Page 340 of 346 FirstFirst ... 240290330331332333334335336337338339340341342343344345346 LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3453

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

FORT Regular

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2431828;
    You are right in the sense that we can't convince you if you don't see it. What I don't understand is why you don't see it?
    I felt the Tessa/Andy connection from their conversation about the Wildflower, and even though it was blatantly obvious to me (and lots of other people here), I accept that others didn't see it. I accept that because I saw zero connection with Bevin -- and not for lack of trying, especially in the latter episodes. The fact that I couldn't see what so many of the Bevin fans thought was plainly obvious makes it easier to understand why they don't see the love story that's so obvious to us Tessa fans. We're just seeing things through different eyes, that's all.

Ultimately, all of our opinions are irrelevant. Only one person's opinion mattered in the end. I'm just glad he was feeling what I was seeing.
    Last edited by MissThing; 06-06-2007 at 03:46 PM.

FORT Fan

Bevorules your post brought up something I had forgotten about. Was this the first time they did not show the video of the final 2 pleading their case?

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2431828;
    You are right in the sense that we can't convince you if you don't see it. What I don't understand is why you don't see it? I saw the love with them since the "Aircraft Carrier" date. Andy's eyes shined and sparkled and sizzled when looking deep into Tessa's eyes throughout the season. He melted every time she entered the room. He never and I repeat never had that reaction with Bevin no matter how often they made out. It just wasn't there. It was like the scene in Trista's season when they showed the "video messages" that Charlie and Ryan left her in the finale. Her expression never changed with Charlies message and her face lit up like a 100 watt lightbulb when Ryan's came on. Tessa was the one who made Andy light up like a light bulb, and Bevin was the one where his face didn't change. This is why 80% of us had Tessa winning. Not the sleuth pics or rumors, but body language and eye expressions. These are things Fleiss can't edit unless he plain leaves out the scene. Maybe part of why some of y'all can't see it between them is because Fleiss didn't let us see all of the scenes of Andy/Tessa. I think they should have a DVD of season and include footage of Andy/Tessa that we didn't see. I think it would be obvious to everyone if they would let us see that. Bevin herself says that Andy/Tessa did fall in love, and similiar comments were made by girls in the house on each other's myspace pages (i.e.Steph KS) or in interviews (Peyton) pointing to early connection of love between Andy and Tessa (Peyton took early exit and she had already seen it.) I respect your opinion even if I am in the other camp, but I wish ABC would have shown more footage so that you and others in the kayak would have seen the love build between Andy and Tessa.
    That's exactly why I made the earlier statement about just showing us what happens without all the misleading editing. More people would be on the same page and enjoying what's happening (or gleefully snarking about it depending on the couple involved ). Some would still miss it, but at least they wouldn't feel intentionally misled. I can see where the editing lead many to believe he would choose Bevin even though I definitely saw the connection with Tessa. Some think it's fun to weed through the misleading edit - I would agree if I'm not invested in the couple but without the FORT, what fun is the show without being invested? There's not always such an obvious connection though, so I can also understand why Fleiss might think he needs to keep the drama of what's going to happen - the format doesn't really work any other way. Of course, this time the vast majority still saw it despite the editing but I have missed it on other seasons. I guess I really don't see any other way to do it and still get the ratings needed to justify keeping the show on the air, but it does lend itself to hurt feelings by participants and disappointment in at least some viewers, but no matter how it's done there will always be some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer121;2431873;
    I felt the Tessa/Andy connection from their conversation about the Wildflower, and even though it was blatantly obvious to me (and lots of other people here), I accept that others didn't see it. I accept that because I saw zero connection with Bevin -- and not for lack of trying, especially in the latter episodes. The fact that I couldn't see what so many of the Bevin fans thought was plainly obvious makes it easier to understand why they don't see the love story that's so obvious to us Tessa fans. We're just seeing things through different eyes, that's all.

Ultimately, all of our opinions are irrelevant. Only one person's opinion mattered in the end. I'm just glad he was feeling what I was seeing.
    Exactly, It's not that I didn't see anything between them either becasue I did. Everyone sees and percieves things differently. I just somehow seen a stronger connection with Bevin that may or may not have been there. I just thought they made a cuter couple. I guess part of it may be I really don't watch this show to see the big love connections, maybe because there usually isn't one. I also didn't rewatch the episodes over and over as much as some have. And when I did I watch and/or rewatch I paid more attention to the Bevin/Andy scenes. I enjoyed them more. As I said earlier I wish they didn't do the editing tricks. Maybe then I would have seen a greater connection between Andy/Tessa. I also think favorites have a lot to do with it. I just enjoy watching the show more as a casual observer and form my own opinions. I like to read the spoilers however. I am not good at that part. I usually picked the f1. Unfortunately this season I was wrong.

I also forgot about the comments during the bachlor/ette looking at the pics. I wonder why they didn't do that this year.
    Last edited by MissThing; 06-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2431887;
    Bevorules your post brought up something I had forgotten about. Was this the first time they did not show the video of the final 2 pleading their case?
    No, it has been a few seasons I think. I know they had them for Jesse Palmer season but I don't remember any after that. I do miss that because that was always a way around Fleiss' edit to tell who f1 was if sleuthing previously was inconclusive. Maybe that was why Fleiss removed it. I don't know, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2431896;
    That's exactly why I made the earlier statement about just showing us what happens without all the misleading editing. More people would be on the same page and enjoying what's happening (or gleefully snarking about it depending on the couple involved ). Some would still miss it, but at least they wouldn't feel intentionally misled. I can see where the editing lead many to believe he would choose Bevin even though I definitely saw the connection with Tessa. Some think it's fun to weed through the misleading edit - I would agree if I'm not invested in the couple but without the FORT, what fun is the show without being invested? There's not always such an obvious connection though, so I can also understand why Fleiss might think he needs to keep the drama of what's going to happen - the format doesn't really work any other way. Of course, this time the vast majority still saw it despite the editing but I have missed it on other seasons. I guess I really don't see any other way to do it and still get the ratings needed to justify keeping the show on the air, but it does lend itself to hurt feelings by participants and disappointment in at least some viewers, but no matter how it's done there will always be some of that.
    Bless you, beachgirl!! You just very eloquently stated what I was getting at. I totally agree. Thank you.

I don't really feel misled. I still believe there was something there between Bevin/Andy.

Very well said, beachgirl4! Now that TB has had a successful season, with a love connection despite the process involved, I hope that Fleiss will see that perhaps some changes can be made for future season(s). The show must evaluate this season and consider making some alterations to the formula if it is to continue past the next installment. While I understand the need to keep viewers guessing until the end, this season also proved that a genuine love story pulls in viewers too. I would have liked to see more of Andy and Tessa's story than to watch Bevin completely invest herself in an ending that wasn't going to happen. But maybe that's just me.

FORT Fan

A bit off topic, but I think a general comment. Clearly we all had an issue with that darn brown shirt Andy wore every other date, and maybe his wardrobe in general. Why in the world didn't he ever wear that gorgeous light green shirt he wore to pick out a ring at any other time? He looked better in that sequence than in any other in the show, IMO. Did wonders for his eyes. Every time I rewatch that last episode I want to scream at him to wear it again, longer next time, so we can enjoy.

Maybe he just got it. Yeah he doesn't have much clothes does he. lol