View Poll Results: Who's getting the final rose? Discuss your likes/dislikes of the F3. **SPOILERS**

Voters
419. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...Bevin

70 16.71%
  • ...Danielle

22 5.25%
  • ...Tessa

327 78.04%
Page 12 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's getting the final rose? Discuss your likes/dislikes of the F3. **SPOILERS**

Re: Who's getting the final rose? Discuss your likes/dislikes of the F3. **SPOILERS**

If Bevin was pregnant before and had a child, obviously Andy would know this already! It's obsurd.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Re: Who's getting the final rose? Discuss your likes/dislikes of the F3. **SPOILERS**

I never said anything about a child

[QUOTE=Beachmom;2385145;]
    Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2385030;
    My neighbor also told me that on the local Airforce base (I live close to one), NO ONE in the hospital unit calls anyone DOC who is of a higher rank then they are. They call them sir or ma'am while on duty. Maybe Andy is simply more relaxed but the military does adhere to certain formalities as anyone here who is a member can probably attest too. My husband was a Captain and all of his friend of a lower rank had to salute him and call him sir....without exeption. He is still friends with some of them many years later and they still call him Captain at times. I think it's funny but to them it's a habit.

I have to differ with you here. Andy's story reminds me a lot of my husband's, with a lot of similarities. When we were newly married, my husband was stationed in Japan. He came back to get married and a few days later returned with me! He played baseball and cards with the guys who worked for him. He has always been a friendly, informal guy (from a small town in PA!), and told me he felt awkward when they addressed him outside of work by his rank or "doctor." So it became "Doc" after hours, and more formal when they were at the hospital.

I've said before I think Tessa will become his fiancee. From what I've seen throughout my military life, she will do fine. I remember how naive I was and how important I thought it was to learn everything. I also had a career that was important to me, and I had to adjust. I've never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it's an assignment a lot like Japan. You really do grow close to everyone you work with - they become your family away from home. Still in touch with most of them! She'll make a great Navy wife!
    Thanks, great post. I thought all those posts referring to "DOC" were a little strange, too. So I'm glad to see that someone with 1st hand knowledge agrees!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2385145;
    I have to differ with you here. Andy's story reminds me a lot of my husband's, with a lot of similarities. When we were newly married, my husband was stationed in Japan. He came back to get married and a few days later returned with me! He played baseball and cards with the guys who worked for him. He has always been a friendly, informal guy (from a small town in PA!), and told me he felt awkward when they addressed him outside of work by his rank or "doctor." So it became "Doc" after hours, and more formal when they were at the hospital.

I've said before I think Tessa will become his fiancee. From what I've seen throughout my military life, she will do fine. I remember how naive I was and how important I thought it was to learn everything. I also had a career that was important to me, and I had to adjust. I've never been to Hawaii, but I imagine it's an assignment a lot like Japan. You really do grow close to everyone you work with - they become your family away from home. Still in touch with most of them! She'll make a great Navy wife!
    Thanks for sharing your story Beachmom.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieHoo;2385162;
    I never said anything about a child
    I know, I was just saying, if she was pregnant (abortion) or had a child. I guess I meant to say, or if she had a child instead of and a child. Sorry.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

FORT Fanatic

There's really no disagreement....while on duty or at work they adhere to formalities. While off-duty it is probably different.

My husband was in the military a long time ago and things WERE different then.

Maybe the guy who posts here is an off-duty buddy??

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2385187;
    Thanks for sharing your story Beachmom.

CruiseLady and talldede: YW! : )

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2385199;
    There's really no disagreement....while on duty or at work they adhere to formalities. While off-duty it is probably different.

My husband was in the military a long time ago and things WERE different then.

Maybe the guy who posts here is an off-duty buddy??
    That's true - work has to be more formal! I think things might be a little different overseas too, when you rely on each other so much. We've always lived off-base here in the states, although sometimes in predominantly military family neighborhoods. But her you have the outside world to relate to.

The poster here reminds me of someone my husband enjoyed knowing. You can tell he or she thinks a lot of Andy! Or maybe it's a group getting together with one person actually doing the posting?

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2385123;
    I'm really bad...I thought that Tess was a bit heavy, that Bevin had a huge nose and that Danielle was a plain Jane...it made me think highly of Andy for not looking only for beauty as so many have done before him.

I really thought that this was the most unattracitve group of Bachelorettes ever. It was kind of refreshing.

Tessa heavy? She is the tallest and thinnest of the bunch. If you look at her when the show the full view of the girls at the RC's, she is the tiniest one there. I think she has a little bit fuller face because of the shape of it -- I have that too. Everyone has always called me chipmunk cheeks, lol!

I honestly think all the women are beautiful! I think Danielle is very striking and Bevin and Tessa have a very natural beauty about them.

FORT Fanatic

They sure look different in the pictures posted here then they do on televison. Of course TV puts about ten pounds on people. I really didn't think much of their looks but I am used to a bunch of bimbo Bachelorettes from past shows who looked like super models.

Tess does have a round face. It could all be very deceiving. She could be a stick. It's in the eye of the beholder and the size of your television screen!!!!

Mine is 60 inches and everyone looks huge to me; of course, I'm as blind as a bat.