Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

Fort Fan

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;2404503;
    I am firmly in the hammock, but that is based on my perceptions more than hard evidence. Having said that, I think the fact that about 75% of the people on FORT believe that Tessa wins means something! (Of course, the only thing it PROVES is that about 75% of those that voted think Tessa wins ... which could ultimately prove that about 75% of us were fooled by the editing. )
    When I first started watching the Bachelor - during the first few seasons - I was in the group that was fooled by the editing.

Since then - I have based my pick - not on which Bachelor/Bachelorette I like the most - but on all of the information I gather through out the season from the boards, TV/print interviews, and the episodes.

Myself along with many other "veteran sleuths" say... Bevin will get the final rose

Are we correct...absolutely

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hopless romanti;2404643;
    I agree 100%. I was going to say exactly the same thing but you said it first! I was trying to figure out why Chris would compare Andy/Bevin/Tessa to Trista/Ryan/Charlie - what was the one similarity between the 2 seasons that was not present in any other season? What jumped out at me was that one of the F2 was so totally in love with the bachelor/bachlorette but wasn't normally their "type" while the other F2 wasn't as deeply invested but was more typically what s(he) would be attracted to on paper. Andy has said many times how much Bevin loves him whereas Tessa has doubts. Tessa is also who his head tells him is the one he "WANTS to fall in love with" but I think Bevin is the one his heart tells him he fell in love with. He did say that in the end he stopped being so analytical and listened to his heart, not his head. I just don't see any chemistry between Tessa and Andy. Maybe I'm weird but they look like friends to me. I'm still in the kayak.
    I think he is comparing this season to that one because of the romance in general. He has stated many times that this proposal is as romantic as Ryan and Trista's. I think he also compares them because maybe he sees this relationship ending in marriage also. I don't think we can compare the "characters" at all. Ryan and Bevin are nothing alike, in fact, Tessa's character is much more like Ryan than Charlie. That whole thing is totally subjective. And as far as Andy's "type", his friend that posts on here initially said Bevin is the type of girl Andy usually dates. You can check, it was back right after Amber was eliminated. At that point he felt Bevin would be the one. Now I hear he's voted for Tessa.

kenlorz
    She came in blemished (in her mind), but Andy was the kind of guy she wanted yet didn't think she could have.
    God it's just like Moana isnt it. I hope Bevin will find love soon. I was practically crying while reading your lovely post. And I havent had a lot of love for Bevin over the course of the show. She just seemed so clingy. Oy. This is very complicated stuff is it not?
    I think Bevin was the more vulnerable of the two, had more to lose, but put herself out there anyway. That's why I root for her, she's the underdog. That little stray puppy who's all covered in dirt and grime just wishing someone would see her value and say "Welcome home, you are loved."
    She had much more to lose.
    You're killing me here. This has to stop, Kenlorz. I'm covering my eyes.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 05-19-2007 at 03:31 PM.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by blhstock;2404634;
    kenlorz, I'm adding this additonal quote of yours from a previous post to your heartfelt, passionate plea above.
    I think this is exactly the dilemma he is facing but not in the way you mean at all. I really do think Bevin is exactly what he went on the show looking for and expecting to find. If you set Fleiss editing aside and look at Bevin not TV Bevin you have a woman who is smart, well-educated and beautiful. She’s athletic, funny, works in a caring profession and has a loving family, whom, as Andy said are, ‘his kind of people.” She’s a strong woman who seems to know what she wants, she’s passionate and she loves Andy. IMO, the only real negative we can take away from the editing that isn’t Fleiss contrived is the fact that she’s divorced. And, I think we all can agree that Andy wouldn’t base his final decision on that. .

I point to Andy's discussion with Gatsby and his phone convo. He says she's a liberal, wild child, who has stumbled and made mistakes and is very different than what his background and upbringing is. I thank you for seeing Bevin's great points, because they are there! But I still think Andy struggled with her upbringing, her past, and her liberal side.

FORT Regular

Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

Quote Originally Posted by TNmomof4;2404685;
    I've noticed the same thing. It's interestingl, I didn't see it that way Monday night, but when I went back it just jumped out at me. And the way he looked at her after he gave her the rose!!! Hot, hot, hot! The guy has got it bad!
    I've posted about that before - I still can't get that image of him looking Tessa up and down and licking his lips out of my mind

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2404657;
    I must agree that after watching last weeks show the casual watcher is made to believe that Andy chooses the girl with whom he has physical lust for...and Fleiss has marketed this as the most romantic Final Rose Ceremony because we will find that a true emotional connection will conquer all. The respectable woman will get the guys heart, and while a guy will jump and play around with the girl that will be quick to throw herself at him, ultimately that is not enough...We couldn't have a more perfect Fairytale ending...
    It's so amazing that we can even find ways of supporting cases for both girls (we all see what we want to see). Even for who the "casual watcher" is picking. It seems that there are more who feel the casual watcher is thinking Bevin because of the electricity/physical edit. My cousin, who actually watched for the first time this past week, thinks it's Tessa who will be F1.

So who DOES the casual watcher think it's going to be? I tend to agree with the electricity/physical Bevin. So I'm hoping that sort of follows formula in that it's edited to show Bevin but it really is the Tessa real love story. But as I've posted before, I thought the real love story was Trista/Ryan instead of Trista/Charlie. So I'm very confused.

The only solace I can take is that the F1 poll that Mindi started is showing about 75% Tessa to 25% Bevin (or somewhere thereabouts). The sleuthing audience is definitely starting to trend towards the hammock...and I like that.

What are your friends/relatives who you consider casual watchers thinking?

I did comment about that lizard lip licking earlier he has it bad.

My sister is a casual watcher, and she thniks that Bevin is the clearcut winner. She noticed the chemistry between Bevin and Andy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Cas2;2404725;
    I've posted about that before - I still can't get that image of him looking Tessa up and down and licking his lips out of my mind
    He gave her the same look as they were parting at the memorial. The up and down hungry one. Mmmmm

My friends that are casual viewer think that I am totally off my rocker because I am so obsessed with this show!