Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2430632;
    I still say it's great to have some things in common with your SO, or spouse. I also think it's important to be your own individual ,and have differences in personalities. It's worked now for us 28 years this June.
    Does your spouse cause you to think outside of the box? Do you case him to do the same? True soulmates will take each other out of their normal thinking/views box to a whole new level of thinking.

Of course
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2430672;
    If you're trying to learn karmic lessons, shouldn't you seek out an anteater or, say, slime mold as life partners, so you can learn how to avoid going backwards along the reincarnation spectrum?
    The point is that we don't seek these lessons. That's why soulmates have to be brought together by a third party. Once they come in contact with each other, they FEEL things that's hard to describe. They feel like they really know each other, but can't explain why. Like Andy said, it's like electricity in his soul.

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2430662;
    How many of you chose your partner based on your criteria for an ideal mate?

How many of you chose your partner based on what you felt vs what made sense?
    I met my husband when a relationship was the LAST thing on my mind. We met in the Atlanta airport on a Friday night waiting for the same connecting flight that was repeatedly delayed. Turned out we lived in the same city only a few miles apart. Many, many other details hit us over the head with the seeming fact that we were meant to be together. Oh, there was also a great deal of 'electricity,' but that wasn't not a first for me. Trust me when I tell you, if the electricity were the basis for our relationship we would've been done a long time ago - not because it's not still there but because that does not sustain you when you're cleaning up puke from your spouse, child or pet, or when you're dealing with family tragedies. That takes a much deeper bond. We said there was no 'out clause' when we got married and by the grace of God, we've held true to it. Sorry, long answer to your question, but I would definitely say it was what I felt more than making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2430696;
    I met my husband when a relationship was the LAST thing on my mind. We met in the Atlanta airport on a Friday night waiting for the same connecting flight that was repeatedly delayed. Turned out we lived in the same city only a few miles apart. Many, many other details hit us over the head with the seeming fact that we were meant to be together. Oh, there was also a great deal of 'electricity,' but that wasn't not a first for me. Trust me when I tell you, if the electricity were the basis for our relationship we would've been done a long time ago - not because it's not still there but because that does not sustain you when you're cleaning up puke from your spouse, child or pet, or when you're dealing with family tragedies. That takes a much deeper bond. We said there was no 'out clause' when we got married and by the grace of God, we've held true to it. Sorry, long answer to your question, but I would definitely say it was what I felt more than making sense.
    There appeared that cosmic forces brought you two together. Did you feel like you knew him and could not explain how you felt that way? Did his voice sound familar to you?
    Last edited by 2observe; 06-05-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Yes, the cosmic force was the One who created the cosmos! I did not feel the things you describe though we were definitely drawn to one another.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2430414;
    bevorules, thank you for saying you see what I was saying.

I really do not think Tessa was hesitant at all. I think that is the role she was cast in, the reluctant bride.

Tessa was having fun saying her jokes, early on. Muffin joke, faking she got hurt when she fell off the mechanical bull. Tahoe, having Andy fall off the skies. Snow angles.

Sharing what formed part of her, Inca trail story.

These were all early on, Andy got to see her true self early on. The self that Andy fell in love with. Funny, goofball, caring, challenging, athletic. We see clips of that in the first 3 episodes, by the time Cinderella date comes along, we see the lovestory unfolding. They had the friendship at the begininng and now, Tessa is falling in love with the man Andy.

We were showing the anguish on Andy's face at the thought of Tessa wanting to leave after Tahoe.

We were shown Andy's giddiness at the Cinderella date.

Tessa's hometown date, it becomes real, she sees Andy with her family, they have the I want to fall in love date.

By the Fantasy date, both of them know they love each other. The small pecks. The cartwheels, the sharing the backyard. Every second of tape showed the love Andy had for Tessa. Tessa was smiling the whole time. Tessa thanks Andy for keeping her, until she openned up.

Meet Andy's parents, went really well, but we are showns somethings to cast doubt.

Andy proposes, tells her it is you and me. He has been telling her since the beginning to concentrate on us, forget about the others. He thanks her for sticking with it.

On the 2 on 1 date, Tessa told Andy, when she is with him, she likes him. Her doubts are when she is at the house. Her issues were not with Andy.

She told Andy before the RC Tahoe, that it takes time for her. She needs to get to know a person, her feelings need to grow. (Which makes perfect sense to me. You need to know what you love about a person before you can say you love a person.

When telling Andy she wants to fall in love with him. HT date. She says it is the process she questions. She did not question Andy.

Tessa had feelings for Andy. Her feelings were really deep, they scared her. She knew she could not be throwing herself at him. She could not be declaring her love for him early on, that is why she told Andy she would leave if that is what he wanted from her. She could not deliver that, and she would rather leave then, then get even more hurt, because she could not move at a quicker pace.

All in all there never was any doubt what Fleiss was showing us. He added some stuff to confuse some people.

Fantastic recap on how Tessa and Andy's relationship evolved.
    ITA and couldn't have said it better!
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2430414;
    bevorules, thank you for saying you see what I was saying.

I really do not think Tessa was hesitant at all. I think that is the role she was cast in, the reluctant bride.

Tessa was having fun saying her jokes, early on. Muffin joke, faking she got hurt when she fell off the mechanical bull. Tahoe, having Andy fall off the skies. Snow angles.

Sharing what formed part of her, Inca trail story.

These were all early on, Andy got to see her true self early on. The self that Andy fell in love with. Funny, goofball, caring, challenging, athletic. We see clips of that in the first 3 episodes, by the time Cinderella date comes along, we see the lovestory unfolding. They had the friendship at the begininng and now, Tessa is falling in love with the man Andy.

We were showing the anguish on Andy's face at the thought of Tessa wanting to leave after Tahoe.

We were shown Andy's giddiness at the Cinderella date.

Tessa's hometown date, it becomes real, she sees Andy with her family, they have the I want to fall in love date.

By the Fantasy date, both of them know they love each other. The small pecks. The cartwheels, the sharing the backyard. Every second of tape showed the love Andy had for Tessa. Tessa was smiling the whole time. Tessa thanks Andy for keeping her, until she openned up.

Meet Andy's parents, went really well, but we are showns somethings to cast doubt.

Andy proposes, tells her it is you and me. He has been telling her since the beginning to concentrate on us, forget about the others. He thanks her for sticking with it.

On the 2 on 1 date, Tessa told Andy, when she is with him, she likes him. Her doubts are when she is at the house. Her issues were not with Andy.

She told Andy before the RC Tahoe, that it takes time for her. She needs to get to know a person, her feelings need to grow. (Which makes perfect sense to me. You need to know what you love about a person before you can say you love a person.

When telling Andy she wants to fall in love with him. HT date. She says it is the process she questions. She did not question Andy.

Tessa had feelings for Andy. Her feelings were really deep, they scared her. She knew she could not be throwing herself at him. She could not be declaring her love for him early on, that is why she told Andy she would leave if that is what he wanted from her. She could not deliver that, and she would rather leave then, then get even more hurt, because she could not move at a quicker pace.

All in all there never was any doubt what Fleiss was showing us. He added some stuff to confuse some people.
    That is why I put "hesitant" in quotes and didn't just type it. I also think Ryan opened up to Trista before they showed it also. Fleiss has them play the "hesitant" role so that they can build drama to the finale. Otherwise they would give away that Trista chose Ryan early in season, Meredith/Ian etc. Those of us bachelor veterans can usually see through the Fleiss edit early in the season for the reasons you stated in your very excellent summary of Andy/Tessa building. I also see her opening to him early w/muffin joke, putting him on her skis, the looks they shared etc. I think if they wouldn't have built the "hesitancy" the Bevin/Danielle fans would've known sooner, but maybe their ratings would've tanked. Die hard bachelor fans like me would've watched anyway to see the love build w/ "Andessa." I am glad that you got what I was saying. Around here, that isn't always the case.

Quote Originally Posted by bevorules;2430869;
    That is why I put "hesitant" in quotes and didn't just type it. I also think Ryan opened up to Trista before they showed it also. Fleiss has them play the "hesitant" role so that they can build drama to the finale. Otherwise they would give away that Trista chose Ryan early in season, Meredith/Ian etc. Those of us bachelor veterans can usually see through the Fleiss edit early in the season for the reasons you stated in your very excellent summary of Andy/Tessa building. I also see her opening to him early w/muffin joke, putting him on her skis, the looks they shared etc. I think if they wouldn't have built the "hesitancy" the Bevin/Danielle fans would've known sooner, but maybe their ratings would've tanked. Die hard bachelor fans like me would've watched anyway to see the love build w/ "Andessa." I am glad that you got what I was saying. Around here, that isn't always the case.
    I may be in the minority here but I think I would rather watch the real story than all the editing bull. I don't really watch to see a love story. Maybe because in most cases there really isn't one. I just like watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;2430882;
    I may be in the minority here but I think I would rather watch the real story than all the editing bull. I don't really watch to see a love story. Maybe because in most cases there really isn't one. I just like watching the show.
    I would too but unless Fleiss gets a brain transplant, you and I are just not going to see it with the bachelor.
    Last edited by jasmar; 06-05-2007 at 05:44 PM.