Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Re: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by walooet;2385429;
    Tessa's heart wants Andy but she does not like saying that because she is not one to fall quickly. If she is upper class it would be difficult for her to publicly share her feelings and she may be more reserved with affection but I think Fleiss is just keeping that to himself. :nono
    So Tessa is reserved with her affection because she is "upper class" (), as opposed to, say, everybody else who is not "upper class" being crass exhibitionists? Say, someone like Bevin? I heard Tessa went to a good college and her family may have money. Big whoop. None of that makes her upper anything, just rich. Plenty of people who went to good schools and are rolling in dough are no better than trailer park trash. Paris Hilton, anyone? Erica, the socialite princess from Larry's season? There's even one in the White House right now.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fan

Re: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy;2386118;
    So Tessa is reserved with her affection because she is "upper class" (), as opposed to, say, everybody else who is not "upper class" being crass exhibitionists? Say, someone like Bevin? I heard Tessa went to a good college and her family may have money. Big whoop. None of that makes her upper anything, just rich. Plenty of people who went to good schools and are rolling in dough are no better than trailer park trash. Paris Hilton, anyone? Erica, the socialite princess from Larry's season? There's even one in the White House right now.
    LOL. You really have to open up, Ms Froggy. ITA

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Got the OK from Jewelsy to post this. Enjoy!

This article is by a body language expert. I have no idea if she is accurate, but found it interesting.
    IMO, I don't agree on everything, simply because she doesn't understand editing. BUT she does understand body language, and that is something that cannot be edited!![/

Dr. Lillian Glass: People In The News

THE BACHELOR- ANDY BALDWIN’S BODY LANGUAGE SAYS HE WILL PICK SOCIAL WORKER TESSA TO BECOME HIS BRIDE
    I am absolutely having a field day watching this season of the reality show The Bachelor 2007 starring Navy doctor Andy Baldwin . It has been so interesting for me to read everyone’s body language—the body language of his potential brides and the one woman I am 100 percent sure he will ask to be his wife.
    Because Andy literally “lights up when he is in the presence of Tessa, the attractive Eurasian social worker there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he will select her. When she is around, his eyes light up, he takes a huge breath and there is a smile from ear to ear. In addition, lately when he has been in her presence, he ahs shown us a side of himself that we have not seen whenever he was around the other girls- that of insecurity. We are not used to seeing the “not as confident Andy” which we have definitely seen when he is around Tessa...
    . There are many reasons why he is smitten with Tessa—chemistry being the main reason. But there is something else that he finds absolutely intoxicating about Tessa. That something is that Tessa is elusive. She is not one to gush out all of her emotions and express her adoration for Andy, like the other girls did. Andy knew where he stood with each of the other contestants. But he had no idea what was really going on in Tessa’s mind when it came to him. So there is some mystery about Tessa and Andy, being the inquisitive type, is intrigued to figure it out.
    Because she is not so aggressive and in his face or allover his body like Bevin, another contender, it is Andy who has to chase and, pursue Tessa. Doing so brings out his masculine side. .Andy is a competitor. He has competed to get into a good college, to get into medical school, to get into a surgical residency program and has definitely competed as a triathelete. Any competitor loves a challenge. Tessa is a huge challenge.
    It is a real challenge for Andy to get her to open up, to find the key that will allow him to unlock her feelings towards him, and express those feelings to him. It is a challenge to for him make her feel that she is special. Ever since Tessa told him that she should send her home if he is not serious about her, he has been bending over backwards trying to let Tessa know that she is indeed welcome in his life and that he has no intention of sending her home.
    Based on Andy’s particular personality type, he is a fair minded, precise, sensitive intelligent caretaking and competitive type of man, with a high level of integrity, a strong sense of family values Tessa has definitely played her cards right when it comes to clinching the deal with a man who wants to marry her.
    Many single women out there who are interested in a similar type of man can learn a lot from Tessa's actions and non actions. I also want to interject here that what I am about to say here ONLY applies to Andy’s personality type. It would not apply to a man who is less competitive and who may have a more passive type of personality or even someone who has a more creative and free spirited personality type.. There are other strategies that would be more appealing to these types of personalities.

. But as far as appealing to Andy’s personality type, Tessa has it nailed. If you want to attract a man like Andy, the one thing you need to know is that first and foremost he is a completive man and loves a good challenge. That means, you cannot be all over him. You cannot drag him around you cannot be so aggressive with him. You cannot try and compete with him athletically. You cannot try and compete with him intellectually. You cannot be full of problems and issues.
    There were a lot of women who had parts of what Andy needed but they did not have it all as Tessa apparently seems to have in terms of Andy’s needs.
    The first person with whom he was smitten was Stephanie T from South Carolina. He gave her the first rose and hen asked her out on an alone date.. It was pure physical attraction,. She was all over him and he loved it. She was slick. She knew how to flirt and turn him on. But that didn’t last. He was turned off to her in terms of her being marriage material. He thought that she might be great for a sexual fling but that was about it. He perhaps thought, “If she is acting this way with me, what has she done with others?” Her sincerity was brought into question by him and as a result he let her go.
    Tina the medical student from Hollywood, California, didn’t stand a chance with Andy. First of all she was socially awkward, which made Andy feel even more awkward. While he was flattered that she sang the Stars Bangled Banner to him it was completely inappropriate. It also showed desperation in terms of trying to make an impression on Andy. The fact that she wasn’t that great of a singer must have also been embarrassing for Andy who politely sat through the anthem as he tried to make her feel accepted for what she did. Tina had no clue in terms of how to speak to Andy and what to say. She spoke about her medical school and how important being a doctor was to her. Andy was not looking for a medical colleague; Instead, he was looking for a wife who would not necessarily be putting her career ahead of his. He was looking for a person whose primary goal would be to have kids with him and take care of them.
    Bevin from Palo Alto brought out the animal in Andy. Frankly speaking, her sexual aggressiveness turned him on and he responded in kind. However, sexual attraction only goes so far. What are equally important to Andy are children and family values. When the women were busy sprucing up a play area for a kindergarten, Andy wondered how Bevin would react when the children finally appeared to try out their new playground. He loved the fact that she engaged the children which gave her some more points in his mind. However, all of those points were null and voided after he visited her family and discovered that Bevin had been previously married. Even though he essentially said that he would be open minded, his body and facial language clearly showed that he was completely turned off. he couldn’t hide it. So even though he was turned on to Bevin physically and loved the fact that she was all over him and completely adored he fact that she was so grateful to him after he helped her medically after she sprained hr ankle, clearly Andy was no longer turned on to Bevin when he discovered that he would not be her first marriage.

While Andy and Danielle from Bethel Connecticut would indeed make a cute couple –a real life Barbie and Ken, and while they did indeed seem to have a lot in common, the fact that she was still grieving over her fiancé who apparently died next to her when he was sleeping is something that Andy really doesn’t want to take on. It’s too much for him. He doesn’t want to live with that. He wants someone with much less emotional baggage. After all how can he ever compete with a deceased ex? It will always keep coming up and will always be a part of Andy’s life if he did chose Danielle.
    Speaking of baggage—poor Amber! My heart went out to this precious soul. How awful that she didn’t have parents who would show up for her when she needed them the most. It made Andy as well as the audience think. “What’s wrong with her parents? Why are they hiding? Do they not speak English? Are they toothless? Are they on crack? Are they incarcerated? Then to top things off, perhaps the only respectable member of Amber’s immediate family, her aunt, refuses to show up. Even though there was a surprise reveal and the aunt shows up unexpectedly while they were having dinner, it is too little to late as far as Andy is concerned. How embarrassing!! Sweet and compassionate and tender care taking Andy wipes away Amber’s tears. However, he thinks to himself” I certainly do not need this drama in my life, no matter how much this woman loves kids and how much I enjoyed coming to her class to say hi to the kids.” For a man who puts a great deal of importance on family values, Amber didn’t stand a chance. But Andy, being the true gentleman he is, made her feel OK about what happened. He said it didn’t matter, but it certainly did. He let her go and she was devastated. Before being whisked away, never to be heard from or seen by Andy again (thank goodness), she bluntly asked him if the fact that her family didn’t show up was the reason why she was rejected. Andy lied and said “no, that it was because she was 23.” Amber wasn’t buying it! She knew Andy was just trying to spare her further humiliation. I do hope that this lovely young lady gets the therapy she needs and is going to need for a long time in order to come to grips with her very dysfunctional family issues.
    Now we come back to Tessa. All is not perfect there either. The Brazilians have a saying- “mellor, peyor” which means “less worse”. While Andy is smitten with Tessa, he really doesn’t know her .She hasn’t opened up. She is full of fear and reserve, so what he sees is a fearful withholding woman who is a challenge for him. There is nothing better for a man’s ego than to win a tentative woman’s heart and have her fall head over heels for him.
    After witnessing Andy in Tessa’s family environment, he may have very well wished that Daniel’s parents were Tessa’s parents. He really hit it off with Daniel’s family and felt very comfortable with Daniels’s dad as they hugged one another when Andy left. He also enjoyed Danielle’s mom and sister. He really must have felt at home as he dressed up in a belly dancing skirt and shook his bootie. As comfortable as he felt in Danielle’s home is as uncomfortable as he felt in Tessa’s home with her family and “best friend”
    First let me address the issue of the “best friend”. Why was she taking over and interrogating Andy. It was ugly. Andy probably wanted to walk out or tell this little nosey bodied yenta to mind her own business, but he grinned and bore it. His body and facial language showed that he was in clear agony at having to deal with this vicious “friend” who no doubt was so jealous of Tessa for being so lucky to potentially have this hunk as her husband. Did the producers bring in this “nasty fiend” because it would make good television? I think so! They really wanted to see what Andy was made of. They found out that through and through Andy never wavered. He was a true gentleman to the core.
    Tessa’s mother was really skeptical of Andy. Her body language and facial expression reeked of skepticism. the woman hardly ever smiled when she spoke to Andy and was anything but warm and welcoming. Her scowl made her look very unattractive.
    Tessa’s father was no bargain either. He barely spoke and seemed to be rather wishy washy. Finally he inadvertently spilled the beans as he told Andy that Tessa just entered the competition for fun- to try something different. This devastated Andy. This is where you see him become really insecure and crushed as he wonders if he is being “played: and if she is genuine or if she has any interest in him at all.
    He asks her point blank how she feels about him and she still will not part with her emotions or feelings when he asks her who she wants to spend her life with. She answers “who do you think? He finally gets a sheepish and soft voiced “you” out of her, which made him feel happy.
    In essence, she made him work for it. She made him pursue her and would not come clean all the way. One can’t blame her. What woman wants her emotions splattered all over TV if a guy is “playing: her. It works both ways. So she is cautious and cleaver.
    The upside is that Andy will end up choosing a woman he is attracted to, has chemistry with, and whom he has had to win over, thus quenching his thirst for competition.
    The downside may be that she never fully comes clean with her emotions and shares her true feelings.. Perhaps he will have to spend his life coaxing love out of her and keep trying to win her over. The downside is that he will have to have her parents as in-laws. Let’s hope that Tessa’s father becomes more communicative and that her mother becomes less skeptical and less angry. Let’s hope that her sister opens up as well. And most of all let’s hope and pray that Tessa’s “best friend” stays out of Andy and Tessa’s business and their life together.
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 05-14-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I couldn't have said it better myself. I think that is what about 75% of us see on this board.

I hope and I believe Tessa will give him all her heart when she knows she is his one and only.

I hope that Tessa's parents can be more open and loving in the future and all that skepticism goes away once Tessa is his one and only.

Thanks for posting this article nutty1.
    Last edited by talldede; 05-13-2007 at 10:22 AM.

nuttyyyyyyyy Wow. Thank you . What a great analysis and compilation of many of the things I have read on this board over the past few weeks.
    I dont think I'd have come down as hard on Tessa's parents'. First of all, they were entitled to be skeptical. It was a smarter, more protective reaction to the strange situation their daughter was in than that of the other parents. It's how I hope I would be if ever in a similar situation with my kids.

Secondly, I thought Tessa's dad was similarly skeptical as mom but trying to be congenial. I think he was quite nice to ANdy. When he explained that Tessa doesnt open up too quickly he added a line about "I gather you've discovered that for yourself". I thought it was actually kind of him and very appropriate to the situation. He knew Andy wanted to talk about Tessa and the way she dates/falls in love. Dad said something that should have been reassuring so Andy then knew that that she's always a bit reticent. He could therefore understand why it would be magnified in these weird dating circumstances.

Her parents didnt talk much for sure, but I guess they know all about forestpal's first rule of reality tv. Keep your yap closed .

I want to read more of this experts' blogging.

FORT Fan

Thanks, nutty1. As you said, edits aside, there is still some telling info here. Nothing we haven't all been saying for the last few episodes.

FORT Fogey
    Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

WOW...thanks Nutty for posting this fascinating read. I agreed with her observations on many points. Especially that it is so obvious he chooses Tessa. His face does light up, huge smile, and big breath when he sees her. And also when she spoke of his reaction of insecurity when Tessa's Father told Andy of Tess wanting to have "fun". I felt Andy was paniced then. Enjoyed reading this. Thanks
    Karey....no man has ever been shot while doing dishes
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 05-14-2007 at 01:00 AM.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

nutty1 - The silence is deafening on the article you posted. I'd love to hear more thought, analysis, comments. Anyone?

Thanks, Nutty, great article. I wonder why it has some many typos and errors, if it's a print article. (I know that has nothing to do with you; just curious.) I think it's pretty on target, overall. I was disappointed that Tessa's family was not warmer and that her friend was harsh. But I guess the other side of that coin is that they are being protective of Tessa.

FORT Fogey

I wonder why it has some many typos and errors, if it's a print article.
    It's not a print article, it's a blog entry. The quality of blog entries are seldom "print quality" since most bloggers don't have proofreaders to catch all their errors before an entry is posted!