Page 104 of 195 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1949

Thread: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

Re: Media for Bachelor 11 **Possible Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2639760;
    Thanks for the website link....just a question for you...why didn't we see any of Bettina's siblings. It was only her father, mother & stepmom. I remember a long ago post of sisters/brothers etc at her wedding, names at least ending in Bell. Think her dad is a strange character, maybe her siblings live far away, but everyone else on hometown dates had at least one sibling there? What's going on with that?
    No Problem!

I believe her sister was there but she really didn't talk at all...If you go back and watch, you will see Brad being introduced to her!!

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2639811;
    - he (or his web director/designer) spelled "emphasis"* and "contextual" wrong. Maybe he isn't as edumacated as he thinks

Robert studied architecture at Yale University Graduate School, taught at the University of Maryland School of Architecture and has been the principle of Robert Bell Architects for thirty years. The office has specialized in custom residences around the world with an emphases on contextural architecture.

*yes, yes, I know you can spell it emphases, but not with the 'an' in front of it.
    Great catch on Dad's spelling errors. Mr. Perfect maybe didn't know that Brad's business probably pulls in more money than he makes as an architect..Just guessing Mr. Perfect has been "punked", is that the right word?

Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2639811;
    - he (or his web director/designer) spelled "emphasis"* and "contextual" wrong. Maybe he isn't as edumacated as he thinks

Robert studied architecture at Yale University Graduate School, taught at the University of Maryland School of Architecture and has been the principle of Robert Bell Architects for thirty years. The office has specialized in custom residences around the world with an emphases on contextural architecture.

*yes, yes, I know you can spell it emphases, but not with the 'an' in front of it.

He's so smart maybe he made up a word to describe contextual architecture with a little texture.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Actually, "contextural" is used correctly, if we believe that Mr. Bell's architecture is based on the principles of the correct arrangement and interweaving of elements.

"Emphases," as you've pointed out, is not correct. It is a plural word twice modified in the singular: with "an" and then by only listing one emphasis.

LOL, class dismissed.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by catn3d;2639739;
    Did we know Sheena has a new boyfriend and is planning a trip with him after the WTA?
    I didn't, until I read this article this morning:

http://origin.mercurynews.com/tv/ci_...nclick_check=1
    Life after 'Bachelor' is fine for Stewart
    By Chuck Barney

STAFF WRITER
    Article Launched: 10/30/2007 01:11:48 PM PDT

She got tantalizingly close, but Walnut Creek's Sheena Stewart won't be walking away with a rock on her finger from "The Bachelor."

The 23-year-old graduate of Northgate High School was eliminated from ABC's reality smoochfest in Monday night's episode after bachelor Brad Womack handed roses to three other finalists, but bid her farewell.

Millions of television viewers watched as Stewart broke down in the episode-ending limo ride. "My heart feels like it got ripped in half -- like it got stepped on," she said. "... I loved everything about him."

That scene, however, was shot in mid-August and Stewart insists she's now so over the Texas bar-owner. So over him, in fact, that she hooked up with a new boyfriend, with whom she plans a trip to Maui shortly after shooting a "Tell-All" special for "The Bachelor" later this week.

"He's really an amazing guy, and it happened so randomly," she said during a phone interview on Tuesday. "It makes you believe that everything really does happen for a reason."

Still, Stewart said her feelings for Womack were "real at the time," and she's not embarrassed at all that America saw her lose it over the man touted as "the sexiest bachelor ever."

"I think what heightened the emotions was that I was pretty shocked my name wasn't called (during the rose ceremony)," she said. "I was always nervous during every other rose ceremony, but this time I really wasn't. I thought we'd had such a great hometown date and that he'd want to
    explore things further. I wasn't worried. I was very calm. I hadn't prepared myself for that ending."

Stewart's exit came after bringing Womack to Walnut Creek to meet her folks, Greg and Beverly. And during a date that included boating on the Delta, a family barbecue and a dip in the hot tub, things appeared to be going fairly well. But Womack apparently never sensed any chemistry. "The feelings just weren't there," he said during an on-camera confessional.

His attitude probably wasn't enhanced by Stewart's marriage-minded mother, who appeared to be almost spacey at times and aggressively pushed the idea of matrimony, uttering things like, "She's ready to be one man's everything" and "Cut to the chase. Let's get the ring" -- to which Womack responded with a distinct deer-in-the-headlights look.

On Tuesday, Stewart defended her mom, pointing out that she was exhausted after a long day, combined with the fact that "she's a hopeless romantic."

"All I can say is that there was tons of great footage they didn't show," she said. "It is what it is, but I know what my family is really like, and they're amazing."

Stewart said that, despite the unceremonious ouster, her first brush with reality TV was "an amazing experience that I'd do all over again." She's also looking forward to this week's reunion with Womack and the cast.

"I know it's going to bring back a lot of memories, for sure, and I'll probably regress back to those final moments," she said. "But I'm excited about it, and hopefully it will bring me some closure."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Thanks for the article, Momof5Boys. I'm glad she's moved on and is dating someone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2620692;
    I think Fleiss is playing both ends against the middle. He's giving us a "she cant possibly be F1 edit" and offsetting it with Chad's interview. I've never read a complement from a family member expressing a favorite during the season! And we know she's F3 even if the casual viewers dont know that yet. It's just got to mean something. And all I can come up with are conspiracy theories. This is a very weird season. Chad likes DeAnna best. Brad wont even say he's in love. It's like they are trying to captivate us with weirdness since there isnt a love story.
    I know the above is an old post and I agree the editing has been all over the map. I copied it because I wanted to comment on Brad's reserve in interviews.

I just think its Brad being Brad. He's cautious--he doesn't jump into things, including possibly relationships, reserved and careful about what he says. He'd only known the F1 (I think there is one) for a month when the show ended and actually spent very little time with her during that month. He seems honest and straightforward, and probably won't participate in the producers' desired hype. Instead, he's telling it straight or choosing not to comment, possibly for fear of giving it away. (Several people commented on slips and smiles during interviews. To his credit, he's not the actor Andy was.) I think that he's behaving true to himself, but unlike Tessa who reminded us in every show of her mantra, he's not. Perhaps he believes that everyone is true to themselves or doesn't think the audience doesn't need to be told. How refreshing!
    Last edited by tabby cat; 10-31-2007 at 03:20 PM.

PSP

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2639828;
    Great catch on Dad's spelling errors. Mr. Perfect maybe didn't know that Brad's business probably pulls in more money than he makes as an architect..Just guessing Mr. Perfect has been "punked", is that the right word?
    ...or maybe even Pwned

Looking through the Profile section of his website, we are greeted with this gem:

"1973-present Robert Bell Architects have offices and studio in Georgetown. The office has been a winner numerous awards including Outstanding Residential Design Awards for Washington. Works of the office have included communities, offices, religious projects and individual residences. Presently residences are under construction on the coast of California, Annapolis MD, Blue ridge Mountains and Washington, D.C. "

I guess proofreading for typos and other errors isn't one of the necessary skills...

What's going on at dinner with Brad and Bettina? She's wearing that cute brown dress and he looks mad again. How can you do that hot tub scene with indigestion?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bogey123;2639760;
    Thanks for the website link....just a question for you...why didn't we see any of Bettina's siblings. It was only her father, mother & stepmom. I remember a long ago post of sisters/brothers etc at her wedding, names at least ending in Bell. Think her dad is a strange character, maybe her siblings live far away, but everyone else on hometown dates had at least one sibling there? What's going on with that?
    There's a picture, either in the screencaps only thread or on Joker's, that shows another young woman in a group shot. Perhaps she wasn't shown in the episode because of time.

Also, re. the boys shown with her dad on his website, are they half-siblings and younger than Bettina or are they now older and have the same mother? Odd that he's shown with the two boys when he also has three daughters.

Architects don't make enough money to send five children to private school and have a house like he has; there must be family money or his ex-wife has a job that pays well.