Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

FORT Newbie

Re: Body Language Analysis Thoughts

Hey there fellow OAAG lunatics:

A newbie, never posted on ANYTHING. Great and thoughtful posts, folks.

As a person who did not even own a tv until recently, I am fascinated by this show. It is unbelievably cruel, as are other shows like The Apprentice and Survivor. Unfortunately, that is what makes it so interesting. Andy finally SAID it (I paraphrase here) "I am a healer and it is very hard for me to know that I am hurting these women." It has been a point of irony for me that someone with his values would deliberately choose to victimize all of those women. Yeah, yeah, I am sure that they all (think they) know what they are getting into, but how could one really? Tessa's "it is just for fun" (even though it came from her Pop) has ended up in her feeling very vulnerable and afraid to get her heart broken. And Amber! Ugh! The poor thing. Unfortunately some of the most fragile in the area of self-esteem would put themselves in a show in which they are almost GUARANTEED to be rejected. It is a frightening commentary on women...well, at least THOSE parTICular women, no? My theory: Andy is a GEEK. An adorable, dorky, geek to be sure, but the "packaging" of him by the network makes him seem like the coolest guy in the world. WHY is it so hard for HIM to find a mate??????? I find this weird. I think he is way TOO idealistic and his reaction to Bevin's erstwhile marraige made him seem really naive, and totally out of touch. I hope his lack of realism does not bite him in his dress whites when this is over. It is also odd that someone like him -- who methodically plans out his entire life and is so disciplined would sign up for this.

I think he is sweet and he seems sincere, but what if he is a BIT sociopathic?? (Just a bit...aren't we all?)

I am Hawaii 5-0/5-0 on Bevin and Tessa, I like them both and think that they both have depth. I go for Bevin because she is the underdog, and who cannot be bowled over by stunning Tessa?

Is anyone else alarmed by Andy's apparent lack of faults and this trend of outright institutionalized cruelty in our Media. Or perhaps alarmed because you LIKE it??? ;-)>

FORT Fan

the reason i like andy is because he is a self-proclaimed dork and nerd..he's not smooth and he's not slick and admits that those cheesy lines of romantic phrases are his and not scripted...he's very self-aware--he knows he's a goofball...but he's also caring, compassionate, a good-listener, and insightful. just when i think he's going to choose someone really stupid(IMHO), ever since steph nc, he has made really good choices..i think andy's a normal guy with faults and pimples, very human, very smart and a high achiever. thank God, he's not the advertised by abc version of the bachelor--he's just a guy with great character and values. I really wish him the best. he was really shocked at how he was treated at tessa's ht date, but i have a feeling it wasn't as bad as shown. there should have been alot more pi's with tessa's mom, dad, and sister--i bet we might see them after the final rose--they were probably too positive for the storyline. the hugs and smiles at the end of the evening seemed very friendly. sorry for the rambling...

Quote Originally Posted by Suzannadana;2396720;

As a person who did not even own a tv until recently, I am fascinated by this show. It is unbelievably cruel, as are other shows like The Apprentice and Survivor. Unfortunately, that is what makes it so interesting.
    It's great how a new viewer can see right through Mike Fleiss's real game, when so many veteran Bachelor-watchers still believe the show is about "true love" or some other such Hallmark card sentiment.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2401600;
    It's great how a new viewer can see right through Mike Fleiss's real game, when so many veteran Bachelor-watchers still believe the show is about "true love" or some other such Hallmark card sentiment.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    Fleiss, you're a liar
    We see right through you