Page 9 of 346 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Have any of the girls made a 'connection' with Andy? Any chemistry? Sparks?

Girlsmom, I'm going to think about Bevin's problem here, also.

We, the viewing public, have been set up for either her boot kick or her redemption. They didn't have to show the scene of her and Andy being "hot" for each other the first week, nor her personal interviews about him being hot and Lt. McDreamy. They didn't have to show the portion of the Andy/Alexis 1:1 where he declared that divorce was not an option. And they almost didn't show the Bevin/Andy 1:1 in week two where she told him she had been on her own since she was fifteen. To my eyes and ears that personal interview was from B-roll and spliced in after the episode had been edited.

I haven't been to the spoiler thread myself this morning before setting down my thoughts, so I don't know if anyone has found evidence of either a divorce or a death. If it is a divorce, and she tells him this week, then he works his mind around it and takes her to at least F3 (as we've sleuthed.) If she doesn't tell him about the divorce until the fantasy date, he'll probably feel betrayed and she gets the boot. Even if she is a widow, she has to tell him this week so he can decide to continue with her.

I now wonder about her life time-line. She is 28 years old and a graduate of UW, working at Stanford and taking a Masters degree at SJSU. If she married in Texas when she was 20, how has she managed to complete all her education goals? Not important to the show or to me, but I wonder how she fit it all in.

I truly hope she has that talk ASAP and we viewers are privy to it. It is good drama, and hopefully, Fleiss and his minions won't tease us with it for too long.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm really wondering if it's the right Bevin Powers. I can tell you that I found the marriage as well, and there was a divorce in 2002, if it's the right Bevin.
    Last edited by psucashcow; 04-16-2007 at 09:30 AM. Reason: More info
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2332569;
    Girlsmom, I'm going to think about Bevin's problem here, also.

We, the viewing public, have been set up for either her boot kick or her redemption. They didn't have to show the scene of her and Andy being "hot" for each other the first week, nor her personal interviews about him being hot and Lt. McDreamy. They didn't have to show the portion of the Andy/Alexis 1:1 where he declared that divorce was not an option. And they almost didn't show the Bevin/Andy 1:1 in week two where she told him she had been on her own since she was fifteen. To my eyes and ears that personal interview was from B-roll and spliced in after the episode had been edited.

I haven't been to the spoiler thread myself this morning before setting down my thoughts, so I don't know if anyone has found evidence of either a divorce or a death. If it is a divorce, and she tells him this week, then he works his mind around it and takes her to at least F3 (as we've sleuthed.) If she doesn't tell him about the divorce until the fantasy date, he'll probably feel betrayed and she gets the boot. Even if she is a widow, she has to tell him this week so he can decide to continue with her.

I now wonder about her life time-line. She is 28 years old and a graduate of UW, working at Stanford and taking a Masters degree at SJSU. If she married in Texas when she was 20, how has she managed to complete all her education goals? Not important to the show or to me, but I wonder how she fit it all in.

I truly hope she has that talk ASAP and we viewers are privy to it. It is good drama, and hopefully, Fleiss and his minions won't tease us with it for too long.
    Good points. We all have our views about the edit and what it means at this point. My daughter is 27 and almost finished with her second masters, so the timeline isn't an issue with me. We don't know how far along in she Bevin is in her masters program either. It appears that her ex is alive and kicking. I agree wholeheartedly that the sooner we find out about the ex the better situation Bevin is to be the F1--if she waits she's toast for sure, imo. If she doesn't, I'd be looking to see how the disclosure is edited. I withold more commentary until we see the disclosure.
    Question: Could it happen in that screencap at the rc showing Bevin w/ a rose crying??? Do we know which rc this was from?

That looks to be after the Tahoe date - next week. This week, unless she changes, she is wearing the modest scoop neck little black dress. In the crying scenes, she is wearing a black strapless with a coral necklace. That is also the week Stephanie T is seen wearing the brown hussy dress. I'm thinking after Tahoe, but it could be this week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2332608;
    That looks to be after the Tahoe date - next week. This week, unless she changes, she is wearing the modest scoop neck little black dress. In the crying scenes, she is wearing a black strapless with a coral necklace. That is also the week Stephanie T is seen wearing the brown hussy dress. I'm thinking after Tahoe, but it could be this week.
    Thanks Arielflies: It looks like all the good stuff in happening a week away!
    Today will just be Dr. Andy saving the day, blah, blah, blah (sorry, enough with the "healer", lol) and scrubbing floors w/ toothbrushes and of course Stephanie T drama-yuck). I found Erika so much more entertaining than Stephanie T somehow. Will we see any good stuff tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by psucashcow;2332576;
    I'm really wondering if it's the right Bevin Powers. I can tell you that I found the marriage as well, and there was a divorce in 2002, if it's the right Bevin.

I think someone found the divorce records that say the bride was born in 79. That would fit her age so it likely is her.

Just how many "Bevins" can there be floating around? It's not exactly a common name.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2333587;
    Just how many "Bevins" can there be floating around? It's not exactly a common name.
    Hey ScoutMom, it could be a different Bevin than the one on the show, there aren't many Ida's around either but I still managed to find one with my exact first, middle and maiden name who was approximately the same age when I was doing some geneolgy research. There are alot of people in this country. So it could happen!

confused

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2333587;

I agree. I actually never heard the name until this show aired. I know quite a few Devins but no Bevins.

The breadcrumbs are totally pointing to Bevin being F1, just like with Charlie and Matthew. The "connections" are played up and the storyline is set for an "Officer and a Gentleman" ending, complete with Bevin being carried away from her troubled life by her white knight in uniform. She was even smart enough to have an excuse to be carried and of course the mention of "where's your uniform?". This combined with EVERY interaction with Bevin being documented, the care over the injured lady love and the gift of the watch were all far too obvious. This has F2 written all over us. The true love story is more hidden and more subtle. Bevin is in it to win it and is writing the script. The real one that's chosen is just weighing the reality and falling in love through a process.