Thread: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

Re: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by memorylane;2391968;
    Yeah, here are the notes according to what I saw last night:

"Bahai...what is that? Is she a member of some cult? What has Andy gotten himself into? "

The reaction of the woman is priceless when Bevin tells them what religion she practices. They looked clueless. It also bothers me that they even asked her what her religious preference is. If she had stated that she is an atheist I could see their concern if they are religious..but most other religons have a God-based premise as does Bahai. I thought the whole thing was tacky...but, we didn't see the whole meeting so maybe they are not as uptight as they appear to be in the promos.

Don't you think this is a bit of an overreaction? I believe Bevin's comment was that she was raised in the Bahai faith. I took the question as one of curiousity - heck, I would be curious too. At least they are talking about something relevant to who Bevin is.
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jnmchenry;2392122;
    Perhaps Andy is a scientist/traditional thinker and is drawn to his opposite - to "soften" other traits in him? Of course, we're also getting slanted views of the people involved. Beats me...I just don't know.

If one of my brothers had brought Bevin home...there wouldn't be acceptance in the time it takes to eat dinner... That's certainly not "right", but reality in some traditional Lancaster County, PA homes.

Thanks for providing the home town perspective!

I actually think that whichever woman he picks is more likely to dump *him* down the line, when she finds out that, in fact, he's attracted to her differences from him but really has life plans that require a lot more similarities!

Interesting that people there aren't watching it much. The Washington Post has given us several breathless updates on Tessa.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2392147;
    Anyone want to tell me what the blue is that I am seeing in this shot. It makes no sense since the water wouldn't be there. Seems like it should be his dark suit or white shirt we'd see here not that color of blue.

I am not saying it's Tessa's dress. I can't figure out how it would get there either. I guess I'll get down my knees and see if this is possible.

Does anyone know how to make this one larger? The blue looks wrong for the water.

FORT Fanatic

Wouldn't the Navy prefer that he do the honorable thing and if that means proposing and the relationship falling flat...I would not consider that a bonus for the Navy.

Giving a friendship ring would have been more in keeping with reality considering the show's history of failed relationships.

How will the Navy react if we see articles about them breaking up shortly after the show?

Safe would have been NO proposal or a promise of a proposal if things work out once they get to know each other better.

Quote Originally Posted by UhHuhHer;2392126;
    I think determining this is crucial. It's the main reason why I think Bevin is F1 because I think it's AFTER the FRC. It was obviously damp (maybe even sprinkling a little bit) during the FRC, and her hair looks messed up and wet. Plus, her demeanor during this PI just screams winner to me.

Also, Bevin's placement at the FRC and the fact that we haven't heard "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" with Bevin yet (we have with Danielle and Tessa). They are saving it for Bevin because it will play when he proposes.
    I think it's after F3.. the morning after. She looks like she just had a shower and threw on a red toop. I strongly disagree that the red "dress" we see in the PI is the FRC.. it doesn't look shiny enough. What gown would be made with pink lining underneath red straps?

She says she is in love with Andy.. maybe that's when she fell in love.. during their F3 date.
    "Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it!"

Lily Tomlin

FORT Fanatic

I'm sure that his family's curiosity about Bahai was genuine and that a lot of people would have reacted the same way if they've never heard of a religion.

I have a feeling that it won't matter and won't influence Andy's decision.

If they are Catholic as some have suggested...the divorce would be a much bigger factor.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hayleysmommy;2392164;
    What gown would be made with pink lining underneath red straps?
    None. But I don't believe it's actually pink. I think it's sheer or white or off-white, and the lining against the fabric of the dress makes it look pink.

FORT Regular

[QUOTE=memorylane;2391995;]If the family is Catholic they would be VERY unhappy that she is a divorcee. If they are members of an Evangelical branch of Christianity they would be VERY unhappy with her history with Bahai.
    ______________________________ _____________________

Yup. A-N-N-U-L-M-E-N-T a process that can be granted or not. Depending on how devout Andy is to the Catholic church will determine if this is a factor. I wonder how much influence Andy's parents have in his faith as a Catholic?

An annulment for Bevin has to be granted for Andy to be married in the church. How important is this?

Annulment Process

"4. Who can apply for an annulment?
    Almost always, a person seeking an annulment is someone who has been married, is now divorced and wishes to marry again, specifically in the Catholic Church.

Divorced people, no matter what their religious affiliation, have a carefully-protected right in this Church to ask the Church to determine whether or not their previous marriage was valid. If they are not of the Catholic faith, they seek this generally because they wish to remarry, and the intended spouse is a Catholic who wants the marriage to be recognized by the Catholic Church. We respect the vows of marriage of all people, no matter what their religious affiliation is. Members of the Catholic Church, however, are bound to have their marriage recognized by the Church. This is why members of other churches must often go through an annulment process before they can marry someone in the Catholic Church."

FORT Fogey

[QUOTE=memorylane;2392161;]How will the Navy react if we see articles about them breaking up shortly after the show? QUOTE]

They won't be happy! On the other hand, though, that will happen later -- when they've already potentially got some new recruits out of the deal ... And most likely the only people who really learn about these bachelor breakups are us fanatics, anyway. Most of the viewing public has no idea that there are a such a bunch of messy, immediate breakups. So even if they break up a year from now, the Navy has still got a very good recruiting poster out of it.

Nevertheless, going through the show as the Navy man and then leaving *all* the women more or less hanging at the end wouldn't be a good recruiting poster either.

I think that the reason we're seeing so many more women on this show with points of commonality with Andy is that everybody involved -- including Fleiss and Andy -- are making unusual efforts to have it end in an engagement. And since Andy is a person who seems to fall in strong strong like pretty easily -- and has done so with various women on the show -- I'm thinking that he feels confident ... even if it turns out that he's dead wrong! I don't think his previous dating history demonstrates that he's all that good at this, especially for a person who seems so strongly committed to having a very strong, traditional marriage and family.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl;2392147;
    Anyone want to tell me what the blue is that I am seeing in this shot. It makes no sense since the water wouldn't be there. Seems like it should be his dark suit or white shirt we'd see here not that color of blue.

I am not saying it's Tessa's dress. I can't figure out how it would get there either. I guess I'll get down my knees and see if this is possible.

Good catch on the blue! It does look like the blue of Tessa's dress. But such a small enclosed spot could've been easily edited to look blue(?).