offend anyone.. I thought it was relevent to the show. There have been b'ettes in the past with children and they have been let go early. Someone pm'd me and said this shouldn't be a surprise.. It's hard to find a quality person without kids... why shouldn't she be on the show. She is attractive, smart and obviously responsible woman. Obviously a quality person.

I didn't post what I found to make her look bad. It's a fact of life.. whether it was divorce, death or having a child out of wedlock, it doesn't matter. I posted it only because of the Bachelor's season's gone by, track record. I hope everyone understands that it wasn't meant to be malicious. Again.. I hope I didn't offend.

Hope this makes sense.. my daughters are running around like little crazy babies..LOL.. time for soccer practice.
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Somewhere in the middle of the North Atlantic

I thought my post was relevant as well, particularly since it had to do with the timeline.

I hope no one thinks the discussion was aimed at anyone. IT WAS NOT. I agree with both hayleysmommy and Carla ... none of the discussion here has been inappropriate or offensive, and is very much relevant IMO anyway

The difficulty with posting your thoughts like this is that it is too often taken as criticism, and that was certainly not the intention. It was just ruminations while digging around.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

hayleysmommy you certainly didnt offend me. I think we have seen in past seasons that Fleiss always makes sure we know about former marriages and the existance of children. It is certainly relevant to sleuthing the show since they always seem to use these facts as one of the plot line stories that weave through the show (ex: in Travis' season Jehan's divorce was prominent in more than one episode. etc.) That being said, we certainly dont need to know details about the child (nor should we ) in order to sleuth the impact of this on the show. So yeah, I dont think the last name of the child is relevant. Unless it's Fleiss.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 09-18-2007 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2577403;
    hayleysmommy you certainly didnt offend me. I think we have seen in past seasons that Fleiss always makes sure we know about former marriages and the existance of children. It is certainly relevant to sleuthing the show since they always seem to use these facts as one of the plot line stories that weave through the show (ex: in Travis' season Jehan's divorce was prominent in more than one episode. etc.) That being said, we certainly dont need to know details about the child (nor should we ) in order to sleuth the impact of this on the show. So yeah, I dont think the last name of the child is relevant. Unless it's Fleiss.

Thanks.. I really do enjoy posting here, I don't want to feel like everyone thinks I am "skeevy" by posting about a child. Don't worry, I know the child's last name and will not post it.. I only posted the first name because it was posted on the website I found it on. Thanks everyone who responded.. I am very appreciative. And just as an aside.. I think it stinks that Fleiss needs to make a big deal about a women who is in her 30s that has a past that is nothing to be ashamed of and make it tawdry. My sister-in-law was married before she met my brother.. who cares.. she realized pretty quickly it wasn't where she wanted to be.. I respect her for it. She and my brother have been married 7 yrs and have a little boy.. they are very happy.

Thanks again.. I will get off my soap box and stare at some pics that are hurting my eyes..LOL!
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2577329;

Blondie ... I stole it from YOU!
    Does that include Fleiss too...lol
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!