Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is the season 12 Bachelor?

Re: Bachelor 12....ready to start?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2784427;
    You raise an interesting point talldede. We know that there is a great deal of producer manipulation and there has been for years. But we have also seen that the Bachelor (or Bachelorette) do get to make their own choices for rose recipients. I always thought that the producers only filled in their extra picks (like Princess Erica) after the Bachelor gave them his list of the ones he wanted . And it has always seemed to me that the guys keep many more around than they really need so it didnt matter. I have not been aware that women were not getting roses solely because the producers have insisted on it , over the Bachelor's objection.

I thought that Andy Baldwin weeded through the group with surgical precision. I thought that Travis tried his best, but he put all of his eggs in Susan's basket and sort of checked out of the process when he learned the truth about her. Then he used Sarah (apparently with her knowledge) to do what he had to do for Fleiss . They all seemed to have the final three that they wanted including perhaps more than they really wanted. (Meredith is a prime example of that. She clearly wasnt interested in Chad and didnt need to take him to Puerto Rico.)

But if the producers forced Matt to get rid of women that he wanted to keep, then that represents a real change in (my understanding) of the way this show works. I can understand their desire to have someone stick around until the final 6 for entertainment purposes (Princess Erica comes to mind). I can understand the need to go from 25 to 15 rather than from 25 to 5 even if the guy is ready for that. But rigging the F1 or F2 from the start is a much stronger level of manipulation. So is forcing certain women to go home when the Bachelor wants them to stay.

Totally agree.. I remember reading during Andy's season that Andy demended certai dates with certain girls ( Tessa) He said that he had a lot more power than past bachelors. And apparantly Andy convinced TPTB he was serious, and gave into a few of his requests. But!! The relationship still didn't work out. Sure, the show ended in a proposal, but in the long run it tanked. Brad totally screwed them too.. I think this is why we have a foreign bachelor. He doesn't know how the show really works, and they have control over him.. not to mention finding the type of woman he is attracted to.. apparantly big breasted blond american girls.. too much! LOL! I wholeheartedly agree with Cape and the others who think tptb were looking for an actress.. and if Matt has stars in his eyes for Hollywood.. well just keep them underwraps until a certain amount of time goes by.. I wonder if we will find any other actresses in the mix this season?
    Last edited by hayleysmommy; 02-06-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: clarification
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

But if the producers forced Matt to get rid of women that he wanted to keep, then that represents a real change in (my understanding) of the way this show works. I can understand their desire to have someone stick around until the final 6 for entertainment purposes as long as she is not supplanting a bachelor pick (Princess Erica ). I can understand the need to go from 25 to 15 rather than from 25 to 5 even if the guy is ready for that. But rigging the F1 or F2 from the start is a much stronger level of manipulation. So is forcing certain women to go home when the Bachelor wants them to stay. I have not seen this in the past.
    Exactly. It seems the rule book is being changed as we speak. With so few successes and more near disasters, Fleiss has to be drastic. He has to change the script; the show will be highly produced (read fake), it will end in true love (read fake), the couple will stay together a certain amount of time after the FRC (contract.)

Matt is British, he has not watched the show, he can be highly manipulated because he wants to be an actor. Cast a wannabe C list actress who wants more exposure ( ) and you have the makings of true love!

All this production will fool the casual viewing audience, but we already have a read on this season.

Expect an over the top love story, folks, this is going to be fun!

ETA: This idea is based on Cape's analysis of the season already. I need to give credit to her.
    Last edited by talldede; 02-06-2008 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2784434;
    Totally agree.. I remember reading during Andy's season that Andy demended certai dates with certain girls ( Tessa) He said that he had a lot more power than past bachelors. And apparantly Andy convinced TPTB he was serious, and gave into a few of his requests. But!! The relationship still didn't work out. Sure, the show ended in a proposal, but in the long run it tanked. Brad totally screwed them too.. I think this is why we have a foreign bachelor. He doesn't know how the show really works, and they have control over him.. not to mention finding the type of woman he is attracted to.. apparantly big breasted blond american girls.. too much! LOL! I wholeheartedly agree with Cape and the others who think tptb were looking for an actress.. and if Matt has stars in his eyes for Hollywood.. well just keep them underwraps until a certain amount of time goes by.. I wonder if we will find any other actresses in the mix this season?

Agreed--and going back to what others said with respect to shayne possibly being the z-list (i mean blist) celebrity fleiss was considering for the bachelorette--perhaps shayne will end up being f2 so she can be the next bachelorette after deanna--perhaps he wanted america to see her get her heart broken first so he could justify having her as the next bachelorette, when i say justify i mean no one knows shayne lamas so it may be harder to sell that bachelorette show---he already stated in prior interviews that it was hard enough finding men to agree to be on the bachelorette series--but if you show shayne, and her father lorenzo on this series, you see her get her heart broken--you have your 5th bachelorette--just a thought
    Last edited by kwtaylor; 02-06-2008 at 12:11 PM.

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

I would actually be surprised is Shayne is listed as an actress... that is not typical of TPTB.. usually the girls are listed as some concoction that TPTB decide will be a good name i.e. listing both Trista and Jenni as dancers, when Trista is a children's occupational therapist and Jenni is a dental assistant... But it's so much more exciting to list them as something else. Also, listed Deanna as a real estate agent, when most of the time she's a bartender... Susan was an aspiring actress, but was listed as marketing assistant (or something like that).

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kwtaylor;2784449;
    Agreed--and going back to what others said with respect to shayne possibly being the z-list (i mean blist) celebrity fleiss was considering for the bachelorette--perhaps shayne will end up being f2 so she can be the next bachelorette after deanna--perhaps he wanted america to see her get her heart broken first so he could justify having her as the next bachelorette--just a thought
    good morning! i just had a new thought...who originally posted that matt likes blonde, big chested women?
    could that possibly have been a planted comment so that when he 'magically' ends up with moviestar shayne, it just looks like a perfect fairytale?? or do we believe the person who said that really does know matt's type?

aqua it certainly helps to have photos of the Bachelor's ex girlfriends. It was one of the things that convinced me that Andy would choose Tessa. But some men dont have a clear cut "type." Or it can change. So you never know for sure.

You raise an interesting point talldede. We know that there is a great deal of producer manipulation and there has been for years. But we have also seen that the Bachelor (or Bachelorette) do get to make their own choices for rose recipients. I always thought that the producers only filled in their extra picks (like Princess Erica) after the Bachelor gave them his list of the ones he wanted . And it has always seemed to me that the guys keep many more around than they really need so it didnt matter. I have not heard that women were not getting roses solely because the producers have insisted on it , over the Bachelor's objection.

I thought that Andy Baldwin weeded through the group with surgical precision. I thought that Travis tried his best, but he put all of his eggs in Susan's basket and sort of checked out of the process when he learned the truth about her. Then he used Sarah (apparently with her knowledge) to do what he had to do for Fleiss . They all seemed to have the final three that they wanted including perhaps more than they really wanted. (Meredith is a prime example of that. She clearly wasnt interested in Chad and didnt need to take him to Puerto Rico.)

But if the producers forced Matt to get rid of women that he wanted to keep, then that represents a real change in (my understanding) of the way this show works. I can understand their desire to have someone stick around until the final 6 for entertainment purposes as long as she is not supplanting a bachelor pick (Princess Erica ). I can understand the need to go from 25 to 15 rather than from 25 to 5 even if the guy is ready for that. But rigging the F1 or F2 from the start is a much stronger level of manipulation. So is forcing certain women to go home when the Bachelor wants them to stay. I have not seen this in the past.

Is it possible, since viewers are becoming more aware of the way the show works, together with last seasons ending and the negative feed back that followed. That Fleiss and his crew are not planning to take any chances this season and will make sure we have a successful rose ceremony. Which would mean, they would be in total control of the show.

It could also be that since the sleuthers have discovered the information about the bachelorette. Fleiss may have to totally change his format for the f4. But as always, it will all come into the open sooner or later.
    Last edited by rileymeboy; 02-06-2008 at 12:35 PM.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by gladthatsover;2784476;
    Someone is pm ing some of our favorite sources and persuading them to deactivate their accounts....what do you suppose that is all about?
    this show has 18mill+ viewers. do you know how much money that means they're making?? and yet they treat the women like dirt! don't feel sorry for them or buy into they're manipulation! you're not under their contract. why are we letting them tell us that the internet is not a public domain where we can talk and look freely?! don't give in!!

They won't silence me!!

Back to Mr Grant - He dated an american girl in Cambridge - I can find out her name as its in the interview notes somewhere. How about a copy of his CV - that will get the programe producers worried.

He graduated from Anglia Ruskin Uni - Degree in European Politics and Economics.

Can I post word documents or scanned images on here??

Quote Originally Posted by gladthatsover;2784476;
    Someone is pm ing some of our favorite sources and persuading them to deactivate their accounts....what do you suppose that is all about?
    It means that they don't like it when the truth comes out. I hope that the sources won't cave.

Cape has pretty much summed up my feelings on Bachelor 12. I think that is how it's going down.