Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

FORT Fan

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2431530;
    Problem is, people put their own interpretations on what they're seeing. Fleiss is showing a lot of what is actually happening - many many people saw Andy and Tessa falling in love very early on and saw that relationship develop over the course of the show. Of course, he throws in lots of curves and diversions to keep the story interesting. And some people are distracted by them and believe that those curves and diversions are the story. But for the couples that have fallen in love on the show, the love story is always there for a goodly proportion of the audience to see.

I agree. So many have focused on those "diversions along the way" and take that as the story. But for those who saw the love story, the diversions were annoying, but in no way threw us off.

Quote Originally Posted by Schooner;2431561;
    I agree. So many have focused on those "diversions along the way" and take that as the story. But for those who saw the love story, the diversions were annoying, but in no way threw us off.
    I agree too, and get frustrated every season trying to convince those that are distracted by the "diversions along the way" that we are seing the f1 couple falling in love. I knew it was Ryan despite all of the rumors saying Charlie and all the people saying that she and Charlie had "electric connection" yeah but, she and Ryan had love. I knew Jen from about ht dates on, same w/Ian and Mary. The only series that I got wrong was the first one because there was no editing pattern to see through until more than one season. Fleiss isn't going to change, and we will forever be trying to convince the "Kirsten" fans, the "Sadie" fans and the "Bevin" fans that their girl is not the f1. You guys are right on.

It's up to us to see through Fleiss's diversions. That is one of our major tasks as sleuthers.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2431586;
    It's up to us to see through Fleiss's diversions. That is one of our major tasks as sleuthers.
    I agree, and I also learned this season that it's important to not rule out anyone and keep an "open mind" to potential love stories until valid proof of the f1 is given.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2431586;
    So true! Well said. Which why us old salts are always right even when we are in the minority. Not this time, though as we saw on the polls on this board and others that 80% knew it was Tessa. We are better at looking past Fleiss and his bag of tricks than we think we are. I can't wait for next season so we can do this crazy roller coaster ride again (the love story that develops isn't the roller coaster ride, convincing people fooled by Fleiss is the roller coaster ride which can be thrilling, frustrating, scary and fun all at once.)

We are better at looking past Fleiss and his bag of tricks than we think we are.
    That's exactly the point. Trust your gut. Trust your instincts. Trust what you see. Trust the body language. The so called spoilers arent always right. A Prime example is the Cozumel "spoiler" that had Bevin as F1 right from the start. Dont let those things color what you see!

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2431588;
    I agree, and I also learned this season that it's important to not rule out anyone and keep an "open mind" to potential love stories until valid proof of the f1 is given.
    This is Always sound advise when viewing the bachelor!!

I know there are several of us that still do not see the Tessa/Andy love story. For me I don't think it was the editing. Sometimes you just don't so it and/or believe it. I have seen it happen in couples that I know. You just don't see the connection. And in most cases I have been right and they did not last. I did think Ryan was going to be Tristas pick. I just don't see the Tessa/Andy love and I doubt I ever will., I am not sure I will believe it if they do get married.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2431785;
    I know there are several of us that still do not see the Tessa/Andy love story. For me I don't think it was the editing. Sometimes you just don't so it and/or believe it. I have seen it happen in couples that I know. You just don't see the connection. And in most cases I have been right and they did not last. I did think Ryan was going to be Tristas pick. I just don't see the Tessa/Andy love and I doubt I ever will., I am not sure I will believe it if they do get married.

That is how I felt about Bevin. There is nothing anyone can show me that gives me that same tingle I get when watching Andy with Tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2431785;
    You are right in the sense that we can't convince you if you don't see it. What I don't understand is why you don't see it? I saw the love with them since the "Aircraft Carrier" date. Andy's eyes shined and sparkled and sizzled when looking deep into Tessa's eyes throughout the season. He melted every time she entered the room. He never and I repeat never had that reaction with Bevin no matter how often they made out. It just wasn't there. It was like the scene in Trista's season when they showed the "video messages" that Charlie and Ryan left her in the finale. Her expression never changed with Charlies message and her face lit up like a 100 watt lightbulb when Ryan's came on. Tessa was the one who made Andy light up like a light bulb, and Bevin was the one where his face didn't change. This is why 80% of us had Tessa winning. Not the sleuth pics or rumors, but body language and eye expressions. These are things Fleiss can't edit unless he plain leaves out the scene. Maybe part of why some of y'all can't see it between them is because Fleiss didn't let us see all of the scenes of Andy/Tessa. I think they should have a DVD of season and include footage of Andy/Tessa that we didn't see. I think it would be obvious to everyone if they would let us see that. Bevin herself says that Andy/Tessa did fall in love, and similiar comments were made by girls in the house on each other's myspace pages (i.e.Steph KS) or in interviews (Peyton) pointing to early connection of love between Andy and Tessa (Peyton took early exit and she had already seen it.) I respect your opinion even if I am in the other camp, but I wish ABC would have shown more footage so that you and others in the kayak would have seen the love build between Andy and Tessa.