23 4.63%
  • I couldn't care less.

17 3.42%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Bevin or Tessa? Who gets the final rose? ***REVISED***

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Bevin or Tessa? Who gets the final rose? ***REVISED***

Quote Originally Posted by simplechef;2411532;
    I just have to say... many of the seasoned slueths got it wrong this season... in reviewing the voting many of the seasoned slueths picked Bevin. All along I knew Tessa would win. The ring box on the table confirmed it. I guess Fliess finally tricked the sluethers by putting the winner on the viewers left instead of on the right... WOW! It was definitely shocking! I hope all 13 people in the #1 spot on the rose ceremony game chose Bevin... Then I could potentially win the BIG prize!
    I knew it was Tessa too. I didn't understand why the seasoned sleuthers put all their stock in Bevin being on the right spot. There were so many other indicators that Tessa was F1:
    - The previews for the finale made Bevin look like F1, and usually that's a bad sign (don't know if it ever wasn't).
    - Bevin has been in the forefront since the first show. Bad sign.
    - Bevin's edit was bad enough to turn most people off. I've seen two different formulas from Fleiss - 1) F2 is most popular, F1 is so-so and 2) F1 is most popular and F2 is "villain" who seems to have a very good chance. Fleiss's edit for this show was very similar to Andrew Firestone's.
    - Tessa's sunset photos!
    - Dogtags on the table with Tessa, but not on the table when Andy was waiting for F2 (presumably, but no more presumable that Fleiss would never change where F1 and F2 stood). As a side note - the dogtags were never mentioned! We saw them, but nothing was ever said about them. We also didn't get to hear Andy sing!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I hope it doesn't sound like I was slamming the super-sleuthers. I'm usually shaking my head in amazement over the minute details they uncover. But that's why I was very confused over how adamant they were that the one photo we had of Bevin in the normal F1 position meant she was F1. And that it trumped not only the dogtags, but also the sunset (which we learned only lasted 23 minutes that day) in Tessa's photos. Yes, there was very little physical evidence. But there was a little more in Tessa's favor, and for me, the edit was icing on the cake.

Again, I'm not trying to rub this in. Just trying to get inside the super brains of the super sleuthers! Kind of a post-mortem, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2411896;
    I hope it doesn't sound like I was slamming the super-sleuthers. I'm usually shaking my head in amazement over the minute details they uncover. But that's why I was very confused over how adamant they were that the one photo we had of Bevin in the normal F1 position meant she was F1. And that it trumped not only the dogtags, but also the sunset (which we learned only lasted 23 minutes that day) in Tessa's photos. Yes, there was very little physical evidence. But there was a little more in Tessa's favor, and for me, the edit was icing on the cake.

Again, I'm not trying to rub this in. Just trying to get inside the super brains of the super sleuthers! Kind of a post-mortem, if you will.
    Actually not all of the sleuthers were in the kayak and yesterday they turned and said Tessa because of the ring box and dog tags on table for Tessa and not Bevin. Unfortunately the best pics to sleuth were the ones they teased us with last night. They showed a cap of him turning to his right (our left) which of course was Tessa's side and they showed an elbow that was in Tessa's skin tone and body tone (Also when Tessa gets excited she raises her elbows up with arms bent in sort of a hesitant exited pose. Bevin never does it with her arms.) Sleuthers would have had no choice but to pick Tess if ABC had shown that clip. I thought that the sleuthers yesterday did a better job than when we first got the FRC caps. Also on ABC board yesterday late about 5 ct someone who had attended the atfr/wta special she revealed that those of us that like the zip line date would be happy with finale. Someone else who also attended came on a couple minutes later and seconded it. That probably helped me see the clues despite fleiss edit trying to make it look like Bevin. I could also watch the body language and tell that Andy was disengaging from Bevin just a little subtle bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;2411896;
    But that's why I was very confused over how adamant they were that the one photo we had of Bevin in the normal F1 position meant she was F1.

Probably because in ALL 9 Seasons of the Bachelor, the winner has always been on the right to show off the ring finger. It never failed. . . Apparently they changed it this season so they could show the sunset. I bet next season, it will be back to the winner standing on the right again.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2412275;
    Probably because in ALL 9 Seasons of the Bachelor, the winner has always been on the right to show off the ring finger. It never failed. . . Apparently they changed it this season so they could show the sunset. I bet next season, it will be back to the winner standing on the right again.
    Maybe so. Now I have never put as much stock in that stuff as I have in ring pics (Lorenzo Season) candle heights (Travis season) back of dress (Byron season) that kind of stuff tells more to me. Those of us on this path in sleuthing were the ones that bought into sunset theory as well as what was or wasn't on FRC table. Maybe we should learn our lesson about believing in rose order, which side girl stands on etc as those will change with circumstances each season. Some were saying Bevin from what order she got out of limo in first epi but I brought up at the time examples of other seasons where that wasn't the case. Now this season can be brought up later as example on where the girl stands isn't necessarily it and to rely more on sleuth clues with regard to the pics and details in them or around them. Excellent example was in Travis season, someone blew up limo pick 300 times and you could see Moana's dress neckline and knew that she was runner up. I don't know how many discussions at the time on that to disagree from disappointed Moana fans, but they were right. ABC can always flip pics on which side, but there are circumstances and details they can't control and sleuthers will always find them in the end even if they initially go the other way (like ArmyWife finding the ring box and changing her sleuth pic though her heart was with Bevin. I give her lots of credit for finding that and posting it and still being true to her self. Good job!)