Page 5 of 288 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

[QUOTE=Wiccan;2159636;]This is one of his projects too... Easily found with an
    That does not look like the same andy - this one is not in the navy.

FORT Fan
    I hope this guy is everything a woman could want. I mean it is so easy to think he could be a "player" just because he is so good looking, but I am hoping there is more substance than good looks to this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAdonis;2160692;
    In the picture from Cosmopolitan, Dr. Baldwin looks extremely gay. Not that he is, and not that there's anything wrong with it---his friend(s) say he's not)---if he is gay.

Any guy of that age who is that good looking, educated, fit, accomplished and nice---according to so many people who say they know him---and a medical doctor who hasn't been able to find a woman to love and stay with, must have serious personal issues. I guess back in the '50s, '60s and '70s, guys like Dr. Baldwin had to go through life as bachelors because there was no "Bachelor" show to help him find a wife. How are the 75 million other American men---who don't have Dr. Baldwin's looks, physique, passion, compassion, education, good health, prestigious career, big coterie of friends and great personality---able to find women to fall in love with and marry without Fleiss and "The Bachelor" show? Let's hope one of the next 25 bachelorettes on The Bachelor:Hawaii can save Dr. Baldwin from a life of doomed bachelorhood.
    ----> or he's just very picky and did not want to settle - I think that the majority of men in america settle, my guy friends spend no (none) time trying to find the one, they often just take what comes along, or what's easy and no hassle, and in the USofA marrige comes with a money back Guarentee now -- it's so sad!! The new bachelor gives us hope! we should not settle! - and Linda and I think he's the real thing! he's so cute and we think he was just holding out for the right one!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Ashland;2163074;
    I think the fact that he's holding out for the right women is so romantic...how tall is he?
    If he's holding out for the right women, that's pretty funny!

I think you meant that you think he's holding out for the right woman, not "women".

He's 5 feet 5 and a half inches tall. Hope that's OK with you.

Just kidding.

[QUOTE=Emily Ashland;2163085;]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan;2159636;
    This is one of his projects too... Easily found with an
    That does not look like the same andy - this one is not in the navy.

ROFL... No, the guy in the pick is not Andy. The man pictured is of African decent. Reading a wee bit farther would have clarified that. Andy does work with this group. I got the link off his personal page, when it was still available.
    Romantic Skeptic!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeAdonis;2163172;
    He's 5 feet 5 and a half inches tall. Hope that's OK with you.
    That would do it! About 18 of the Bachelorettes would walk out before the first Rose Ceremony.

FORT Newbie
    I've known Andy since 1998. We remained friends ever since. He's very intelligent, good-looking, down-to-earth, and has a great sense of humour. Men like Andy are hard to find these days...He is one in a million and deserves the best!!
    Good luck to Andy!

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coolchick;2164631;
    I've known Andy since 1998. We remained friends ever since. He's very intelligent, good-looking, down-to-earth, and has a great sense of humour. Men like Andy are hard to find these days...He is one in a million and deserves the best!!
    Good luck to Andy!
    , coolchick. Thanks for joining us and sharing. Keep in touch and let us know some more about our new bachelor.
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"

Welcome to the board coolchick! I hope that you keep on posting with the rest of us this season!
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

His Peace after the Storm cafegirl's Avatar
    Here's a fun article by Michael Slezak. I love his sarcastic sense of humor and I must say, he's got some pretty good advice for Dr. A! If you go to the site, you can read the comments posted about this article. The latest one is "supposedly" by Dr. Andy, himself (yeah, right! ). (I'll post that one, but not the others)

November 29, 2006
    An open letter to ABC's newest 'Bachelor'
    Dear U.S. Navy Lieutenant Andy Baldwin, M.D.,

Condolences Congratulations on accepting ABC's offer to star in the spring 2007 edition of their reality-dating franchise, The Bachelor. Far be it from me to tell you how to conduct your quest for love -- after all, you're an "undersea medical officer" and accomplished triathlete, I'm sure you can handle juggling 25 intoxicated she-beasts -- but keep in mind that you've got a second task to perform: entertaining the masses. That's where I can help, Andy. In fact, I've taken it upon myself to put together a Five-Step Plan for Making Your Upcoming Season the Most Entertaining in Bachelor History. Feel free to print it out and keep it in your pocket as you start your Bachelor journey.

1. Speaking of which, if you find yourself repeatedly saying the word "journey" (or the phrase "strong feelings") or describing your favorite bachelorettes as "awesome," "amazing," or "great," then, seriously, it's time to flex your internal thesaurus. (For the record, that's not one of the muscles that's part of your fat-free, body-hair-free physique.)

2. ABC's dossier on you describes your "self-deprecating sense of humor." I've got my doubts, but try to prove me wrong on this one, okay?

3. As long as there's alcohol in the room, keep drinking it. I know, it's not the respectable thing to do as an officer and a gentleman, but chugging the hooch is a crucial part of your tour of duty. As we learned from erstwhile Bachelor Charlie O'Connell, it's not the memories of stilted dinner-date chatter, but rather, hazy images of body shots and dirty dancing that last once love fades.

4. Oh, and about those dinner dates? You don't have to be like every other Bachelor who's come before you and limit your conversations to the mind-numbing minutiae of your relationships with the show's various women. Hang on to the things that made you a human being before you became a reality TV star, like how you saved $25,000 for college before graduating high school, or your degree in biology (with a concentration in genetics), or the way you treated Laotian villagers in need of medical attention when you accompanied a military team to that country earlier this year. Really, we Bachelor fans will take just about anything -- as long as it isn't about "boundaries" and "emotions" and "fantasy suites."

5. Oh, OK, I lied. We totally want to hear about the fantasy suites.

Anyway, hope I've been some help to you. Feel free to check back at PopWatch as we mercilessly mock excitedly cheer your quest for love come spring.

Respectfully,
    Slezak

Posted by Michael Slezak | 11.29.06, 11:23 AM

Comments
    Slezak,
    This is Andy and I appreciate your advice. I agree with you wholeheartedly and will do my utmost to entertain the masses and not be a "tool" Bachelor. I promise to carry a pocket thesauras on my zero percent (actually 10%) body throughout this journey....err....i mean expedition.
    Thanks for your letter. Honestly, it's the most honest advice I've received thus far on these damn blogs.
    Baldwin

Andy Baldwin | Dec 1, 2006 5:01:12 AM

link
    "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me!"