Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

I would rather see more of what actually happens as well. Obviously they can't show all of the footage, but they could give the highlights without the manipulative and intentionally misleading edit.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2430926;
    I would rather see more of what actually happens as well. Obviously they can't show all of the footage, but they could give the highlights without the manipulative and intentionally misleading edit.
    I would too, and who knows, Fleiss may one day listen to all of us and decide to change. I am not going to hold my breath though as he has yet to show footage of the f1 couple without trying to mislead and point to the f2 girl being the one or the f3 girl being the one in case of Trish (Jesse season,) Gwen (Aaron season) and even mislead to f4 being the one (Meredith in Bob season.) I still say Fleiss will deceive as for some reason beyond me he thinks deception and surprise at the end lead to bigger ratings, than showing the real story with the f1 couple falling in love. Maybe they should release a DVD of each series that was successful (Trista, Byron, Charlie and Andy) and show us some of this footage that was cut to keep the ending from being obvious. You know they tape some of that footage as previous participants have stated that the cameras are pretty much always on. I would also like to see more real moments with Andy and Bevin/Danielle etc as you could probably tell when he was pulling away and just going through the motions to keep the process intact. Don't get me wrong, y'all I am totally with you but unfortunately, Fleiss isn't yet. And until he does we are just preaching to the choir.

I think they could show the footage but they won't because they are too afraid there would be a drop in ratings. This is Fleiss and his game plan which I think puts too much stress on any relationship thus the less than stellar results. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2430986;
    I Maybe they should release a DVD of each series that was successful (Trista, Byron, Charlie and Andy) and show us some of this footage that was cut to keep the ending from being obvious. You know they tape some of that footage as previous participants have stated that the cameras are pretty much always on. I would also like to see more real moments with Andy and Bevin/Danielle etc as you could probably tell when he was pulling away and just going through the motions to keep the process intact. Don't get me wrong, y'all I am totally with you but unfortunately, Fleiss isn't yet. And until he does we are just preaching to the choir.

I would love to see a DVD of this season. IMO it would sell well too, just as any romantic movie would. And it would be so much fun to see more footage. Now that we know the outcome, we could see bloopers, more dialogue that might "give it away," etc!

I think that one of the things that made Trista's Season so successful is that she constantly reminded them that her feelings could change. She didn't try to fool them into thinking that she didn't have feelings for both of them. I didn't hear that on the other shows. Trista told Charlie that she had feelings for Ryan that she wanted to explore and when Ryan was opening up about his feelings, she would remind him that there was another person in the picture, and her feelings could change. (I recently rewatched Trista's FRC.)

It seems that on the other shows, there's this intentional misleading that wasn't in Trista's show.

FORT Fanatic

Problem is, people put their own interpretations on what they're seeing. Fleiss is showing a lot of what is actually happening - many many people saw Andy and Tessa falling in love very early on and saw that relationship develop over the course of the show. Of course, he throws in lots of curves and diversions to keep the story interesting. And some people are distracted by them and believe that those curves and diversions are the story. But for the couples that have fallen in love on the show, the love story is always there for a goodly proportion of the audience to see.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;2431530;
    But for the couples that have fallen in love on the show, the love story is always there for a goodly proportion of the audience to see.

And remember, Andy and Chris both said in interviews we would START to see the love story in the middle of the show, and it wasn't what we were already thinking (maybe Steph/SC?)!

I started to really see it on the Cinderella date, but looking back, I can see glimpses of it before that (in the helicopter after the aircraft carrier date)!

I agree that there were glimpses of their relationship building during the Midway date and certainly the Tahoe date. (Especially with the addition of Spoiler Bob's info about Tahoe.) It was crystal clear what was happening by the Cinderella date. Fleiss could not hide it.

When is Tessa suppose to move to Hawaii?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I think she plans to move in August after she has had time to tie up things at work. Perhaps it's not so easy to just pick up and leave her clients (troubled kids/kids at risk ) on two weeks notice......