Page 12 of 261 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelor 10: Part 5 'Spoilers & Screencap Analysis ONLY' **SPOILERS**

Is someone getting more than one lei or are the girls going at the same time?

FORT Fogey

From the very beginning I have been troubled by the scene of Andy in his uniform -- I think it was shot at or very near the Arizona Memorial. In this scene, Andy is shown tearing flowers from a lei and throwing them in the water. Now I know that it is traditional and a sign of respect to bring a lei or flowers to throw into the water at the Memorial to honor those who died there. However, I thought that a lei, any lei, was NOT supposed to be torn apart or cut. Perhaps the tradition of how the lei is used has changed. (It has been a good while since I lived in Honolulu.)

My second issue is that Andy is holding 2 leis. Why not 3 if he brings the F3 to the Memorial?

Also, the 2 leis are not the same. I can't identify the flowers of the lei to our left but the one on the right looks like it is made of the customary orchids which don't have much scent and don't last very long. Maybe someone more in tune with Hawaiian culture could tell us if there's any significance to these particular flowers.

I'm just new here so, armywife, what's the FRC?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Reality Girl 10;2373099;
    I'm just new here so, armywife, what's the FRC?
    Obviously I'm not armywife but I saw your question. FRC stands for final rose ceremony.

Doats, I don't think you will see more than one girl at a time on the AZ with Andy. It isn't going to be a group date. He needs to be able to talk to each alone to talk about what his military life is like, etc. )I think)
    "Know that you are not the master of your days, but the pioneer of their purpose"
    "My policy: no stone throwing regardless of housing situation." moanamarie
    "well, I am on the right side of the grass." brad womack
    "Create your future.You are not a victim of the world but the hero of your own life"

Let's see if I can recap... earlier discussion provided these deductions:

1) Each girl will probably go up with him seperately. So, he will take the wreaths he is using for that particular girl.

2) There are different wreaths for men and women. Women have flowers and men have the darker ones made from nuts and some other things. (yep!)

3) The girl is Bevin, she has a unique way of clasping her fingers around his neck.

*** Credit to the original sleuthers! I am just passing along info.
    Romantic Skeptic!

FORT Fogey

Thanks, jelle and Wiccan. I just realized, duh, one lei for Andy and one for the woman. Nothing like a glass of red wine at dinner to wreck (don't think I spelled that correctly) havoc with my math skills!

BUT, why is Andy picking apart the lei instead of both of them throwing the leis into the water at the Memorial? (Sorry -- I'm kinda a picky, analytical type.) Oh well. Maybe it's just Fleiss shooting a scene instead of showing me a love story...
    Last edited by Doats; 05-07-2007 at 01:01 AM. Reason: added type in red

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan;2373110;
    Let's see if I can recap... earlier discussion provided these deductions:

1) Each girl will probably go up with him seperately. So, he will take the wreaths he is using for that particular girl.

2) There are different wreaths for men and women. Women have flowers and men have the darker ones made from nuts and some other things. (yep!)

3) The girl is Bevin, she has a unique way of clasping her fingers around his neck.

*** Credit to the original sleuthers! I am just passing along info.
    Great recap! That is how I remembered it.

BTW, I love you avatar!!
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;2373117;
    Thanks, jelle and Wiccan. I just realized, duh, one lei for Andy and one for the woman. Nothing like a glass of red wine at dinner to wreck (don't think I spelled that correctly) havoc with my math skills!

BUT, why is Andy picking apart the lei instead of both of them throwing the leis into the water at the Memorial? (Sorry -- I'm kinda a picky, analytical type.) Oh well. Maybe it's just Fleiss shooting a scene instead of showing me a love story...
    You spelled it perfectly. I think he is just holding it and not really pulling it apart. Most people when they hold something tend to play with it a bit.

Thanks i<3realitytv! This way I am sure I have the winner! :LOL (My favorite is top and center)
    Romantic Skeptic!

Quote Originally Posted by Doats;2373117;
    Nothing like a glass of red wine at dinner to wreck (don't think I spelled that correctly) havoc with my math skills!
    It's wreak havoc...common mistake, even by newscasters & journalists.
    Last edited by GolfGrrl; 05-07-2007 at 01:11 AM. Reason: misspelling