Page 8 of 288 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Good attitude Ms. Froggy. I guess this truly nice guy (and I mean that seriously) with the truly large ego who has nothing to sell is just in it for the ....ego gratification. OK. And here we are back to the discussions of "why on earth did Travis Stork agree to do this show? " Many of his friends couldnt figure it out. I still cant. So here we are back to the confusion. Maybe the doctor Bachelors are just looking for a way to have a guilt free eight week break from their stressful schedules. And not having to actually drive to a bar to pick up cute girls is just the icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2170504;
    Good attitude Ms. Froggy. I guess this truly nice guy (and I mean that seriously) with the truly large ego who has nothing to sell is just in it for the ....ego gratification. OK. And here we are back to the discussions of "why on earth did Travis Stork agree to do this show? " Many of his friends couldnt figure it out. I still cant. So here we are back to the confusion. Maybe the doctor Bachelors are just looking for a way to have a guilt free eight week break from their stressful schedules. And not having to actually drive to a bar to pick up cute girls is just the icing on the cake.
    The 8 week vacation must be a big factor. SubmarineBoy here is actually being shortchanged, compared to Travis and Larry because he doesn't get to go away to Europe and pretend to pick somebody in say Stockholm. He'll have to do it right from his own backyard. Bummer. But maybe the army or whatever it is didn't want to part with wonderboy for too long and his leash is only long enough to go around the islands.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2168692;
    Oh I dont mind that. At least it shows they have a heart. And just need a brain.
    Outback Jack, always teared up when he let one go. And he is the manliest man evah. Seriously!
    Yeah, sensitive but macho Outback Jack was the hottest guy to ever be on this type of a show. And . . he picked the "nice" girl with the cute, funny personality rather than the sassy beauty we all thought had the most chemistry with him. Interestingly, he and the girl he picked (Natalie) got married last year, live in Kentucky, and the rumor is that she is preggers. So . . sometimes it works out . . seldom . . but sometimes.

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aname;2170812;
    Yeah, sensitive but macho Outback Jack was the hottest guy to ever be on this type of a show. And . . he picked the "nice" girl with the cute, funny personality rather than the sassy beauty we all thought had the most chemistry with him. Interestingly, he and the girl he picked (Natalie) got married last year, live in Kentucky, and the rumor is that she is preggers. So . . sometimes it works out . . seldom . . but sometimes.
    Aname, I agree about Vadim of Outback Jack. I loved this guy and of all dating/reality shows, this was my favorite. It's a shame something similar was never repeated. I heard the same thing about her being preggers. I hate that I missed the repeat of their wedding last week. I would love the Bachelor series to try shaking up their formula and do something more real like this series w/ the girls instead of the unrealistic dates they have on the Bach. It's not going to happen, I'm sure, but we can dream! :
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Quote Originally Posted by rvon;2162324;
    Gay, straight or whatever, this guy is good-looking!!!
    Oh yeah!
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2170812;

Aname, Actually Natalie had the baby it was a girl here is the link to the babies newborn pics.

http://www.growingfamily.com/webnurs...LID=4B8H7S4L7P

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's a new article about Bachelor Andy from a Honolulu newspaper and they verify that the show will be filmed in Hawaii. I know I wasn't sure if it was in Hawaii or some other tropical location.

COURTESY OF DA KINE PUBLIC RELATIONS
    U.S. Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin, seen here at the Special Olympics Holiday Classic at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base, will be featured on ABC's popular show "The Bachelor," which will be filmed in Hawaii next year.

Pearl doc looks for love on TV
    The doctor and athlete will soon also be "The Bachelor" reality-TV star
    By Gary C.W. Chun
    gchun@starbulletin.com
    A NAVY OFFICER stationed at Pearl Harbor could become a national heartthrob come the spring.

Thirty-year-old U.S. Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin, M.D., will be featured on ABC's popular prime-time romance reality series "The Bachelor," scheduled for filming here next year. The premise of the show -- going into its 10th season -- is that an eligible man goes on separate dates with a predetermined group of single women week after week until, as the number is winnowed down, Baldwin will present a final red rose to that one special female finalist. The couple will then, hopefully, be together happily ever after, for a life of bliss away from the TV cameras.

Baldwin, an undersea medical officer for a special-operations dive unit stationed in Pearl Harbor, is being touted on the network's Web site as "truly an officer and gentleman, not to mention a doctor and a world-class triathlete."

Originally from Lancaster, Pa., Baldwin was a valedictorian in high school. An All-American swimmer, he was named ESPN's National Scholar Athlete of the Year in 1995.

COURTESY OF TIM MANTOANI
    U.S. Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin, 30, is a doctor, triathlete and volunteer and will be "The Bachelor" next season.

The Navy offered him a full ROTC scholarship for college. Baldwin then went on to Duke University, where he graduated with honors with a degree in biology and a
    concentration in genetics. He would go on to further studies at the University of California-San Francisco School of Medicine, and was a surgical intern at the Naval Hospital in San Diego.

Besides his swimming, Baldwin would go on to take up cycling and running as well, competing in his first triathlon in 2000, and continues to compete internationally to this day.

In addition to his personal accomplishments, Baldwin does his fair share of charitable work. He established a fund to raise money for pancreatic cancer research in honor of the memory of an uncle who supported Baldwin at his races. (He has reportedly raised more than $20,000 to date.) Earlier this year, Baldwin served as group surgeon for a large team of military personnel on a mission in Laos.

At the beginning of this month, Baldwin presented awards at this year's Special Olympics Holiday Classic at Kaneohe Marine Corps Base. "I have volunteered with the Special Olympics Hawaii in the past as a physician covering the events, as a coach, and as a mentor," he said via e-mail. "It was truly special to see the smiles on the athletes' faces and the sense of accomplishment as I presented them with their awards. I have a strong involvement in promoting health and physical fitness within the military community."

And as for his upcoming search for true love on "The Bachelor," Baldwin said that "this is going to be an exciting journey, and hopefully a fruitful one in the end."

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cafegirl;2184805;

"It was truly special to see the smiles on the athletes' faces and the sense of accomplishment as I presented them with their awards. I have a strong involvement in promoting health and physical fitness within the military community."

And as for his upcoming search for true love on "The Bachelor," Baldwin said that "this is going to be an exciting journey, and hopefully a fruitful one in the end."

link
    The quotes by Andy are way too cute. And he used the word "journey." I guess our first lifting of glass to lips comes compliments of Bachelor Andy. I do hope we aren't totally drunk by the end of the first show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2184931;
    The quotes by Andy are way too cute. And he used the word "journey." I guess our first lifting of glass to lips comes compliments of Bachelor Andy. I do hope we aren't totally drunk by the end of the first show.
    Forget about totally drunk, some of us may be praying to the porcelain goddess before the hometown family dates at this rate.
    A dr. asked me: Does anyone in your family suffer from mental illness? My answer: No they all enjoy it immensely.