Page 14 of 245 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All speculation & spoilers go here!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall!

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2424627;
    I think it would make more sense if the new season were to be in Alaska (because of Men in Trees) There really are a bunch of beautiful places in Alaska that aren't frozen tundra..LOL. I think this could be a sexy TB season too.

Maybe they are working on an Alaskan Cowboy theme? LOL.. I am really loving the cowboy theme.

Someone posted about the heat in the summertime in Texas.. but I've been doing some reading, and the state is really becoming quite the popular place to live.. alot of people have been moving there from California. Especially Austin, Dallas and Houston. I think it would be fun to "showcase" Texas. I know a lot of Bachelorettes come from Texas.. why not have TB there?
    hayleysmommy, you are correct about Texas becoming a popular place for people to relocate to. I was born and raised in Texas and have lived in several parts of the state, so I can attest to a very diverse climate and terrain, but Pajamsam is correct, that August (and most of September) in Texas is a test for becoming a ture Texan! I think if the them is Bachelor Texas and by chance a cowboy team..... we'd separate the girls from the true 'cowgirls' by testing who could stand the heat in late summer!!
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

I think that Fleiss has decided they have more success with stateside productions and of course the cost is less. Hopefully, with this years success, they will announce the bachelor in advance. Didn't work with Lorz or JenS, but it did with Charlie and Andy.

Maybe we have a TX business tycoon (John Paul, anyone? - Oh he's taken right now) who lives on a gentleman's ranch raises quarterhorses, runs a children camp on his ranch. Does that cover all bases?
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2424789;
    hayleysmommy, you are correct about Texas becoming a popular place for people to relocate to. I was born and raised in Texas and have lived in several parts of the state, so I can attest to a very diverse climate and terrain, but Pajamsam is correct, that August (and most of September) in Texas is a test for becoming a ture Texan! I think if the them is Bachelor Texas and by chance a cowboy team..... we'd separate the girls from the true 'cowgirls' by testing who could stand the heat in late summer!!
    You aren't kidding. I live in Leander which is outside of Austin and doing anything outside in Texas in August outside of Barton Springs is impossible without heatstroke! You also aren't kidding about the population spike, the school district in my area has second highest growth rate in the state and is ranked in the nation and last I checked Williamson County was in top ten growth rate in the nation. As to "Bachelor Texas" they did have a casting call at the Round Rock Express game (I didn't go because I was home watching the Finale instead!!) If they film at night it's not so bad and of course get them a house with swimming pool, but best bets are indoor activities due to the heat. I would like to see it though.

Re: The Bachelor 11 - Early Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

The Ouija board never fails.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2424797;
    I think that Fleiss has decided they have more success with stateside productions and of course the cost is less. Hopefully, with this years success, they will announce the bachelor in advance. Didn't work with Lorz or JenS, but it did with Charlie and Andy.

Maybe we have a TX business tycoon (John Paul, anyone? - Oh he's taken right now) who lives on a gentleman's ranch raises quarterhorses, runs a children camp on his ranch. Does that cover all bases?
    Jelle, John Paul is from Oklahoma and the word is, he is taken.
    The problem with young cowboy ranchers is that there aren't that many around anymore. Sure there are some who've inherited Daddy's ranch, but post sell it off because ranching is ot as profitable as it used to be. And the other well know cowboy catergory would be Rodeo cowboys and most of them are pretty young!! I know of some very wealthy ranchers but they're more my mom's age.. so they'd have to have a Sr citizen Bachelor!! (kidding).
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2424865;
    The problem with young cowboy ranchers is that there aren't that many around anymore. Sure there are some who've inherited Daddy's ranch, but post sell it off because ranching is ot as profitable as it used to be. And the other well know cowboy catergory would be Rodeo cowboys and most of them are pretty young!! I know of some very wealthy ranchers but they're more my mom's age.. so they'd have to have a Sr citizen Bachelor!! (kidding).
    Unfortunately this is so true!! To quote Paula Cole, "Where have all the cowboys gone?" most of the ranchers that I know are over 35 and the rodeo cowboys range in age but a lot of them are really young. They are also nomatic (very hard to settle down with one of them, they are always on the road) like musicians, it could be hard to do a bachelor if they want a successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2424865;
    I would think that actual cowboys with "ranches" would be best to be found in Montana or Alaska....but I don't know if they have ranches in Alaska..lol...what about Australia???
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Newbie

Officer and a Gentleman was the first season I watched.

Have they ever done something with Seattle?

In terms of the time of year, August - September is a beautiful time of year there for filming. They could also probably find a good software "techie gazillionaire" who would likely jump at the prospect of choosing among 25 lovely women - having worked at Microsoft myself, there are a lot of very athletic, good looking single rich guys who have not yet found the right woman because they have been very career focused.

Personally, however, I would rather tune in for a nice southern gentleman cowboy bachelor.

FORT Fogey

Jp_8378, where do you live?

If the choices are:

Alaska
    Montana
    Texas
    Illinois
    Wisconsin
    Utah
    Nebraska

Only Illinois and Texas (I'm going to get reamed for this) have the big city settings the show seems to go for. And, wasn't one show already set in Chicago? By process of eliminatin, this leaves Texas. Jp_8378 will you nod yeah or nay?
    Last edited by tabby cat; 05-30-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Re: The Bachelor 11 - Early Sleuthing Thread **SPOILERS**

You guys are a riot. We really need to contact the CIA and ask if they need help with anything because you are all REALLY that good. And I love the sleuthing part too, but I'm always a day late and 100 posts behind I can't figure out how to do the page thing to 100 posts, would someone email me the way to do that. Thanks. And thanks for the fun season. You are all awesome.

ETA: I figured it out. Thanks for the heads up on this feature.
    Last edited by live4romance; 05-30-2007 at 05:48 PM.