Page 345 of 346 FirstFirst ... 245295335336337338339340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 3453

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Now see.. I see success of this show as where their relationship is on down the road after this show's been over. It's how happy they are later that means the most to me. Any couple just coming from this show can seem happy..it's what happens later with these couples that makes the show a success, or not. If they are together 6 months to a year from now, then they were really in love, yes. JMO.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by singintune114;2435974;
    Actually, MomLady, reading people properly is something that is usually learned as we grow and develop, and can only partially be taught. There are people who have extreme difficulty interpreting facial expressions, tone of voice, and body language. My son had an illness that, before he was diagnosed properly, mimicked an autism spectrum disorder. You know those "Mom" faces we make at our kids, a scowl or grimace to telegraph displeasure? My son had no idea what I was trying to communicate to him. He'd always say "What?" The ability to "read" other people is as varied as any other ability we acquire as we grow. Some people just can't do it. (I'm not saying that people who couldn't see the Andy/Tessa romance have a problem. Just answering your question! )
    Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it.

I know, once I read to let children fear strangers even if we know them. It helps protect them from possible abuse etc. When I was reading this it made so much sense. By us telling them to trust someone before they are ready, we are taking away there natural ability to follow their guts/feelings.

In the situation or for children/adults like singintune mentioned this may not be possible, not just the trus.

I was just wondering of how people learn to read others, or to talk to people at the individual person level.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2436171;
    She didnt pick up on it at all. She saw what she expected to see and what she wanted to see. Moana did the same thing. Yet Bevin did pick up on some of that in the earlier RC - the one where she asks him how he is doing and comments on how stressed he is. She was in tune with reading his signals at that point and knew that something was wrong, but later on, she threw her good instincts out the window. And she suffered great consequences for this as did Moana.
    I think that you both bring up excellent points! And if you look back at all of the bachelor/bachelorette seasons, the bach/bachette usually pulls away from the f2 and they miss it. It is one of things I look for in the finale to back up my original gut feeling (based on spoilers, screencap sleuthing, reading body language, sifting through Fleiss editing tricks etc.) Aaron cooled off with Brooke before choosing Helene, Trista definitely cooled off from Charlie before frc, Andrew picked a fight with Kirsten definitely cooling towards her. I could keep going. Bevin was just another casualty of this.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2436518;
    I think that you both bring up excellent points! And if you look back at all of the bachelor/bachelorette seasons, the bach/bachette usually pulls away from the f2 and they miss it. It is one of things I look for in the finale to back up my original gut feeling (based on spoilers, screencap sleuthing, reading body language, sifting through Fleiss editing tricks etc.) Aaron cooled off with Brooke before choosing Helene, Trista definitely cooled off from Charlie before frc, Andrew picked a fight with Kirsten definitely cooling towards her. I could keep going. Bevin was just another casualty of this.
    I would agree but, how is Bevin missing the pulling away when he said I love you and made out with her? I call that a player (on the man's part). That is why I don't think Andy and Tessa are real. The dude is a player.

I saw his drunken sparkle eyes to many women on the show

That was a clincher for me too, but if you notice he is wiping tears away when they are on the beach and he is talking about what his sister said about Tessa being so sincere and true and Tessa replies she hopes he sees that and she wouldn't be hearing saying things if they weren't true. He wipes tears, they play it off that is wiping away water but I would love too see that scene in whole and I think we would see a lot of tears. You can just see it in his eyes and then on the bed he was choking back the tears and he stumbled over the "I don't want to go back to the life I was living before" part of her note. You could tell he could not believe he was seeing those words. He was head over heels for her and she was finally giving it back to him in full strength!
    Last edited by Jewelsy; 06-11-2007 at 07:44 PM.

And boy did his eyes sparkle when he was with her. I think it's time to rewatch the Cinderella date.

Quote Originally Posted by momsunshine;2435983;
    I really wish you wouldn't talk about me as if I couldn't read it, kind of like mom and grandma at the xmas supper table.
    momsunshine. If'n I spell things out will that reallllllly give you flashbacks?

(Psssssst, everyone! Don't tell momsunshine that they're in L-O-V-E. )
    Last edited by Broadway; 06-11-2007 at 12:07 PM.

I know I have asked recently about how to see the love or teaching our children to read clues etc.

Today, I got a light bulb moment and went to pull this book off my bookshelf.

The Five Love Languages of Children by Gary Chapman PH. D. and Ross Campbell, M.D.

(I never read the The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman PH.D which I think is geared for adults. I think there are more out there now.)

The book goes on the notion that adults and children have different love languages. We will feel loved if we are shown love in our love language.

It explains why even though a parent may show love the same way not all the kids will feel loved etc.

The five love languages are:

Quality Time
    Words of Affirmation
    Gifts
    Acts of Service
    Physical Touch

This is what made me think of this book with the Bachelor in mind:

I wonder if as adults, not only do we feel love if love is shown to us in our language, but what if we also see the love displayed of others if they are using a language we understand or use to communicate their love.

It may explain, why many of us read the people differently on the Bachelor or maybe why not all the women do not feel the pulling back of the Bachelor.

I think I will need to view the Bachelor in future seasons with this in mind.

Just a thought.

Any opinons.
    Last edited by MomLady; 06-11-2007 at 12:22 PM.

It's a very interesting theory. But I think that one of the processes that has to occur to be successful in love as an adult is to broaden one's definitions of love or to learn more languages.