Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Re: Body Language

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2380735;
    I don't doubt Andy has feelings for Tessa, but how strong are they? I am not sure how strong Tessa's feeling are for Andy.

oh ... sorry ... I was just commenting on what I see in Andy's body language in reacting to the women.

I do see more ease with Bevin ... but she's easy ... and I don't necessarily mean that in a sexual way ... and that makes him more self-assured. She's just put it all out there for the taking.

I see less comfort and more nervous excitement with Tessa ... but Tessa is not wrapping her legs around him ! Anyway, he's not so sure of her. Tessa is the mystery and has the anticipation factor which is very appealing, in her favor.

With Danielle, he just looks relaxed but not so intimate and he has said that she could end up just being a good friend. However, that kind of comfort -- not so much intimacy -- could be a real deciding factor. Danielle accepts him too, it's obvious, but she doesn't fling herself at him like a starving beast.

I haven't really formed an impression about the women's body language per se. I'll have to take a longer look, but Danielle is the one who seems the least quirky ... but then that could just be the editing.
    Last edited by echo226; 05-10-2007 at 03:07 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Re: Body Language

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2380788;
    oh ... sorry ... I was just commenting on what I see in Andy's body language in reacting to the women.

I do see more ease with Bevin ... but she's easy ... and I don't necessarily mean that in a sexual way ... and that makes him more self-assured. She's just put it all out there for the taking.

I see less comfort and more nervous excitement with Tessa ... but Tessa is not wrapping her legs around him ! Anyway, he's not so sure of her. Tessa is the mystery and has the anticipation factor which is very appealing, in her favor.

With Danielle, he just looks relaxed but not so intimate and he has said that she could end up just being a good friend. However, that kind of comfort -- not so much intimacy -- could be a real deciding factor. Danielle accepts him too, it's obvious, but she doesn't fling herself at him like a starving beast.

I haven't really formed an impression about the women's body language per se. I'll have to take a longer look, but Danielle is the one who seems the least quirky ... but then that could just be the editing.
    Reminds me a lot of the ease that Meredith felt with Matthew. She was stressed a lot with whether or not Ian would love her back so she would ease into comfort w/Matthew. If you note, Ian ended up with the final rose. What is more telling with Andy/Bevin is that they don't talk much about anyting (other than divorce revelation) and during the last date, Andy seemed distracted and inattentive to Bevin. He wasn't distracted while with Tess instead looking deep into her eyes and giving her full attention.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Re: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

I don't doubt Andy has feelings for Tessa, but how strong are they? I am not sure how strong Tessa's feeling are for Andy. Thier talk at the ht visit he basically had to put the words in her mouth, force it out of her.
    You don't fly in your best friend from Denver to meet a guy if you aren't very invested in him.

Andy was surprised and pleased when she told him this news.

FORT Fogey

I am probably wrong on both counts but. I wonder sometimes if Tessa really likes playing hard to get. Or the idea of someone chasing her. Let him beg.
    This could be true. On the other hand, if you took the time frame they're looking at here outside the show and put it into real life, you've got the women in the situation of knowing a guy for a grand total of about three and a half weeks by now, and having spent maybe 20-some hours alone with him (tops), while he's spent an equivalent amount of romantic alone time with several other women. Plus, they know that in about another two weeks he may be proposing *marriage* to them and they'll have to come with an answer that will determine whether they get to continue knowing the guy or leave him probably forever or that he'll be dumping them as if he never cared at all.

If that were the calendar of a real-life encounter, I'll bet the majority of people would be acting more like Tessa -- swinging back adn forth between enthusiasm and huge doubts -- or possibly like Danielle -- gently easing into a comfortable friendship with the person -- rather than like gung-ho Bevin. Mostly, even if you're going to fall in love, it doesn't happen doubt-free quite so quickly (although it does sometimes -- see Bevin).

[B]The other is basically the show itself. I question if some of the show is actually real. Are some of the girls just playing a role. Is some of this scripted, the editing, how much of it is spiced from different times, conversations, etc. Do they ask the bachlor to keep a girl around for the drama or a story idea.

I wonder these things too. I makes me think about last season when Plo called out Erica's name to make her the ninth staying. He looked so disgusted in calling her name. It just seems pretty obvious the bachelors are told to keep certain ones around. Atleast in this case.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2381018;
    You don't fly in your best friend from Denver to meet a guy if you aren't very invested in him.

Hey, if your "best friend" is going to be replaced by a NEW BEST friend... and money is no problem... then I could see the OLD best friend wanting to be there.
    You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Just watched the couch conversation again, thanks Valen for putting it on youtube.

Tessa does not look Andy in the eye when she is delivering her 'not sure how genuine this whole process is' talk. She does not look him in the eye when she talks about 'thinking too much and not going with her feelings'. She looks at him intently when he is talking. I attribute this to she is not giving him the answers he wants to hear, so she does not look at him because she does not want to perceive hurt and frustration in his eyes.

She looks him in the eye when she talks about the good times they've had thus far, and how she wants to see their relationship grow deeper.

She is school girl sweet/shy when Andy gets her to divulge "I want to fall in love with you." She did not look away from him that entire sequence.

I just see this exchange as very real, very mature and very promising.

I didn't want to I had to redfitgirl's Avatar

I see lots of chemistry with Bevin and lots of pursuing with Tessa. I don't know who will be F1, but we need to remember that the one he picks says yes. Do we think Tessa would say yes after all of the resistance she has shown? I think it's a given the Bevin would say yes. Just a thought....

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2381018;

Maybe the friend wanted a little screen time. Just kidding. But doesn't she have family there also.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redfitgirl;2381422;
    I see lots of chemistry with Bevin and lots of pursuing with Tessa. I don't know who will be F1, but we need to remember that the one he picks says yes. Do we think Tessa would say yes after all of the resistance she has shown? I think it's a given the Bevin would say yes. Just a thought....
    LOL, Bevin would've said "yes" by the second night! And we all know it! But this is not consistent with Andy saying we would "see a love story unfold."