Page 79 of 89 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 885

Thread: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

  1. #781
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    144

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by casualfan;2415885;
    My only question with the collage is that we have heard from other bachelorettes they had no access to magazines or anything that would distract them from the Bachelor. Once they leave the house do they have access to those things? From that perspective she would have had to have help.

    Then how did Bevin buy the watch, or the card, or the gift bag? Clearly they either BOTH were allowed to go to the store, or they BOTH gave shopping lists to staffers.

    Besides, at this point they had already been home, been on planes (and therefore in airports) and stayed in hotels. They had access to television at home and in the hotel. So I'm sure the restrictions they had in the house were lifted.

    ETA: Miss Thing was faster than me! Sorry for the redundancy!
    Last edited by Momof5Boys; 05-23-2007 at 08:43 PM. Reason: to add ETA

  2. #782
    FORT Goddess AndyLuvsTessa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    166

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by bachlorfan;2415623;
    TEAM Andessa. I agree totally with this post. I fell the same way and have for weeks. Bevin did not stand a chance with Andy at all. Everything we saw with Bevin was a smokescreen and had to be played out for the show. Andy knew very early on that Tessa would be his F1. I think ABC picked Bevin just before the Tahoe date and told Andy to play it up with her so they could bring her to the final 2 postition. ( hence , please , please please hang in there ) I truly believe that. The Final 4 had a role that ABC wanted to play out. And Andy had to go with it until the end. He started to show interest in Tessa the first night , then on the aircraft carrier, he wanted to make sure she knew he was interested in her. On Tahoe date he told her Im not blowing smoke at you , hang in there. ( another words , let me get thru this). And at the end he thanked her for making it possible and sticking it out)....


    I saw the love story with Andy and Tessa building the entire show. I agree with you when you say" ABC didn't expect the bachelor to really fall in love and so fast. Unfortunate for Bevin ,that she was chosen to be the fall guy here. and she gave them good material to use in there theme of Bad girl with tons of physical chemistry Vs good girl reluctant bride.

    I think Andy felt so bad to have to do this pretending with Bevin and that's why he said he had so much respect for her in the end. He knows she was played for the sake of the show. That's my opinion.

    Did anyone notice.. when Tessa sister said to Andy " so you only keep the other girls ,because you have to" if you watch quickly he is nods his head but then clamps up , because he knows he can't answer them virbally. I was surprised Fleiss left that statement in . but my take on that was " DEF yes , he has to keep the other girls to complete the show. He only ever wanted Tessa. it was so obvious to me.
    And I agree with both Team_Andessa and your posts.

    Let's just pretend Tessa was not in the picture at all. Do you Bevin fans really believe Andy would have proposed to her? He may have chosen her if Tessa was not a contender only because he may have liked her best of the remaining contestants. He would probably choose her to take to F1, but only because he has to take someone to F1. I think everyone of us has a type of person that we see ourselves in love with and want to marry. If that type wasn't present, we normally don't just default to another type. Bevin and Tessa are two very distinct women with unique traits and personalities. These women are not replaceable or interchangeable as prospective marriage partners. Andy may have been fascinated by Bevin and find her interesting (she's definitely good for his ego), but he would not have proposed to her.
    Flight for two on JedAir.

  3. #783
    Zao
    Zao is offline
    FORT Fanatic Zao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    572

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    LOL, I can't believe people are questioning if the crew helped with the collage. The girls are only "isolated" when they're living in the mansion. When it's down to F4, they have their own hotel room, so I'm sure they have access to stores, TV, and books/magazines. If you listen to Andy/Tessa's interviews where they mention the collage youu can hear the emphasis on how much time and thought it took.

  4. #784
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zao;2417098;
    LOL, I can't believe people are questioning if the crew helped with the collage. The girls are only "isolated" when they're living in the mansion. When it's down to F4, they have their own hotel room, so I'm sure they have access to stores, TV, and books/magazines. If you listen to Andy/Tessa's interviews where they mention the collage youu can hear the emphasis on how much time and thought it took.
    Tessa didn't have THAT much time on her hands. IMO, that's why Andy asked how could she have done it.

  5. #785
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2417264;
    Tessa didn't have THAT much time on her hands. IMO, that's why Andy asked how could she have done it.
    But, here's the thing - nobody but Tessa and the crew knows how it got done. Certainly not Bevin, or Bevin's best internet buds. And, since Bevin was, according to her best internet buds, on such a tight schedule to prepare for that date, the bottom line is that she had to have help, too.

    So, we can believe, if we want, that they both got help, or that neither of them did, but we really have nothing more than one side of the story regarding the whole one got help, the other didn't theory.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

  6. #786
    FORT Fogey glowgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,271

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2417266;
    But, here's the thing - nobody but Tessa and the crew knows how it got done. Certainly not Bevin, or Bevin's best internet buds. And, since Bevin was, according to her best internet buds, on such a tight schedule to prepare for that date, the bottom line is that she had to have help, too.

    So, we can believe, if we want, that they both got help, or that neither of them did, but we really have nothing more than one side of the story regarding the whole one got help, the other didn't theory.

    I would think she was allowed the materials to make it. They don't take too much time. My girls do them quickly as gifts to friends.

  7. #787
    FORT Regular crystalmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    131

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    A regular scrapper probably does it in no time. Tessa kept a journal so we know she jot her memories down regularly, so who knows, maybe she has been doing scrapping for years or enjoy doing this with children ?

    It's not surprising Tessa might have receive some 'help', help to obtain glue, scissor, magazines and the picture frame - absolutely no doubt she needed help to buy all the materials in such a short timeframe . ...... But the collage, that's definitely her thoughts, her ideas, her memories, her journey and experiences she treasured with Andy . No one could help her with transcribing those feelings ...she is the only one that can transfer those moments into a collage for Andy to treasure.

  8. #788
    FORT Fogey armywife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    3,385

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by crystalmom;2417362;
    A regular scrapper probably does it in no time. Tessa kept a journal so we know she jot her memories down regularly, so who knows, maybe she has been doing scrapping for years or enjoy doing this with children ?

    It's not surprising Tessa might have receive some 'help', help to obtain glue, scissor, magazines and the picture frame - absolutely no doubt she needed help to buy all the materials in such a short timeframe . ...... But the collage, that's definitely her thoughts, her ideas, her memories, her journey and experiences she treasured with Andy . No one could help her with transcribing those feelings ...she is the only one that can transfer those moments into a collage for Andy to treasure.
    I liked the scrapbook page photo she did. I did a scrapbook (my first one ever) for my Husband for Christmas outlining his military career up until that point. But it was my first time scrapbooking. It cost me over 800.00 to make it and had over 100 pages in it that by the time it was done, the book itself would not close because it was stuffed. The entire project (which my Son helped a lot with ) took 3 months to do. Unfortunately since Christmas we haven't even looked at it again. All the time, all that effort, all that handcrafting and all of that money. I wouldn't do it the way I did it before.

    However, each page took about an hour and a half to create.. so it's very possible she had enough time to complete it! There is no doubt she had help in it. Maybe not 'creating it' but getting the supplies together. I am going to guess it took her a couple of hours to do.

  9. #789
    FORT Regular gurlbrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,038

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    Quote Originally Posted by coop2;2413136;
    with 40 days of leave don't you think he should have used some to visit his family? my husband was in the navy for 5 years and visited his family with every leave he had and if he could not get home he flew both of his parents to where he was stationed so they could see more of the world. Is Andy a "family man"?

    I am sorry but I do not agree, the military is not a hardship in visiting family. They provide places to stay and you can Mac (ride)on one of their planes for free.

    A deployment and war can be a hardship on visiting family but Andy has been stationed for quite a while.

    One of the rules of "MAC" flights is that you cannot use them for ConUS to ConUS flights (i.e within the 48 contiguous United States) for family members. Andy would have been able to use a MAC flight from SF to PA or from HI to PA but he would not have been able to fly his parents from say PA to SF or from PA to HI with a stopover within the lower 48. In Hawaii the military has a hotel called the Halekoa (sp?) that is available for military members and their families.

    I do find it difficult to believe that he hadn't been home for two years. However, my family lives in the UK and it was 12 years before we went back to visit them, even with MAC flights being available. Life sometimes gets in the way. IMO

  10. #790
    HIDDEN IN PLAIN SIGHT kraziladi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    OVER THE RAINBOW
    Posts
    1,412

    Re: 5/21 Show Discussion Thread. .. Sleuther Style!

    On Andy's website there is pictures of him with his family labeled "Christmas in Hawaii" . Just because Andy hasn't been home, doesn't mean his family has not visited him in Hawaii.
    When you put your whole body into the dance, your spirit will follow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.