Page 341 of 346 FirstFirst ... 241291331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 3453

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

  1. #3401
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by singintune114;2431966;
    Very well said, beachgirl4! Now that TB has had a successful season, with a love connection despite the process involved, I hope that Fleiss will see that perhaps some changes can be made for future season(s). The show must evaluate this season and consider making some alterations to the formula if it is to continue past the next installment. While I understand the need to keep viewers guessing until the end, this season also proved that a genuine love story pulls in viewers too. I would have liked to see more of Andy and Tessa's story than to watch Bevin completely invest herself in an ending that wasn't going to happen. But maybe that's just me.
    Well said, and I agree.

    Bevo - you made your point just fine, but thanks for the thanks!

  2. #3402
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by singintune114;2431966;
    Now that TB has had a successful season, with a love connection despite the process involved, I hope that Fleiss will see that perhaps some changes can be made for future season(s). The show must evaluate this season and consider making some alterations to the formula if it is to continue past the next installment. While I understand the need to keep viewers guessing until the end, this season also proved that a genuine love story pulls in viewers too. I would have liked to see more of Andy and Tessa's story than to watch Bevin completely invest herself in an ending that wasn't going to happen. But maybe that's just me.
    Not gonna happen. Out of 10 bachelors and 3 bachelorettes, there have been, I think, 4 bachelors and 2 ettes who have fallen in love on the show and can therefore be considered 'successes'. Fleiss hasn't substantially changed the premise of the show after any of them and the show has been a big success by Hollywood standards getting renewed many times over. He's not going to change his format just because in this case Bevin got hurt. There is always a winner, and always a jilted person. That's just how it goes.

  3. #3403
    vB Tetris Champion beachgirl4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2432111;
    Not gonna happen. Out of 10 bachelors and 3 bachelorettes, there have been, I think, 4 bachelors and 2 ettes who have fallen in love on the show and can therefore be considered 'successes'. Fleiss hasn't substantially changed the premise of the show after any of them and the show has been a big success by Hollywood standards getting renewed many times over. He's not going to change his format just because in this case Bevin got hurt. There is always a winner, and always a jilted person. That's just how it goes.
    I agree, it's not likely to change. It isn't just about Bevin getting hurt, though - I would've liked to have seen more of Andy and Tessa's relationship as it developed, like some of the things we heard about that got cut (dogtags, Andy's song at the proposal). Still, if it were someone other than Tessa, I might not want a steady diet of that person (for example, Helene from season 2 - I found her grating).

  4. #3404
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2432111;
    Not gonna happen. Out of 10 bachelors and 3 bachelorettes, there have been, I think, 4 bachelors and 2 ettes who have fallen in love on the show and can therefore be considered 'successes'. Fleiss hasn't substantially changed the premise of the show after any of them and the show has been a big success by Hollywood standards getting renewed many times over. He's not going to change his format just because in this case Bevin got hurt. There is always a winner, and always a jilted person. That's just how it goes.
    Didn't he change the show a little bit this time by trying to get some girls that at least had some of the same interests as Andy? It seemed to me that there were fewer bimbos, star wannbees etc. this time. Maybe he has learned that if he works a little harder on recruiting the right personalities, there is more likely to be a love connection in the end. I would hope so.

  5. #3405
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    666

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2432126;
    I agree, it's not likely to change. It isn't just about Bevin getting hurt, though - I would've liked to have seen more of Andy and Tessa's relationship as it developed, like some of the things we heard about that got cut (dogtags, Andy's song at the proposal).
    I'd love to see more of Andy and Tessa's relationship too but it's not very likely we ever will. I know after Meredith and Ian's season, we Meredian fans said the exact same thing and in fact went to some lengths to find out who at ABC (or more correctly, the company that produces the Bachelor shows) we could contact to express our wishes and sent many many emails and letters and polite entreaties to them. Didn't help. We had to be satisfied with the cameraderie of our group that stayed together in a private chatroom. Through that some contacts were made with Meredith and Ian directly and other people that were involved with the show and we learned a lot of what had gone on and how their relationship continued afterwards, but we never were able to see any outtakes or additional clips. So I don't hold out much hope that we'll get anything about Andy and Tessa either.

  6. #3406
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    94

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2431904;
    No, it has been a few seasons I think. I know they had them for Jesse Palmer season but I don't remember any after that. I do miss that because that was always a way around Fleiss' edit to tell who f1 was if sleuthing previously was inconclusive. Maybe that was why Fleiss removed it. I don't know, just a thought.
    I believe they had the video confession of the F2 with Travis. I'm pretty sure I remember seeing Moana and Sarah pleading their cases before the decision.
    I actually prefer not to see it because it can make the woman seem too desperate - and it's harder for the woman sent home - I felt so very bad for Moana.
    I will say that Bevin handled herself with a lot of dignity at the end. I only wish she hadn't said "there's no way in hell he's not picking me in the final rose ceremony," or something very close.

  7. #3407
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2430662;
    How many of you chose your partner based on your criteria for an ideal mate?

    How many of you chose your partner based on what you felt vs what made sense?
    Can't speak for everyone else, but I didn't 'choose' my husband based on any criteria. There were lots of slight manipulations in the universe the night we met, but when we did, lightning struck and neither of us ever looked back!

    Was he everything I'd hoped I would find-- absolutely, and more! I think we clicked so well with each other b/c of what we felt and the fact that IT made sense!

    Not sure where your question is trying to go, but I think that when you meet the right person, you just know. Maybe it's the person you've always thought in your mind's eye that you would meet or maybe it's someone you didn't realize you were missing in your life, I think it's different for all of us.

  8. #3408
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2430694;
    The point is that we don't seek these lessons. That's why soulmates have to be brought together by a third party. Once they come in contact with each other, they FEEL things that's hard to describe. They feel like they really know each other, but can't explain why. Like Andy said, it's like electricity in his soul.
    Okay, going with that thought... don't you think if Andy hadn't done the show, that at some point, he and Tessa would've crossed paths with all the similarities in their lives? His parents don't live far from her mother-- maybe they'd each be visiting home and would see each other in passing at the local mall? Or maybe she would've been at the Wildflower and would've seen this hot guy at some function before or after the events? I think the many coincidences in their lives would've caught up with them at some point.

    While I agree that with your soulmate, you can feel electricity in your soul, I also think that you complete each other. And, like another poster wrote, I think it helps to have your own life in order when you meet them, so you can fully appreciate what is happening.

  9. #3409
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2431142;
    I think that one of the things that made Trista's Season so successful is that she constantly reminded them that her feelings could change. She didn't try to fool them into thinking that she didn't have feelings for both of them. I didn't hear that on the other shows. Trista told Charlie that she had feelings for Ryan that she wanted to explore and when Ryan was opening up about his feelings, she would remind him that there was another person in the picture, and her feelings could change. (I recently rewatched Trista's FRC.)

    It seems that on the other shows, there's this intentional misleading that wasn't in Trista's show.
    You have to remember, though, that Trista had been exactly where the guys were. She knew what it was like to be the F2 so she didn't want to hurt the guys by doing that to them. I gave her a lot of credit for it, and that's what made it so 'real' when she finally told Ryan how she felt.

    At the beginning of that season, I wasn't crazy about Trista, but she grew on me with her ideals and how she stuck to them. And, of course, she made the right decision and chose the right guy in the end.

  10. #3410
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118
    Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;2432480;
    Okay, going with that thought... don't you think if Andy hadn't done the show, that at some point, he and Tessa would've crossed paths with all the similarities in their lives? His parents don't live far from her mother-- maybe they'd each be visiting home and would see each other in passing at the local mall? Or maybe she would've been at the Wildflower and would've seen this hot guy at some function before or after the events? I think the many coincidences in their lives would've caught up with them at some point.

    While I agree that with your soulmate, you can feel electricity in your soul, I also think that you complete each other. And, like another poster wrote, I think it helps to have your own life in order when you meet them, so you can fully appreciate what is happening.
    Not only did Tessa's mother live close to Andy's family (according to Tessa, her mother recently moved there), they also both are marathron participants. IMO, they would more likely cross paths than Andy and Bevin. JMO.

    And if I remember correctly, Meredith and Ian lived within one or two blocks of each and frequent the same bar lounge.
    Last edited by MissThing; 06-07-2007 at 07:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.