Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889 LastLast

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

Quote Originally Posted by bugsme3;2419008;
    Yes I just went back and look it seems that it is his room. Interesting she might have gone back to his room for a while
    Another thing I noticed about the final date was when he left the room he did not have the gift. When he left Bevin's date he was carrying the card. So obviously something was different with Tessa's date.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2418994;
    I guess I'm not making my point to clear. If Andy has the same type of conversations with Tessa (that he had with Bevin but we just didn't see), how come he didn't know if Tessa was willing to move to Hawaii? IMO, that would have been so important for them to talk about before his HD. JMO.
    2observe, let me answer this for you.........It's a reality show, everyone has a part to play. Bevin's part was the sexy girl who was willing to do anything for Andy, thus the moving conversations were shown...Tessa was the reluctant, unsure of the process girl thus the conversation wasn't aired. I know that I have read somewhere that Andy said he asked all the F4 women about moving to Hawaii..So really it's all about what storyline they are doing what they chose to show us.......JMHO

2observe
    2observe View Post
    I guess I'm not making my point to clear. If Andy has the same type of conversations with Tessa (that he had with Bevin but we just didn't see), how come he didn't know if Tessa was willing to move to Hawaii?
    He knew she was willing to move to Hawaii. Tessa told his sister that in PA. Of course Susie told Andy. He said that his sister reported back to him about her convo with Tessa. He knew. That's why parts of the final date dont make sense to me. I think alot of he nervousness , as well as Tessa's had to do with the proposal. Was she ready for that as well? It meant so much to Andy to have that level of committment from her, since he felt it so strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2412097;
    A rare breed? Must be really rare, as in non-existent rare, 'cause I've never heard of such an animal. Unless your intimating in some way that only the cream of the crop, the the most excellent specimens of womanhood, are capable of being married to this paragon of manhood. Then I'm sure Tessa fits the bill, because she is perfect in every way. Fleiss said so, so it must be so.
    The word "rare" doesn't mean "most excellent." It means "hard to come by, unusual." I would guess that just as not all men and women are suited to be in the military, not all men and are suited to be military spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by drooler;2420051;
    The word "rare" doesn't mean "most excellent." It means "hard to come by, unusual." I would guess that just as not all men and women are suited to be in the military, not all men and are suited to be military spouses.
    I should have consulted dictionary.com before posting. Mea culpa.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2419548;
    talldede I just rewatched the finale today. Some of my post is not entirely correct I think. Tessa told Andy's sister that she would move to Hawaii to be with Andy, and that he filled a void she didnt even know she had in her life. Andy said his sister spoke to him of her conversation with Tessa. He knew absolutely that she'd move for him. So what was the big conversation about with Tessa at the beach? And all the mutual nervousness? Whether to propose? Whether to accept? I think so. It's like there was a subtext. When she made her declaration of love to him, he was very moved. It meant that he could propose and he knew she'd say yes. She even said she'd say yes, in a PI.
    Tallede told me that the beach conversation was being discussed here, so I'll copy a post I made in the Editing thread and say that you're spot on, pajamasam. I think Andy was anxious to find out whether Tessa would accept a proposal. That explains the big gulp Andy made when Tessa said that she wanted to stay with him (meaning beyond tomorrow). So now when you hear Andy say that he decided after the final date, you'll know that he means that's when he decided to propose to Tessa. The final date was not when he decided between Bevin and Tessa. He was going to pick Tessa all along ... he just had not decided whether to propose which was how he honestly answered Samantha's question at Tessa's HT date.

Another poster noticed that in the beach scene after their sunset swim, Andy says to Tessa, "You have a big decision to make", to which Tessa responds with a serious look on her face, "I know". Did anyone else catch that Andy was saying that Tessa had to make a decision? When I first watched the finale, that conversation went right over my head and I heard Andy say that he was the one to make a decision the next day (regarding who to pick). But after watching that scene repeatedly, it appears that this poster was correct and Andy is telling Tessa that she needs to make up her mind about something. He goes on to say that some things in life require a big risk ... he says that to her again later than night when they're having cocktails in her (his?) room.

My theory is that Andy was telling Tessa that she needed to make up her mind as to whether she would accept if he were to propose. I speculate that Andy and Tessa have been discussing a marriage proposal for awhile. In reality, that's the way most relationships progress ... you fall in love ... then at some point you share your values, goals, dreams that determine whether you have a future together ... then you start discussing marriage and what a marriage between the two of you would be like. All of this seems like the most natural progression of a relationship that leads to marriage. That's what I loved most about Tessa and Andy ... it was such a sweet and real romance that took place under the most unreal circumstances.

I think Andy realized after reading Tessa's note that she had made up her mind. When Tessa wrote, "I don't want to go back to the life I was leading" and "We were meant to be together", that was a clear message to Andy that her answer would be Yes.

I welcome any thoughts from any of you out there.

ETA: This leaves me wondering whether Andy disclosed to his family at his HT date that Tessa was his chosen one, but that he was wrestling with whether to propose to Tessa. Maybe that's why Suzie said that she "absolutely" loved Andy's chosen one. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by 59hawaii; 05-26-2007 at 06:47 PM.

I answered you 59hawaii, in the editing thread since there was more discussion there.

I rewatched (again) and re: the part on the beach. Last night was the first time I actually thought Andy said "you know, there's a big decision to be made tomorrow".

Who knows - not that it matters anymore!

Wiccan, I do not even know where to post this, so I hope you see it. You do such a great job with screencaps - is there any way you could capture a picture of Andy & Tess from the ATFR when they are cuddled together watching the proposal. They look precious to me there! Thanks!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2418992;
    I did not notice that. Too funny!
    I didn't notice him giving her the finger either. Hilarious!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by lkras16;2419144;
    I thought he was lifting up his shirt to show her his butt! In any case, it was funny.
    That's what I thought also!