Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 552

Thread: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

  1. #531
    FORT Fogey cape's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,631

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathmac31;2786291;
    It has been interesting reading all the posts since I posted my epic reply yesterday.
    I am open to questions and will answer as honestly as I can but without compromising current events.
    I understand that people will be sceptical of me as I hid some things at the beginning but I had my reasons.
    Hiding something is not the same as lying and it had to be done at the time.

    I'm open, fire away with the questions and I will help where I can.
    When was the last time you talked to Matt?

  2. #532
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccermama;2786301;
    I was LOL was I read Lellis's post too. I was 24 when I got married and had my first baby when I was 27 -- wow, I feel I am really dating myself here, lol! I do think now a days that people are waiting until their 30's to get married and start families.

    Anyway, Lellis, all the contestants sound so young to me -- it seems like they shouldn't even know what they want out of life yet, especially the ones in their early 20's.
    I don't think that's necessarily the case-- I think it all depends on the situation and the people. I met my husband when I was 21 in a bar at college and we married 4 years later. I was at a point in my life [having been a party girl and sowed my wild oats ] where I was ready to settle down and the night I met him, I just 'knew'. The rest is history...

    Maybe that's why I am such a sap-- b/c I DO believe that not only can lightning strike, but that it can last...

    That being said, after what we've heard about the meet & greet-- even my little hope for a showmance went out the window. I think Bachelor 12 will be pure 'show' and no romance. Knowing that going in, though, I guess I'll be able to just sit back w/ little investment in who the last girl standing is, and after last season, I'm okay with that!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  3. #533
    FORT Fogey rileymeboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2786464;
    I don't think that's necessarily the case-- I think it all depends on the situation and the people. I met my husband when I was 21 in a bar at college and we married 4 years later. I was at a point in my life [having been a party girl and sowed my wild oats ] where I was ready to settle down and the night I met him, I just 'knew'. The rest is history...

    Maybe that's why I am such a sap-- b/c I DO believe that not only can lightning strike, but that it can last...

    That being said, after what we've heard about the meet & greet-- even my little hope for a showmance went out the window. I think Bachelor 12 will be pure 'show' and no romance. Knowing that going in, though, I guess I'll be able to just sit back w/ little investment in who the last girl standing is, and after last season, I'm okay with that!!
    ITA with you cantstopwatchin, I've excepted the same and I'm going to set back choose someone I like and have fun for what it actually is an evening soap opera. I just hope the girls that are there to find someone are not hurt. That is always the sad part of this show. Even the winner, if their is one, loses.

  4. #534
    FORT Fogey hopelessroman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    1,427

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2786464;
    I don't think that's necessarily the case-- I think it all depends on the situation and the people. I met my husband when I was 21 in a bar at college and we married 4 years later. I was at a point in my life [having been a party girl and sowed my wild oats ] where I was ready to settle down and the night I met him, I just 'knew'. The rest is history...

    Maybe that's why I am such a sap-- b/c I DO believe that not only can lightning strike, but that it can last...

    That being said, after what we've heard about the meet & greet-- even my little hope for a showmance went out the window. I think Bachelor 12 will be pure 'show' and no romance. Knowing that going in, though, I guess I'll be able to just sit back w/ little investment in who the last girl standing is, and after last season, I'm okay with that!!
    Ditto Ditto...here and for what Riley said above. My plan is to go back and enjoy for pure entertainment value. I just wish I had a DVR so I didn't have to do my rewatching on the ABC website!!! LOL. . .

    I love the "showmance" word. By jove, I do believe you have coined a new FORT word!!!!! Bravo

  5. #535
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by hopelessroman;2803388;
    I love the "showmance" word. By jove, I do believe you have coined a new FORT word!!!!! Bravo
    The show Big Brother has been using showmance for several seasons now. Think it started with Dr. Will having a romance with a female contestant just for the show and alliances, then dumping her afterwards. Then came the phrase "bromance" when Dr. Will and Mike Boogie had an alliance during the Big Brother all-star season.

  6. #536
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;2803403;
    The show Big Brother has been using showmance for several seasons now. Think it started with Dr. Will having a romance with a female contestant just for the show and alliances, then dumping her afterwards. Then came the phrase "bromance" when Dr. Will and Mike Boogie had an alliance during the Big Brother all-star season.
    yes, while I wish I could take credit for coining the word, I borrowed it from Big Brother. But I think it's definitely appropriate for the Bachelor!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  7. #537
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    I think on this show what we have is mostly nomance.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

  8. #538
    FoRT-i-fied hotlanta babe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    now living in Hell-A
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2804787;
    I think on this show what we have is mostly nomance.
    MsFroggy -- you have the phrase that pays! NOMANCE

  9. #539
    Jr. Sleuther bowl3001999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Finally in Ohio!
    Posts
    549

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2804787;
    I think on this show what we have is mostly nomance.
    On the hunt for everlasting love
    _____________________________
    Wendy

  10. #540
    TEAM SHAYNE~Pres. SLCE DRAMA101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Right here!
    Posts
    109

    Re: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

    Hi everyone, so excited about this forum. I love The Bachelor and can't wait for it to start. Seems like this is the place to be for all the info..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.