Thread: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

FORT Newbie

Re: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by natashapierre;2392083;
    Which is why I think that, no matter which of the two he picks, it almost certainly won't last.

It's "two different worlds", in both cases, if you ask me.

And I think that Andy is pretty convinced that he wants to stay mainly with the world of his own childhood -- He even told Danielle that he really wants *three* kids, because that's how many there were in his family. I don't see him venturing too far from his roots, nor do I see Tessa or Bevin ultimately changing themselves all that much to conform with his roots, which are very different from his, in both cases.
    I'm here in Lancaster County, PA. So, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. Of course, watch out! While I think there are core values that stay with you, you can be modernized a bit depending on your own experiences and where you've lived and what you've experienced. Also, today's Lancaster County, PA is a melting pot much more than when I grew up here 50 years ago. Did you know that the Amish School Shootings were here? Folks may have seen news coverage from that. It's also where Floyd Landis (the cyclist) is from so the area was on the news then also. Recall that Andy can't be that traditional or the idea of a show, or the on-camera affection would have given him great pause, and it hasn't. He's melded the medium that some think of as "scum" with personal values/integry...and gone through that thought process before agreeing to do the show.

On the previews/screencaps: I can relate to the "bad smell face" coming from the dinner table in Lancaster, PA during the preview of Bevin's visit. It made me smile.

According to our area's traditional culture, the tattoos and different religion may be pretty shocking....as would the divorce at a young age. I believe the Baldwins are Catholic. Roy Baldwin (Dad) was a state representative here in PA, so you can look that up in an internet search engine. Frankly, Grandpa would have a lot to write down.

Perhaps Andy is a scientist/traditional thinker and is drawn to his opposite - to "soften" other traits in him? Of course, we're also getting slanted views of the people involved. Beats me...I just don't know.

If one of my brothers had brought Bevin home...there wouldn't be acceptance in the time it takes to eat dinner... That's certainly not "right", but reality in some traditional Lancaster County, PA homes.

Something else interesting: I'm not really hearing of folks around here following "the Bachelor". There aren't excessive news stories on it, and I don't hear talk at the local diner, post office, etc. Probably more talk in California about The Bachelor than here.
    Last edited by jnmchenry; 05-15-2007 at 12:30 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by armywife;2392112;
    It could be. She also has no or little makeup on. At the FRC you can clearly see she has lipstick on., whereas the PI she doesn't.

I am going to guess it's preRC - either that or it has nothing to do with the FRC and it's misplaced.
    I think determining this is crucial. It's the main reason why I think Bevin is F1 because I think it's AFTER the FRC. It was obviously damp (maybe even sprinkling a little bit) during the FRC, and her hair looks messed up and wet. Plus, her demeanor during this PI just screams winner to me.

Also, Bevin's placement at the FRC and the fact that we haven't heard "Love Lift Us Up Where We Belong" with Bevin yet (we have with Danielle and Tessa). They are saving it for Bevin because it will play when he proposes.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar

Bevin's hair constantly looks messed up unless it's been flat-ironed. I remember there was one rose ceremony cocktail party during which I thought, "Who sat on Bevin's head?"

(EDIT: Not trying to be a meanie! I have naturally wavy hair, too, and my hair often looks like crap unless I flat-iron it.)
    Last edited by finalefan; 05-15-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Lust does not last; it’s been proven time and time again. Look at Angelina Jolie (I know bad example, but work with me here), she was in lusty/love with Billy Bob Thorton, all was fun and sex in the back of the car, but when it came down to being a Father and having a family with her, he ran for the hills. Then you have Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell, now that is a solid deal, friends, lover, partners, and parents, solid. Best of all, they’ve never had to get married to prove their love for one another...The best relationships I've had, have been with men that I've been friends with first then lovers...Love is something you grow into, it takes time to blossom, to reach that point when every fiber in you screams to be with that person and you know in your heart and soul that you are in love with them. Bevin, from the get go was attracted to the package, she dove right in, without testing the waters first, that's a bad sign. You tend to wonder if she is that reckless with every guy she meets, in her elusive quest to find "the" guy. Or how did she say it to her Dad on the HTD, "When will I ever find a guy like that, I NEVER meet guys like that...Gee, I wonder why???

Okay that was a bit harsh, but she needs to get a grip! I get the feeling that she was unattractive as a young girl (the sister got the looks in the family) and she over compensated for it by being the girl who was crazy, fun and would try anything...And it seems like she is still doing it...Maybe guys like Andy were never attracted to her, because she lacks confidence (in herself) she might be a "bum magnet" and Andy is truly the first man of quality that she has met.

To spite all my cheesy comments, I really do hope that it works out for them...I met my husband on the internet, he answered my ad and we've been together 6yrs...We are still happy in love...I am strong believer that love can come at you from the most unexpected of places, but like Tessa I question Andy's sincerity during this whole process...Is he looking for a woman who he can discover a little more each day, one that he can fall in love with more and more each day, or someone who is insecure and who feels her clock is running out to find "the" guy and seizing this opportunity with Andy?

Quote Originally Posted by finalefan;2392129;
    Bevin's hair constantly looks messed up unless it's been flat-ironed. I remember there was one rose ceremony cocktail party during which I thought, "Who sat on Bevin's head?"
    Bwahahaha! Very true. However, I think the dress is the same as the FRC, and she just looks spent and euphoric in that clip. I'm absolutely certain that this PI took place after the FRC.

FORT Fanatic

I think that other than her picture posted for the show (the glossy, touched up head shot), that she always looks messed up.

Other than that ONE picture I have never thought that she was pretty...including wearing the red dress.

None of the girls are great beauties but that's fine and real and most of us are NOT perfect looking.

If Andy is picking based on hair styles than Bevin will not be the F1.

Some how, I don't think that he cares about her hair. She didn't look that good in her bikini either so obviously Andy is not shallow when it comes to looks.

Quote Originally Posted by jnmchenry;2392122;
    I'm here in Lancaster County, PA. So, I'll give you my 2 cents worth. Of course, watch out! While I think there are core values that stay with you, you can be modernized a bit depending on your own experiences and where you've lived and what you've experienced. Also, today's Lancaster County, PA is a melting pot much more than when I grew up here 50 years ago. Did you know that the Amish School Shootings were here? Folks may have seen news coverage from that. It's also where Floyd Landis (the cyclist) is from so the area was on the news then also. Recall that Andy can't be that traditional or the idea of a show, or the on-camera affection would have given him great pause, and it hasn't. He's melded the medium that some think of as "scum" with personal values/integry...and gone through that thought process before agreeing to do the show.

On the previews/screencaps: I can relate to the "bad smell face" coming from the dinner table in Lancaster, PA during the preview of Bevin's visit. It made me smile.

According to our area's traditional culture, the tattoos and different religion may be pretty shocking....as would the divorce at a young age. I believe the Baldwins are Catholic. Roy Baldwin (Dad) was a state representative here in PA, so you can look that up in an internet search engine. Frankly, Grandpa would have a lot to write down.

Perhaps Andy is a scientist/traditional thinker and is drawn to his opposite - to "soften" other traits in him? Of course, we're also getting slanted views of the people involved. Beats me...I just don't know.

If one of my brothers had brought Bevin home...there wouldn't be acceptance in the time it takes to eat dinner... That's certainly not "right", but reality in some traditional Lancaster County, PA homes.

Something else interesting: I'm not really hearing of folks around here following "the Bachelor". There aren't excessive news stories on it, and I don't hear talk at the local diner, post office, etc. Probably more talk in California about The Bachelor than here.
    Wonderful post. When I was a girl, my father had the Amish country in his calling area (we lived in Harrisburg, though), and one thing, even back then, that always made me laugh, was all the gas stations that had cars parked there - from the young guys whose parents couldn't know they owned cars.

Anyway, I can't help but think that no matter his upbringing, what Andy told Alexis was true. He's seen different cultures being in the service (and spending at least one lengthy period of time overseas), and has probably learned a lot from that. Now, if he's learned enough to try to get his family to accept the same things he's willing to accept is a different kettle of fish, altogether.

And, I can't help but think that his personal standards are going to include a close family relationship with his parents and grandparents, going forward.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2392107;
    Hard to believe he gets engaged a week after this (?) It seems like he would be up for marrying either....

I have a feeling he informally promised his commander that he would get engaged if he possibly could so that the Navy would come out looking good, which I think is the main reason they let him be on the show in the first place. And since he at least seems to have strong feelings for the final two women, I guess it makes more sense to get engaged -- despite the feelings for two rather than one -- than it would if you had only hesitant feelings toward somebody.

Anyone want to tell me what the blue is that I am seeing in this shot. It makes no sense since the water wouldn't be there. Seems like it should be his dark suit or white shirt we'd see here not that color of blue.

I am not saying it's Tessa's dress. I can't figure out how it would get there either. I guess I'll get down my knees and see if this is possible.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by maya71;2392003;
    you can be crazy attacted to a guy without being so needy looking.........do you really need to hump the guys leg everytime you see him......and yes it looks like he enjoys what is he to do throw her to the ground.......i think there is a classy way to show affection and then there is a trashy way to do it, i think bevin is on the line of almost being trashy
    I completely agree with you, exception I would delete the "almost".