Thread: Thoughts and Comments in General - Bachelor 10

  1. #1031
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by amcd4377;2381694;
    i helped coordinate a study in college, and i remember one of the "tests" was showing a short excerpt from a porn movie (nothing too awful, but you get the idea), and then a brief, but intense emotional discussion between a man and a woman, and the question was "which couple would you say is in love" - the results were about 95% of the men chose the first couple, and almost 99% of the women chose the second couple. I am just saying - andy's navy buddies (i would guess mostly men) may not interpret his interactions with Tessa as romantic or meaningful, but Andy appears to be a man who has a strong emotional side.

    Good point! Yeah, you think the guys would choose the girl he makes out with constantly? ; )

  2. #1032
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    256

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachmom;2381663;
    As Andy's friend posted, Bevin is their new favorite because she seems like his "type" - athletic, sexy, and fun. Well, as someone else said on another thread, if he's been dating girls like this he hasn't found "the one." SO - maybe he's just fallen in love with someone who doesn't seem like his type but complements him well!
    There was a post early on by this friend who that said they had something of a pool on who the "one" would be, although it seems to be gone now, or I can't find it. I think that is what he or she is referring to, since clearly they had to switch from Amber. In fact, it is probably not unlike the rest of the viewing audience who have seen far more of Bevin than Tessa over the last few weeks. I'm not surprised by either of their picks. Maybe they have something there, and the order of the next few RC's will follow suit.

  3. #1033
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseio;2381494;
    I am new this year, and have so enjoyed the commentary on FORT. Two things jump out at me and I haven't seen one mentioned in any detail. Tessa's Mother is wealthy and the thought that they would entertain and have the guest wash the dishes or that her Father has ever done so before, is a great stretch.
    I really doubt it. Her dad worked for the government, was a professor, and now he's a consultant. He has money but he's just a normal upper-middle-class person in a company town, DC, where the company is the government.

    I live in the neighborhod that Tessa's mother lives in, and an awful lot of people around here cook meals and do dishes themselves, I'd even say most people around here, some of the time or all of the time. Whether Tessa's mother does those things regularly, I don't know, but I'm quite sure that she and Tessa's father have both put dishes into the dishwasher before. It's not like Andrew Firestone's family home that was dripping with servants employed by the old (for America) wealth. Tessa's milieu is bureaucrats, politicians, judges, business people, people who run nonprofits, professors, journalists and such. They may not do the dishes all the time, but they do the dishes.

  4. #1034
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    20

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by UhHuhHer;2381367;
    Don't kill me Tessa fans, but I have to jump off the Tessa hammock. I truly believe that Bevin is going to win. The last 24 hours have convinced me that Andy picks Bevin, and not Tessa.

    Why?

    1.) The friend of Andy's who is posting on this board. He mentioned that Andy is upset with Bevin's edit, and that Andy gets constant ribbing about his "electricity" talk regarding Bevin. Plus, the friend confirmed that most of the guys that Andy works with are rooting for Bevin. Maybe the guy is posting as a fake, but something tells me he really does know Andy, and the constant talk of Bevin is unnerving to me.

    2.) The article in Military Times. Andy says "Just beware of editing and jumping to conclusions." I realize he was specifically talking about Stephanie T. in the sentence before this one, but I truly believe that Andy was defending Bevin, his fiancee, in a roundabout way without specifically mentioning her.

    3.) Athleticism and looks. Andy on Jimmy Kimmel described his fiancee as the "smart, athletic, good-looking one." Andy describing Bevin last episode, "Her athletic side, the way that she interacts with children, her sweetness, her beauty." The athletic thing jumped out to me when he said it on Kimmel, and Bevin is the only girl he has described that way.

    4) The NY Post Page Six article. It just seems off to me. I know it says Tessa's the winner, but it points me in the other direction.

    5.) The overall cruelty of reality television. Fleiss and co. don't care that a majority of Bachelor fans are rooting for Tessa (I know there are Bevin and Danielle fans too). He's building this up as a shock ending. I'm convinced of that now.

    That's all. I know my reasoning is idiotic. I've actually done a complete 180 in a day. But I'm going with my gut on this one, and it's declaring Bevin as the F1.
    Just a question about "the way she interacts with children..." When have we seen Tessa interacting with children? Or, most importantly, when would Andy have seen this?

  5. #1035
    McPerky 80'sdiva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    496

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by UhHuhHer;2381367;
    Don't kill me Tessa fans, but I have to jump off the Tessa hammock. I truly believe that Bevin is going to win. The last 24 hours have convinced me that Andy picks Bevin, and not Tessa.

    Why?

    1.) The friend of Andy's who is posting on this board. He mentioned that Andy is upset with Bevin's edit, and that Andy gets constant ribbing about his "electricity" talk regarding Bevin. Plus, the friend confirmed that most of the guys that Andy works with are rooting for Bevin. Maybe the guy is posting as a fake, but something tells me he really does know Andy, and the constant talk of Bevin is unnerving to me.

    2.) The article in Military Times. Andy says "Just beware of editing and jumping to conclusions." I realize he was specifically talking about Stephanie T. in the sentence before this one, but I truly believe that Andy was defending Bevin, his fiancee, in a roundabout way without specifically mentioning her.

    3.) Athleticism and looks. Andy on Jimmy Kimmel described his fiancee as the "smart, athletic, good-looking one." Andy describing Bevin last episode, "Her athletic side, the way that she interacts with children, her sweetness, her beauty." The athletic thing jumped out to me when he said it on Kimmel, and Bevin is the only girl he has described that way.

    4) The NY Post Page Six article. It just seems off to me. I know it says Tessa's the winner, but it points me in the other direction.

    5.) The overall cruelty of reality television. Fleiss and co. don't care that a majority of Bachelor fans are rooting for Tessa (I know there are Bevin and Danielle fans too). He's building this up as a shock ending. I'm convinced of that now.

    That's all. I know my reasoning is idiotic. I've actually done a complete 180 in a day. But I'm going with my gut on this one, and it's declaring Bevin as the F1.

    1. Well on other seasons of shows the bachelor/bachelorette friends have picked other contestants that sometimes were and werent the F1

    2. couldnt the "editing" of tessa being SOOOOOOO hesitant be skewed...

    3. true he has never come out and SAID tessa was athletic but uhhh hello..the double skiing...she is quite beautiful(he has said)..

    4. i thought that same thing when the video of him and bevin was "leaked"

    5. Shock may work on some folks...but sooner or later its gonna fade...you would think he would have learned that by now...ratings are HIGH for this bachelor..why?? no drama...real strong woman, good natured man, lot of romance and true feelings with final 3 (REGARDLESS of your fave) so why revert to the past of low ratings with the other bachelors when you are riding the HIGH with this one...u want people to keep watchign the show...you want your audience to expand...well then keep doing what you are doing and show us the love...
    Sing it!!-Arizona Robbins

  6. #1036
    FORT Fan UhHuhHer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    305

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by Two2GoBlue;2382165;
    Just a question about "the way she interacts with children..." When have we seen Tessa interacting with children? Or, most importantly, when would Andy have seen this?
    He hasn't. I was referring to Bevin.

  7. #1037
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    I too thinks he picks Bevin, especially after Monday night. Do I think she is the best one for him - NO! But - if she is THE ONE, who am I to say who he should fall in love with. Personally, I think she is needy and neurotic and I can't stand women who cry all the time over relatively nothing - it gets real old after awhile. With his military life and career field, a needy possessive wife is a liability not an asset. Fortunately for me, I always tape the show and watch it the next day. If Tessa and Bevin (or Danielle and Bevin) are F2 and he chooses Bevin, I won't bother to watch it. I'll just check the boards, find out who "won", and tape over the show. Even now, I want to gag when I see him with Bevin (you'd think I was one of the "other" girls).

    I think Andy is a sweet, charming man who any woman would be lucky to have love her. But, if he isn't going to choose Tessa, he should be fair to her and drop the chase ASAP. Don't encourage her to fall in love and then pick someone else. That is just wrong on many different levels. She is already wary, but he seems to want her to think he is falling in love with her and only her (after he has been playing tonsil hockey with Bevin). It just seems underhanded to me and if he does pick Bevin, I'll certainly be less impressed with him.
    Last edited by aname; 05-10-2007 at 07:21 PM.

  8. #1038
    BB AND LATE NIGHT SNACKS winniechloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    760

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2382352;
    I too thinks he picks Bevin, especially after Monday night. Do I think she is the best one for him - NO! But - if she is THE ONE, who am I to say who he should fall in love with. Personally, I think she is needy and neurotic and I can't stand women who cry all the time over relatively nothing - it gets real old after awhile. With his military life and career field, a needy possessive wife is a liability not an asset. Fortunately for me, I always tape the show and watch it the next day. If Tessa and Bevin (or Danielle and Bevin) are F2 and he chooses Bevin, I won't bother to watch it. I'll just check the boards, find out who "won", and tape over the show. Even now, I want to gag when I see him with Bevin (you'd think I was one of the "other" girls).
    Enough. People cry to show there emotions. What does that have to do with needy. All the girls are nice. Get a grip any of them would be great for him. If you believe the guy on this board who knows andy he said andy hates the edit bevin is getting and tessa and bevin were great friends. TV bevin is not real bevin. So lets be nice. She showed the most emotion so fleiss was able to manipulate her edit the most. Be kind.....:

  9. #1039
    FORT Fogey 2observe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,118

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2382046;
    I really doubt it. Her dad worked for the government, was a professor, and now he's a consultant. He has money but he's just a normal upper-middle-class person in a company town, DC, where the company is the government.

    I live in the neighborhod that Tessa's mother lives in, and an awful lot of people around here cook meals and do dishes themselves, I'd even say most people around here, some of the time or all of the time. Whether Tessa's mother does those things regularly, I don't know, but I'm quite sure that she and Tessa's father have both put dishes into the dishwasher before. It's not like Andrew Firestone's family home that was dripping with servants employed by the old (for America) wealth. Tessa's milieu is bureaucrats, politicians, judges, business people, people who run nonprofits, professors, journalists and such. They may not do the dishes all the time, but they do the dishes.
    What area in DC does Tessa's mother live? Since they were on the Mall, I thought that she may live on Capital Hill.

  10. #1040
    FORT Fogey aname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Thoughts and Comments in General

    Quote Originally Posted by winniechloe;2382373;
    Enough. People cry to show there emotions. What does that have to do with needy. All the girls are nice. Get a grip any of them would be great for him. If you believe the guy on this board who knows andy he said andy hates the edit bevin is getting and tessa and bevin were great friends. TV bevin is not real bevin. So lets be nice. She showed the most emotion so fleiss was able to manipulate her edit the most. Be kind.....:
    Sorry if I offended anyone. However, it is just a personal peeve of mine that women using the crying card doesn't sit well with me. I am entitled to my opinion, aren't I?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.