Page 8 of 346 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Have any of the girls made a 'connection' with Andy? Any chemistry? Sparks?

In the absence of any more hard proof we're being forced to fill in the blanks. . My question: Andy has repeatedly said that he needs the woman to CHALLENGE him and that he'd cut off other relationships because she no longer CHALLENGED him. What does he mean by that?? Is Danielle too sweet or would she be able to challenge him? I don't get the "challenge" thing. What are your ideas? What traits has Andy repeatedly said that he wanted: VERY smart, very athletic, family is most important, and MUST challenge him, hmmm. Oh, and of course very attractive.

Fort Fan

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2331640;
    My question: Andy has repeatedly said that he needs the woman to CHALLENGE him and that he'd cut off other relationships because she no longer CHALLENGED him. What does he mean by that?? Is Danielle too sweet or would she be able to challenge him?
    I think Danielle is exactly what you said "too sweet" to have a long term relationship with Andy.

IMO men that want to be challenged want a women who isn't afraid to "say it like she sees it" even if it means pointing out a weakness or a flaw or disagreeing with someones point of view.

It reminds me of the classic tale Pride and Predudice. You have the two sisters Jane and Elizabeth. Jane was beautiful, sweet, and agreeable. Elizabeth was an independent thinker who challenged people when their views did not confirm to her own. Mr Darcy loved that Elizabeth stood up for herself and challenged people. Remember when Mr Darcy told Elizabeth he thought he had poor social skills. Elizabeth challenged him to work on them, instead of accepting that was just part of who he was.

Bevin seems to fit Elizabeths personality and Danielle seems to fit Janes.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2331640;
    In the absence of any more hard proof we're being forced to fill in the blanks. . My question: Andy has repeatedly said that he needs the woman to CHALLENGE him and that he'd cut off other relationships because she no longer CHALLENGED him. What does he mean by that?? Is Danielle too sweet or would she be able to challenge him? I don't get the "challenge" thing. What are your ideas? What traits has Andy repeatedly said that he wanted: VERY smart, very athletic, family is most important, and MUST challenge him, hmmm. Oh, and of course very attractive.

Hasn't he also said that he wants a woman who makes him laugh? I'm thinking Tessa seems to do that pretty well!

Oh, Jennie YES Elizabeth Benet says it all. LOVE Pride and Prejudice. Great comparison, imo.
    Diane R: I sure agree with you. Dorky or not I think Tessa and Andy share a sense of humor. jmo

The screencap pictures sure look like they're having a great time together. Can't wait until Monday.

Yes I cna't wait for Monday also I hope we get to see some more fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie;2331937;
    I think Danielle is exactly what you said "too sweet" to have a long term relationship with Andy.

IMO men that want to be challenged want a women who isn't afraid to "say it like she sees it" even if it means pointing out a weakness or a flaw or disagreeing with someones point of view.

It reminds me of the classic tale Pride and Predudice. You have the two sisters Jane and Elizabeth. Jane was beautiful, sweet, and agreeable. Elizabeth was an independent thinker who challenged people when their views did not confirm to her own. Mr Darcy loved that Elizabeth stood up for herself and challenged people. Remember when Mr Darcy told Elizabeth he thought he had poor social skills. Elizabeth challenged him to work on them, instead of accepting that was just part of who he was.

If Danielle is Jane () and Elizabeth is Bevin (yeah, right), then who would RobotAndy be? Surely not Mr.Darcy. That would be an insult to Mr.Darcy, and we can't have that. I'm thinking more Mr.Bingley mixed with a bit of Mr.Whickam, minus all the seducer-of-minors part.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie;2331937;

Yes Danielle "seems" to be too sweet, but we won't know if she isn't going to challenge him, only he will know that.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Fort Fan

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;2332184;
    Yes Danielle "seems" to be too sweet, but we won't know if she isn't going to challenge him, only he will know that.
    We will know for sure who challenges Andy the most when he proposes and hands out that final rose.

I believe BEVIN will have the honor of challenging Andy because she will be getting the final rose.

I'm confused as to what thread this belongs in but in catching up I see we now know that Bevin was previously married. This has been hidden from us and it is in direct opposition to his "divorce is not an option" creed. Who knows how he'd ultimately react, but this would be a heads up for Andy. IMO, Alexis having been engaged meant nothing to him, she wasn't married, imo they were simply mtutually incompatible very nice people. By the time that Andy found out about Bevin's previous marriage he had already fallen for Tessa, so it didn't matter, jmo. There are many signs that Bevin is more of a non-conformist than Andy is. Andy has rock solid rules that he lives by. I'm not saying for an instant that this makes Bevin a bad person, tv Bevin just appears to be less comfortable with rules.