Page 346 of 346 FirstFirst ... 246296336337338339340341342343344345346
Results 3,451 to 3,453 of 3453

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Ah love! If it were only that easy. So much love is unrequited...isn't that what country music is all about. Art in general is largely inspired by lost love, unattainable love, euphoric mutual love. Most of it fleeting. What most influences our ability to give love and accept love is how we were or weren't loved by our parents.

Andy is a product of generations of loving couples. For him unconditional love is natural ,but Tessa is the product of divorce and even if it was amicable she senses that love can cease in a relationship. I felt that she is one of the "if I don't feel the joy then I won't feel the pain" type.

Whereas, Bevin, also a product of divorce comes across as one of the"if I show him enough affection how could he not love me" type. As if she could will him to love her.

The most important thing is chemistry. Without that you are never able to get on the same wavelength. You can't teach that. If you make yourself over to fit the ideal of someone you like it turns into a charade. Which no one can keep up forever. Maybe that's why Hollywood has so many failed relationships. No one knows who they really are.

These are just the musings of an old woman, what do I know!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;2436733;
    Ah love! If it were only that easy. So much love is unrequited...isn't that what country music is all about. Art in general is largely inspired by lost love, unattainable love, euphoric mutual love. Most of it fleeting. What most influences our ability to give love and accept love is how we were or weren't loved by our parents.

Andy is a product of generations of loving couples. For him unconditional love is natural ,but Tessa is the product of divorce and even if it was amicable she senses that love can cease in a relationship. I felt that she is one of the "if I don't feel the joy then I won't feel the pain" type.

Whereas, Bevin, also a product of divorce comes across as one of the"if I show him enough affection how could he not love me" type. As if she could will him to love her.

The most important thing is chemistry. Without that you are never able to get on the same wavelength. You can't teach that. If you make yourself over to fit the ideal of someone you like it turns into a charade. Which no one can keep up forever. Maybe that's why Hollywood has so many failed relationships. No one knows who they really are.

These are just the musings of an old woman, what do I know!
    A lot.

I understand about what you said about Bevin. I felt that with her.

For Tessa, I had a different feeling while watching the show. It did not have to do as much with showing love or receiving love. It had to with being proper in the old sense of the word. I noticed this often especially with the pillows or a blanket between them. What is proper, forget the fact that this is a crazy situation. The not declaring your love, taking it slow, feeling what you do and not flaunting it, but keeping it private, goes back many generations and many races etc of what proper is.

Tessa was able to have fun and joke with Andy, but when it came to the personal stuff, the blanket or pillows came up.

To some, ven the rough housing and playing in the snow may have been to much contact, and may have been thought of as it may turn a man on.

Actually for many young couples who are not intimate, rough housing may be a way to releive the sexual tension.

A proper lady knows not to cross the line of sexually turning a man on. I wonder if the old flirt thing came from that.
    Last edited by MomLady; 06-11-2007 at 12:38 PM.

ITA Tessa gets A+ for decorum!