Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2388281;
    To be fair, Dr. Glass does have credentials and has published several books, as described on her web site: Dr. Lillian Glass- Communication / Personality Assessment - Body Language Analysis - Dating and Relationship Advice. For every expert, there's another expert who will challenge that expert's expert opinion
    But, we don't know her credentials as an experienced Bachelor watcher, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2388715;
    But, we don't know her credentials as an experienced Bachelor watcher, .
    The good doctor should come over ASAP and post in the "How long have you been a sleuther" thread, and prove that she can be trusted.

By the way, that article, was a hoot. I can take a few typos here and there, but she kept repeatedly calling Danielle, Daniel. As an experienced non-expert, I would say that this points to a subconscious problem on her part with both forms of the name, perhaps demonstrating a deep seated fear or lions. She may need years and years of therapy to find out what exactly is wrong so that she may correct both her spelling and the lion issue. For an immediate cure, I recommend fewer words, more substance.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2388810;
    The good doctor should come over ASAP and post in the "How long have you been a sleuther" thread, and prove that she can be trusted.

By the way, that article, was a hoot. I can take a few typos here and there, but she kept repeatedly calling Danielle, Daniel. As an experienced non-expert, I would say that this points to a subconscious problem on her part with both forms of the name, perhaps demonstrating a deep seated fear or lions. She may need years and years of therapy to find out what exactly is wrong so that she may correct both her spelling and the lion issue. For an immediate cure, I recommend fewer words, more substance.

Personally, my take on the Daniel/Danielle thing was that Dr. Glass is suffering from Danilynne withdrawl.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jelle;2388490;
    Tesse's date was not all bad. But there was no warm fuzzy as it was shown.
    Sure, it was put in there for a specific purpose, but why would they show the family of his future inlaws in such a poor light?
    I agree that this was the tone of the visit, but I'm not at all sure why it puts people in a poor light if they're generally polite but very skeptical of this extremely silly situation.

It *is* a game show. It's *not* a true engagement situation, and it really isn't your son-in-law or even your prospective son-in-law showing up. If it were, couple after couple after couple would not have broken up after the show was over. In fact, about the only ones that are together are the ones who were old enough to be completely desperate about getting married and having children. For the rest, once the show is over they notice what, actually, *most* of the parents dragged into teh show over the years have seemed to notice and at least obliquely mentioned -- that at this point these "couples" (of which one member is also part of two or three other couples at the exact same time -- Big Love, anyone?) are caught up in something that has way more game than reality about it.

Re: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Bottom line - I also agree that if Tessa were the f1, they'd have shown MORE of the 'connection' she and Andy shared than the doubt issue. I just dont think Fleiss would do this..this time.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;2388814;
    Personally, my take on the Daniel/Danielle thing was that Dr. Glass is suffering from Danilynne withdrawl.
    MissThing!!! Please don't soil a good Bachelor thread by bringinig in that topic......icky!

Quote Originally Posted by HotMomma;2388222;
    Honestly do you believe that IF Bevin wasn't the chosen one Fleiss would ahve made a bigg deal out of it. I sure it took Andy back a few steps. However I don't think he'll hold it against her. I sure they talked about it.

And I believe if it was Tessa the chosen one they would ahow more of her and ANdy connection instead of the Doubt issue.

Do I like Tessa Yes.. However due to editing and what they are showing us I bellieve its Bevin. and if he choses Tessa Will I be happy Yes. If he choses Danielle Will I be happy Yes.
    Actually in answer to your retorical question if Bevin is the chosen and not Tessa they would have made a bigger deal of the divorce and less of a big deal out of Tess' family. Nothing in Tess family visit was destructive (like Lanny HT date in Meredith season) and as usual when building "doubt" about the chosen one the date wasn't as bad as they were billing it in the preview (think Mary w/Byron's friends, in preview looked like they would crucify her in reality they liked her.) There is nothing wrong with family being skeptical and in past some bachelors/bachettes have respected that reaction more in the family than cart blache acceptance of them (Jen w/Jerry, Jesse w/Jessica, Byron/Mary, Meredith/Ian's brother etc) don't put too much stock in either of these incidents pointing against Tessa because they don't really any more than divorce pointing against Bevin. This is my thought anyway. I won't spend anymore time on this post as I have a really long one along similiar lines on another thread.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MizDaisy;2388281;
    To be fair, Dr. Glass does have credentials and has published several books, as described on her web site: Dr. Lillian Glass- Communication / Personality Assessment - Body Language Analysis - Dating and Relationship Advice. For every expert, there's another expert who will challenge that expert's expert opinion
    Good, I'm glad she does personality assessment too. Given her assessment of how horrible, mean, awful and dowright rude Tessa's family was to poor Andy, I'm still caught up on the fact that when he was leaving, instead of using the standard, polite say-it-even-if-you-don't-mean-it, "It was nice to meet you," he said, "I hope to see you again soon." Que? So, in all her expert wisdom, I'd like Dr. Glass to assess Andy's personality and tell us if he's a masochist.

I agree that this was the tone of the visit, but I'm not at all sure why it puts people in a poor light if they're generally polite but very skeptical of this extremely silly situation.
    Absolutely. I'd like to think I would do similar if my daughter ( in a number of years) ever showed up at my house with a camera crew and a dating-4 women- scoundrel.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2390011;
    Absolutely. I'd like to think I would do similar if my daughter ( in a number of years) ever showed up at my house with a camera crew and a dating-4 women- scoundrel.
    Absolutely! The only way I would support my daughter doing something like this if she was just in it for a fun time...like Tessa's Dad said. Go, have fun, make some friends. If by some stroke of luck or magic you happen to fall in love (and so does he) great. But, heck yah, if they showed up at our door? She wouldn't need her best friend to ask the tough questions. Mama Bear's edit would definitely look harsh.
    If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around.