Thread: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All speculation & spoilers go here!

  1. #1031
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    972

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    One more thing, quoted from The Bachelor eligibility requirements:

    "Applicants acknowledge, understand, and agree that Companies (as defined below) use or revelation of Personal Information and Recordings ... may be embarrassing, unfavorable, humiliating, and/or derogatory and/or may portray him or her in a false light. Each applicant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless the Companies from any and all claims ..." The Bachelor :: Eligibility Requirements

    This is the basis of the suggestions above, listed here for the next bachelor, not to say or do anything that is potentially embarassing.

  2. #1032
    FORT Fan HowRYa?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    355

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by notafan;2481243;
    Ya'll are crazy for clues. I just meant that to mean what it said that I enjoy a good plum or pluot, especially a pluot. I won't say no to an apple either but I did get ahold of Tina's blog. Thank you so much for all the information everyone provided. She leaves tomorrow....it felt alot like saying goodbye to a sheep leaving the herd to roam the woods. You know they're as good as dead as soon as the wolf gets ahold of them, but there's nothing you can really do. If the sheep wants to be set free, you set them free. Farewell my little fluffy friend.
    notafan, one could take your plum reference and then think of dried plums.
    We all know what happens when we are full of too many dried plums. Is that what you meant? If not then I hope no offense is taken.



  3. #1033
    FORT Fanatic kendra_k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    690

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by notafan;2481243;
    Ya'll are crazy for clues. I just meant that to mean what it said that I enjoy a good plum or pluot, especially a pluot. I won't say no to an apple either but I did get ahold of Tina's blog. Thank you so much for all the information everyone provided. She leaves tomorrow....it felt alot like saying goodbye to a sheep leaving the herd to roam the woods. You know they're as good as dead as soon as the wolf gets ahold of them, but there's nothing you can really do. If the sheep wants to be set free, you set them free. Farewell my little fluffy friend.
    Pluot ~ trademark by Floyd Zaiger. He and his wife Betty have three children, a daughter and two sons. Could the new bachelor be one of the sons? Gary or Grant?

    Added: Just found the ages of the 3 children. Gary is about 55, Grant is about 50 and their daughter, Leith Gardner is about 53. It can't be Gary or Grant, so maybe it's a grandchild.
    Last edited by kendra_k; 07-19-2007 at 12:08 PM.

  4. #1034
    I Love Lilacs! aanjheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    swinging in my hammock
    Posts
    939

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2480553;
    LOL aanijheni,

    I can't wait for the Bachelor to start and we can sleuth again. I am curious to see what sleuthing technicques Fleiss and Co will use now. So many sleuthing tricks that usually point to F1, were used for the F2 in Andy's season.
    That is what I am eager for moreso than a love story. Are they going to shake things up a bit so that the F1/2 are harder to sleuth?

    I have a question for anyone in the know - What have the girls been told beforehand? I mean, do they know what location they are going to? Do they have a way to let their family members know that they are ok? I mean really, I have a gorgeous 21 year-old daughter and if she said she was going to be on a tv show for 6 weeks with no contact to the outside world, I would first think "omg, she is going to be sold into slavery" then "omg, she is joining a cult" (no offense to those on the FORT who may be in a cult - religious freedom and all that) , then "omg, she is going to be on a stupid VH1 reality show" and THEN "omg, she is going to be on the Bachelor". At this point I am not too sure which one would be the most hideous scenario.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

  5. #1035
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by aanjheni;2481633;
    That is what I am eager for moreso than a love story. Are they going to shake things up a bit so that the F1/2 are harder to sleuth?

    I have a question for anyone in the know - What have the girls been told beforehand? I mean, do they know what location they are going to? Do they have a way to let their family members know that they are ok? I mean really, I have a gorgeous 21 year-old daughter and if she said she was going to be on a tv show for 6 weeks with no contact to the outside world, I would first think "omg, she is going to be sold into slavery" then "omg, she is joining a cult" (no offense to those on the FORT who may be in a cult - religious freedom and all that) , then "omg, she is going to be on a stupid VH1 reality show" and THEN "omg, she is going to be on the Bachelor". At this point I am not too sure which one would be the most hideous scenario.

    their families know, but once they get there, they cut off all communication. if a girl's dumb enough to go on, what can you really tell her? the producers (as far as i know) haven't told them where the show is being filmed, but gave them a list of things to bring. i thought the same thing about the slavery thing...and oh vh1. a boy can dream, i'd much rather see her on flavor of love with some nickname like "vaginasaurus" than on the bachelor.

  6. #1036
    Premium Member pajamasam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,696

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    notafan tell your friend to bring lots of Powerbars (like the racers do for the Amazing Race). Seriously. If she eats before the cocktail parties, she's less likely to get flat out drunk and embarrass herself. If she's tipsy, they will exploit that. Also, if she can find a way to limit all criticism of the other girls, it will be to her benefit.

  7. #1037
    I Love Lilacs! aanjheni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    swinging in my hammock
    Posts
    939

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2481765;
    notafan tell your friend to bring lots of Powerbars (like the racers do for the Amazing Race). Seriously. If she eats before the cocktail parties, she's less likely to get flat out drunk and embarrass herself. If she's tipsy, they will exploit that. Also, if she can find a way to limit all criticism of the other girls, it will be to her benefit.
    Excellent idea pajamasam. Nervousness, alcohol, hunger and low body fat never make for the best first impression.

    My advice for future bachelorettes - don't do anything that you wouldn't want your grandma, grandpa, mother or father see and be proud of.
    One thing I can give and still keep...is my word.

  8. #1038
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    972

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2481249;
    Don't you think that most the girls have a grand time?
    For some, I don't think the misrepresentation on national TV makes up for the up side.

    About Bakersfield, I was kidding. I know it's really hot there during the summer.

    And, finally, thanks jelle for championing animals the way you do and letting us know Scooby was adopted.

  9. #1039
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,165

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    In terms of advice I'd like to reference Sadie's comments and that you're friend shouldn't forget that she's a "vegetarian", if she is, just because there's only one meal available and everyone is fixated on the "hamburger",(bachelor) lol. I love metaphors and this said it all to me. Not every girl is truly suited to the bachelor and visa versa each girl must try and look beyond the common fixation to the REAL guy and judge their TRUE compatibility to each other.

  10. #1040
    FORT Fogey KashatheDiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,068

    Re: Bachelor Season 11 returns this fall! All news, speculation and spoilers goes he

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2481929;
    In terms of advice I'd like to reference Sadie's comments and that you're friend shouldn't forget that she's a "vegetarian", if she is, just because there's only one meal available and everyone is fixated on the "hamburger",(bachelor) lol. I love metaphors and this said it all to me. Not every girl is truly suited to the bachelor and visa versa each girl must try and look beyond the common fixation to the REAL guy and :judge their TRUE compatibility to each other.
    I absolutely loved this metaphor in so many ways!
    More meat!
    Less filling! Great taste!
    Manwhich
    Hamburger helper(Fleiss)
    AND the oldies but goody: Where's the beef?(or in HDDA's case sock)
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.