Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Quote Originally Posted by 2observe;2430532;
    It is interesting how we see totally different things.

LOL. We finally agree. We see things so differently. Thank you for sharing your views with us.

I still amazes me how different everyone view, the exact same thing shown.,

I still say it's great to have some things in common with your SO, or spouse. I also think it's important to be your own individual ,and have differences in personalities. It's worked now for us 28 years this June.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2430620;
    My dh and I will be married 29 years this June..and we are alike in ways that matter and help one another, but we are opposites in many ways. It balances who we are together. Works for us! As far as soulmate potential between Bevin and Andy, I think it would be very hard and unfair to say if it would or wouldn't have worked..when we ONLY saw bits and pieces of the people's personalities. From what I saw, I thought Bevin was a very positive 'opposite' for Andy. She is a very outgoing person. He may be too, but I saw her positive outgoing personality as a plus.
    I agree, Very well said. Everybody has different ideas of soulmates and we don't know what would be best for them. Only they know that. I also think Bevin would be very positive for Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2430632;
    I still say it's great to have some things in common with your SO, or spouse. I also think it's important to be your own individual ,and have differences in personalities. It's worked now for us 28 years this June.
    I agree with you. My DH and I have been married almost 37yrs and we had many things in common when we got married. But over the years you discover that things change with kids/Grandkids etc.But your true core beliefs stays the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2430621;
    LOL. We finally agree. We see things so differently. Thank you for sharing your views with us.

I still amazes me how different everyone view, the exact same thing shown.,
    Do you think it could the right brain/left brain thing?

What I'm saying is that your IDEAL mate (you could be with them happily for a lifetime) is NOT your soulmate. A soulmate brings about karmic lessons that are avoided with the ideal mate.

How many of you chose your partner based on your criteria for an ideal mate?

How many of you chose your partner based on what you felt vs what made sense?

My dh and I will be married 29 years this June..and we are alike in ways that matter and help one another, but we are opposites in many ways. It balances who we are together. Works for us! As far as soulmate potential between Bevin and Andy, I think it would be very hard and unfair to say if it would or wouldn't have worked..when we ONLY saw bits and pieces of the people's personalities. From what I saw, I thought Bevin was a very positive 'opposite' for Andy. She is a very outgoing person. He may be too, but I saw her positive outgoing personality as a plus.
    He did a great job of talking her onto the helicopter, too, and would've been good for her in some ways (hey, I'm a total Tessa/hammock fan). I think if Andy was more the type who wanted someone to take care of, Bevin would've been a better fit than Tessa. BUT ... that type of relationship is extremely difficult in the military. And, being the self-sufficient type myself, I think you're on better ground going into a relationship when you already feel comfortable with who you are and don't feel you NEED anyone else.

Someone recently posted (sorry, too lazy to look back to see who) the comment Tessa made to Andy's sister about Andy filling a void she didn't even know she had. To me, that is the very essence of an emotionally healthy individual finding their match. By comparison, while I love the line 'You complete me' from Jerry MacGuire, I feel so many people try to look for someone to complete them instead of being complete by themselves BEFORE finding that special someone. Okay, I'm probably thinking WAAAYYY too much about this, but obviously there are alot of unrealistic expectations about marriage that contribute to the divorce rate and occasionally I get on my soap box. I think The Bachelor has a tendency to REINFORCE the negatives about falling in love and getting the proposal in a fairy tale sort of way. That was what I SOOO appreciated about Tessa and the way she approached this, and I love that we've had a couple who have possibly sent the right message just a little bit more than most of the other 'misses' this show has produced. Okay, stepping down from my soapbox now

If you're trying to learn karmic lessons, shouldn't you seek out an anteater or, say, slime mold as life partners, so you can learn how to avoid going backwards along the reincarnation spectrum?
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

tvBevin and real Bevin exhibited some qualities, which I won't go into, but that I'm not so sure would've been a match, however I'm taking ANdy's word for it that Tessa is the one for him, HE is the one who should know what he's looking for. lol
    The divorce courts are filled with people who are opposites and were originally chemically attracted to each other but who couldn't be happy living together. The soulmate thing is tricky and personally I think only happens after MANY years of marriage filled with challenges. jmo
    Last edited by girlsmom; 06-05-2007 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2430632;
    Does your spouse cause you to think outside of the box? Do you case him to do the same? True soulmates will take each other out of their normal think/ view box to a whole new level of thinking.