Page 14 of 346 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 10, Part 3 - Spoilers, Speculation & Screencaps ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by itsyourmom;2336166;
    I'm not opposed to thinking she could. I like her a lot. I did think they connected during the massage. I think some of the women are so similar looking this season that we are having a hard time sleuthing the finale. But there are some very observant posters, so let's watch for clues.
    Yeah! I thought they connected during the massage, too. I noticed that he was the one to reach for her hand. I looked like a nice moment.

I made a few comments in part 2 of the spoiler thread about Steph W hoping that others might be seeing her in a couple of the pictures. However, the more experienced sleuthers seemed to believe that those pictures were either Bevin or Danielle.

I noticed in re-watching the show that during the massage that there was an interview with Steph W in an outfit we haven't seen yet and she says something like being thrilled that Andy asked her to have the massage with him and that she's always happy to spend time with him (or words to that effect).

Any ideas how far she goes? She looks like a chameleon to me.

Re: Everything 'Non-Sleutherish' Goes Here! **Spoilers**

I really do think the F3 are Bevin, Danielle, and Tessa (Stephanie W's massage was nice , but no cigar. Or future screencaps). I am interested in your evaluations of who would really be a better fit for Andy, regardless of what "connections" we see at this point since it's so edited anyway. He clearly likes all three. I think that Danielle and Tessa are prettier (subjective I know) but he has dated traffic stopping beauties in recent years so that's important. Andy's also pretty impressed with himself. I suppose he should be, I'd just be more impressed with him if he were less so. I think that the things he wants in a woman are somewhat mutually exclusive. He wants someone who is gorgeous, accomplished, talented, athletic and quite independent (so she can tolerate 12 month deployments and 90 hour work and triathalon training schedules while bringing up babies). But more than that, (and I'm reading into signals from him I know I'm making assumptions) he wants someone who is going to bask in his glow.
    I really like Tessa. She'd challenge him more than Bevin and Danielle. She was the one who was trying to figure out if he was going to be a good fit for her. Wow. I think her mindset it very different than the others. He might find that challenging but I think not. I think he wont ultimately click with her as much because of this. Remember, she has quite a resume too. Prominent family background, exceptional college, world traveller, excellent skiier, ?money (timeshare in Tahoe) , extremely pretty, triathlete in training, etc. On paper she's perfect for him . But is she going to be happy living in the shadow of a guy who needs to see himself as a better catch than she is? Or more importantly is he going to happy if she doesnt see him in that light?

I think he'll choose Danielle or Bevin to feed his ego in the end. As to which of these would be a better fit , I'd actually say Danielle. But the sleuthing evidence seems to lead to Bevin. I include in this the fact that Bevin's mother was described as excited when she called in to some radio station. If Bevin had had her heart broken a few weeks earlier would she have been so happy that Bevin had participated in this show? I dont think so. And I really dont think Bevin is just striving for tv exposure so that wouldnt have been the source of mom's excitement. We'll know more about his feelings for her when we see their discussion about her divorce. Interesting that both Danielle and Bevin come to him with more baggage from past relationships than Tessa.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 04-18-2007 at 08:50 AM.

Re: Have any of the girls made a 'connection' with Andy? Any chemistry? Sparks?

Quote Originally Posted by RandalR;2336151;
    It's even cheesier when Fleiss turns to the third assistant cameraman just before the scene and whispers, "Quick! Give me your watch!"
    So romantic! Fleiss really knows what makes a woman's heart beat faster, doesn't he?
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

I have nothing against any of these girls (don't know them) but I have an opinion based on TPTB edits. Did not see the passion with Andy and Bevin Monday night..they were cute and cuddly, a couple of smooches, nothing more. Saw some heat with Tessa and Andy on the helicopter. She seemed a bit distant at first, even said she was scared, having never been in a helicopter before. Can't stand Stephanie T...who does she think she is? She has a great bod, but eventually you have to talk! And Stephanie W, Dani, Amber are just real sweet. For the most part a great group of girls this time around, unfortunetly (and we say this every season) A few are going to get hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2336544;
    I think he'll choose Danielle or Bevin to feed his ego in the end. As to which of these would be a better fit , I'd actually say Danielle. But the sleuthing evidence seems to lead to Bevin. I include in this the fact that Bevin's mother was described as excited when she called in to some radio station. If Bevin had had her heart broken a few weeks earlier would she have been so happy that Bevin had participated in this show? I dont think so. And I really dont think Bevin is just striving for tv exposure so that wouldnt have been the source of mom's excitement. We'll know more about his feelings for her when we see their discussion about her divorce. Interesting that both Danielle and Bevin come to him with more baggage from past relationships than Tessa.
    I'd forgotten about Bevin's mom notifying the local media. Good going tying that into the show's timeline. I'm just caught up in the Bevin/Andy attraction, so still don't really know if there is more. His need for ego massage (yes - I can see where that could be a glowing trait with him) makes it tricky for the girls to really see him in a few weeks of bizarre courtship. Well, Bevin and Tessa both work in psychology fields - maybe they can see clearer than others what lies in store for them.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by avva920;2336270;
    Yeah! I thought they connected during the massage, too. I noticed that he was the one to reach for her hand. I looked like a nice moment.
    It did. I thought she came across as very nurturing. I don't know how far she progresses on the show. She seems very normal to me, like someone who comes without a lot of problems. I think Andy has dated a lot of beautiful women, like Pajamasam said. So, he must have decided that he is 30 and it is time for someone who is serious about marriage and babies. I can only imagine that a lot of his decisionmaking is done behind the scenes with private conversations to figure out how the women feel about commitment, marriage, and family. When dh and I were dating, we spent hours talking about how many kids we might have, where we would live, how we would raise them, etc. It was fun and exhausting at the time, but when we got married, there weren't any surprises. I'm trying to figure out when Andy will have 1/1 time to have all these serious discussions with the women.
    He seems to be a perfectionist in every area of his life, and I can't imagine marriage is any exception. He appears to have come from a stable, happy family, and I would guess he'd want to create that for his own kids.

Raising kids is absolutely wonderful and the hardest job I've ever had. It is a ton of work. Even with a very involved dh, it has been more work than I ever imagined. I could not have known that at age 23 or so. I hope there is an opportunity for Andy's chosen one to seriously contemplate the task of raising kids with a dh who works long hours at an intense career, might be deployed, and trains for intense athletic events. Andy seems like a doll, and I hope he finds all the happiness he is seeking and with the right person.

Here's the blurb about Bevin's mom, from cafegirl in the media thread:
    Re: Media for Bachelor 10-Andy Baldwin
    I didn't see this posted and it really doesn't say much, but here's a blub in the local newspaper from Bevin's mom:

PROUD MOM Anna Powers of Sammamish called in to report that her daughter, Bevin, 28, is one of the women vying for the affections of Andy Baldwin on the current season of ABC's "The Bachelor." Bevin currently lives in Palo Alto, Calif., but graduated from Issaquah High School and UW. Since Bevin wasn't the bachelorette literally doing backflips — in an evening gown — over Andy in last week's premiere, nor the one who serenaded him with a cringe-inducing rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner," we're happy to call her our own. Someone get the mayor of Issaquah on the phone.

Warning ~ Mega Post Alert

Observations
    We are only given the briefest of snippets through Fleiss’ machinations the personalities of the participants involved in The Bachelor ~ which are admittedly skewed ~ but coupled with print and media interviews we each gain a perception of specific individuals. These are a few of mine.

Andy
    The very portrait of The All American Good Guy. Something was missing, tired of the dating game and sincere in his wish to find his Soulmate. Returning to his roots. Strong family ties. Love of children. Wants the same kind of connection that his parents have.

Bevin
    Independent. Go get attitude. Daredevil. Would chafe and struggle under the decorum and protocol that is generally required of a military officer’s wife.

Tessa
    Cautious. Prankster. People Person. Wanderer, ready to hike the Andes or rainforest of the Amazon at a moments notice. Not ready to settle down and live her life with someone else’s dreams.

Amber
    Warm and caring but too young to be settling down.

Danielle
    Been described as bland as milk toast, blah. There’s no drama. She’s already lived through the drama and heartache at an early age and became stronger for it. Capable of deep love and wants it again. Strong sense of family. A constant steady light that welcomes one home.

Fleiss
    Andy is a different breed of Bachelor than any other we’ve seen ~ seemingly not out to promote himself or his product ~ and Fleiss has had to create a different kind of edit. He has his formulas ie Alexis being first out of the limo. No screencaps indicated she made the first 15 other than Fleiss has always had the first and last out of the limo making the first cut. He has to make the show entertaining for the viewers and he’ll mold a participant into a specific character edit as much as that participant’s individuality will allow. And as much as I want to see a Love Story it wouldn’t be nearly as fun without the Drama included.

Summary
    Andy says believes in Love at First Sight and trusts his instincts. I believe he had his Top 3 picked out the first night and the rest is a methodical search to see if he might have missed anyone. The early 1 on 1, Stephanie was pre-ordained due to the first impression rose and Amber’s QT due to the win of the Triathlon but the rest are I believe his attempt to weed out the one’s he has/had questions about. He questioned Tessa’s interest hence her 2 on 1. We don’t know the circumstances of the last two 1 on 1’s; Tessa’s bejeweled date or the winemaking one ~ children’s pick? Andy knows that when it’s down to F4 that he gets to spend serious quality time with these girls and so on to the F3 to make sure that the woman he ultimately chooses is the one for him, so I don’t necessarily believe that a 1 on 1 date is essential prior to the F4.

My Pick for F1
    I’ve made no secret that I hope Danielle is it. She, I believe, embodies all that Andy is looking for and vice versa. He’s attracted to Bevin ~ who wouldn’t be? She’s smokin’ hot ~ but Bevin and Bevinlike clones can be found at any triathlon or given Bevin’s nature, Exterra event of which Andy is well familiar with. Tessa’s infectious smile makes her a pleasure to watch and you know she’d be so much fun to hang out with ~ I’d love to have her in attendance on my next ski trip to Baniff ~ but I don’t think she’s ready to settle down just yet. This all being said, whomever Andy chooses, good for them and kudos to Fleiss for still having us guessing who it is this many episodes in versus knowing before they air the first girl getting out of the limo ~ frustrating but fun.

Apologies for the monster post … thinking this out allowed me to get through a midnight emergency room trip with the spousal unit ~ kidney stones poor baby ~ and trying to make sense of the horror that visited Virginia Tech. Blessed Be that all children of family, friends and tailgating acquaintances escaped unharmed and wishing God’s Peace to the families that this nightmare continues to haunt.
    Remember ... no matter how hard you work, no matter how right you are ... sometimes the Dragon wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2336629;
    I'd forgotten about Bevin's mom notifying the local media. Good going tying that into the show's timeline. I'm just caught up in the Bevin/Andy attraction, so still don't really know if there is more. His need for ego massage (yes - I can see where that could be a glowing trait with him) makes it tricky for the girls to really see him in a few weeks of bizarre courtship. Well, Bevin and Tessa both work in psychology fields - maybe they can see clearer than others what lies in store for them.
    o.k. I'm the mother of girls this age and IF I were in Bevin's mother's situation I'd be looking out for my daughter. If I KNEW that she had won the way to do that would be to make sure that she didn't get sued for giving away the ending. Personally, I'd think it would be smart to try to hide my excitement in mom's place. Her mom calling the media tells me that her mother wants the attention, NOT that she's happy for her daughter. So this tells me absolutely nothing beyond her mom needs attention. just my take on it.

confused

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;2336754;
    o.k. I'm the mother of girls this age and IF I were in Bevin's mother's situation I'd be looking out for my daughter. If I KNEW that she had won the way to do that would be to make sure that she didn't get sued for giving away the ending. Personally, I'd think it would be smart to try to hide my excitement in mom's place. Her mom calling the media tells me that her mother wants the attention, NOT that she's happy for her daughter. So this tells me absolutely nothing beyond her mom needs attention. just my take on it.
    I agree. The only other thing that leads me to believe Bevin is not the final one "the winner" is her second myspace. Would the "winner" really set up a second myspace with the title "Love is like a mountain, hard to climb, but once you get to the top, the view is beautiful." Wouldn't that make it a bit too obvious and she could get in trouble for it? She also says I am so thankful for all my family and friends for their support during this exciting adventure I've been blessed to be a part of........"the bachelor". It's different than what I thought it was going to be. Harder and more intense, but in the end, I am so happy I took the risk to do something out of the ordinary. I couldn't pass up the opportunity to find "the one". I don't think the winner would post that.