Page 4 of 195 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 1949

Thread: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

  1. #31
    FORT Fogey armywife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by austinboy;2517867;
    That's kind of ridiculous to think that because someone is 34 and isn't married yet that there must be something wrong. A lot of people, including me, get very caught up in trying to make something happen in their lives and just haven't had the time or the opportunity to meet the "right" girl.
    I don't think it's a big issue nowadays. Like blondie said, many postpone or put off serious relationships for other "priorities" in their lives. I was engaged for 5yrs before having the paperwork lol. I was not ready .. I kept thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

    What I find interesting is that he is surrounded by gazillions of women and cannot find even one at one of his bars. I guess he wanted to try another platform for doing so - a la TV lol

  2. #32
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    I'm will ya'll, I love that he is older, it gives me hope that he isn't just here for fun, but really looking for the one. Is it me, or does he not even look 34? He looks way younger to me.

  3. #33
    FORT Fanatic momsunshine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    785

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Is he the oldest bach?

  4. #34
    a&r sanlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Posts
    14,830

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2521210;
    Is he the oldest bach?
    No I believe Byron Velvick was the oldest bachelor.

  5. #35
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2521322;
    No I believe Byron Velvick was the oldest bachelor.
    Yes, Byron was 40. I believe that Chad will be the second oldest ~ and hopefully an outcome as romantic as Byron's!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  6. #36
    His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    in the Garden!
    Posts
    4,982

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Here's an article from Brad's hometown paper, The Austin American Statesman with a few new blips. Apparently, this reporter didn't read the internet sits (i.e. The FORT) very well, since he has the show filming in San Francisco instead of a date being filmed there, anyway, here it is:

    Austin360 blogs > Out & About > Archives > 2007 > August > 08 > Entry

    Local hunk Brad Womack is ‘The Bachelor’
    By Michael Barnes | Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 07:14 PM

    TV: Stoked by chatter from local radio jock Bobby Bones, Austin has been buzzing for days about an area hunk picked as the next star of ABC’s long-running reality series, “The Bachelor.”

    Wednesday, ABC confirmed that Brad Womack, who co-owns several downtown bars — including the Chuggin’ Monkey, the Marq, Uncle Flirty’s and the Dizzy Rooster — will be the next beau to choose from among a bevy of bachelorettes when the show returns in September.

    “He’s a pretty cool dude,” said Caleb Kilborn, a bartender since March at the Dizzy Rooster (pictured below), made famous as a regular hang-out for the cast on MTV’s “Real World Austin.” “He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. On a slow night, he’ll come in and throw a hundred bucks in the tip jar.”


    Womack, 34, is billed by the network as the reality romance series’ very own “McSteamy.” Apparently owning (with brothers Chad and Wesley) all those fabulously popular bars has not helped Womack find a suitable babe-mate, so he’s going to let producers of “The Bachelor” help. Although the show’s ratings have drooped of late, the final episodes of the season, when the contenders are narrowed, usually rise into the Nielsen Top 20.

    ABC, like other networks, is customarily tight-lipped about reality tapings, but Internet reports place the location for the romance in San Francisco. Of course the network will keep Womack completely under wraps until the new season begins Sept. 24. Once the season premieres, Womack fans will gather for public viewings at Uncle Flirty’s, soon to be redubbed the Thirsty Nickel.

    Womack is somewhat accustomed to the local spotlight: The Chuggin’ Monkey was cited in 2005 by the Austin Police Department among the top places suspected drunken drivers said they had their last drinks. The Dizzy Rooster and the Monkey also host well-trafficked Web sites with party pictures from previous nights. After its regular appearances on “Real World,” the Rooster was one of the busiest bars on Sixth Street. The throngs diminished during the intervening months, but the place is clicking again, mostly after 11 p.m.

    Born in Atlanta, Womack moved to Texas when he was 12 and attended Texas State University for a year before taking an 8-year odyssey working in oil fields around the country. His next career was bartending with twin brother Chad. They saved their money and bought their own establishment and have been adding to the Womack Family Bar Empire ever since.

    “He’s one of the best guys I’ve ever met,” said Dizzy Rooster manager Tomette Walker, who, abiding by Womack’s contract with ABC, revealed almost nothing about the family or the show. “But I think any girl would be lucky to have him.”

    So why not star Brad’s identical twin Chad? Turns out he’s already married. Sorry, ladies.

    (Blog reported with Diane Holloway.)

    Read snarky recaps from last season’s episodes on The M.O.

    link
    Last edited by cafegirl; 08-12-2007 at 11:20 AM.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

  7. #37
    Premium Member Pansygirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Reading a romance novel
    Posts
    2,170

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGal;2521676;
    Yes, Byron was 40. I believe that Chad will be the second oldest ~ and hopefully an outcome as romantic as Byron's!

    Blondie don't you mean Brad instead of Chad? although the brothers are interchangeable......... And we know from what the articles say about Chad being romantic so I'm hoping to that this will be a romantic season.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

  8. #38
    Isn't he cute?! nutty1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Trying to escape REALITY
    Posts
    4,620

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2521730;
    Here's an article from Brad's hometown paper, The Austin American Statesman with a few new blips. Apparently, this reporter didn't read the internet sits (i.e. The FORT) very well, since he has the show filming in San Francisco instead of a date being filmed there, anyway, here it is:

    Austin360 blogs > Out & About > Archives > 2007 > August > 08 > Entry

    Local hunk Brad Womack is ‘The Bachelor’
    By Michael Barnes | Wednesday, August 8, 2007, 07:14 PM

    TV: Stoked by chatter from local radio jock Bobby Bones, Austin has been buzzing for days about an area hunk picked as the next star of ABC’s long-running reality series, “The Bachelor.”

    Wednesday, ABC confirmed that Brad Womack, who co-owns several downtown bars — including the Chuggin’ Monkey, the Marq, Uncle Flirty’s and the Dizzy Rooster — will be the next beau to choose from among a bevy of bachelorettes when the show returns in September.

    “He’s a pretty cool dude,” said Caleb Kilborn, a bartender since March at the Dizzy Rooster (pictured below), made famous as a regular hang-out for the cast on MTV’s “Real World Austin.” “He’s one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. On a slow night, he’ll come in and throw a hundred bucks in the tip jar.”


    Womack, 34, is billed by the network as the reality romance series’ very own “McSteamy.” Apparently owning (with brothers Chad and Wesley) all those fabulously popular bars has not helped Womack find a suitable babe-mate, so he’s going to let producers of “The Bachelor” help. Although the show’s ratings have drooped of late, the final episodes of the season, when the contenders are narrowed, usually rise into the Nielsen Top 20.

    ABC, like other networks, is customarily tight-lipped about reality tapings, but Internet reports place the location for the romance in San Francisco. Of course the network will keep Womack completely under wraps until the new season begins Sept. 24. Once the season premieres, Womack fans will gather for public viewings at Uncle Flirty’s, soon to be redubbed the Thirsty Nickel.

    Womack is somewhat accustomed to the local spotlight: The Chuggin’ Monkey was cited in 2005 by the Austin Police Department among the top places suspected drunken drivers said they had their last drinks. The Dizzy Rooster and the Monkey also host well-trafficked Web sites with party pictures from previous nights. After its regular appearances on “Real World,” the Rooster was one of the busiest bars on Sixth Street. The throngs diminished during the intervening months, but the place is clicking again, mostly after 11 p.m.

    Born in Atlanta, Womack moved to Texas when he was 12 and attended Texas State University for a year before taking an 8-year odyssey working in oil fields around the country. His next career was bartending with twin brother Chad. They saved their money and bought their own establishment and have been adding to the Womack Family Bar Empire ever since.

    “He’s one of the best guys I’ve ever met,” said Dizzy Rooster manager Tomette Walker, who, abiding by Womack’s contract with ABC, revealed almost nothing about the family or the show. “But I think any girl would be lucky to have him.”

    So why not star Brad’s identical twin Chad? Turns out he’s already married. Sorry, ladies.

    (Blog reported with Diane Holloway.)

    Read snarky recaps from last season’s episodes on The M.O.

    link

    He seems quite use to the spotlight also. Andy has been quite criticized for being in the spotlight, I wonder what the end result will be with Brad when the series is over? I wonder what people will think of him? Sometimes these poor guys don't know what they are getting into.

  9. #39
    Fort Blondie BlondieGal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    6,362

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Pansygirl;2521732;
    Blondie don't you mean Brad instead of Chad? although the brothers are interchangeable......... And we know from what the articles say about Chad being romantic so I'm hoping to that this will be a romantic season.
    Oh my gosh! I cannot believe I did that! Thank you, Pansy.

    Cafegirl, great article. You do such a fantastic job keeping us advised of the media news.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

  10. #40
    ... Ryvetted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Posts
    7,545

    Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by austinboy;2517867;
    That's kind of ridiculous to think that because someone is 34 and isn't married yet that there must be something wrong. A lot of people, including me, get very caught up in trying to make something happen in their lives and just haven't had the time or the opportunity to meet the "right" girl.
    I agree. With the divorce rates that are 1 out of every 2 marriages breaking up....nowadays, waiting for the right person adds to your credibility in alot of ways. Not that young marriages are doomed, but it's always wiser to give it time, IMO.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.