Thread: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

FORT Fogey

Re: Media & Guest Appearances for Bachelor 10

Quote Originally Posted by RJD4me;2433905;
    Not good at screencap analysis - but I sure can jump in on clothing!

The U.S. Navy first started using white during the Civil War. This is when ships started using steam engines. The dyed 'navy' blue uniforms didn't wash well - the dyes weren't permanent like they are now - so would run and bleed when washed. Working in the engine rooms was dirty - so they needed clothing that could easily be washed at sea - hence the white uniforms. At first they were only used for behind-the-scenes work, but it was also impractical to have too many different changes of uniform. Also - the white was much cooler for working around the ship's engines.

One theory (I can't substantiate it...) for white uniforms at sea is that when the sun reflects off the water, white is much better as 'camouflage' than a darker color.

Sorry for the history lesson - but this kind of stuff fascinates me!
    Thanks so much for the information. I found it fascinating too. White clothing worn in the engine rooms may have been colorfast and cool (maybe it was cotton?), but it probably wasn't white for long!

York Dispatch - York Twp. woman's 'classy' daughter gets her man on TV show

York Twp. woman's 'classy' daughter gets her man on TV show

EYANA ADAH MCMILLAN The York Dispatch

Article Last Updated: 05/24/2007 11:22:35 AM EDT

Romana Li's daughter took a chance and got the man.
    Li -- a York Township resident -- said she is happy her daughter, Tessa Horst, has found love, though she went on a television show to compete for it.

Horst, a 26-year-old social worker living in San Francisco, was the winning contestant on ABC's "The Bachelor."

U.S. Navy Lt. Andy Baldwin chose Horst over 24 other women, asking her to marry him.

She accepted the ring.

"I have to say that I think my daughter is very classy," said Li, president of the York YWCA's board of directors. "She didn't throw herself at him. She made Andy chase her. Andy likes challenges, and she's a challenge."

During the "Bachelor: The Final Rose" reunion episode earlier this week, Horst announced her plans to move to Hawaii to be with Baldwin, who is an undersea medical officer for a special operations dive unit stationed in Pearl Harbor, according to the show's Web site.

"I'm now planning my Christmas or Thanksgiving in Hawaii," Li said after watching the episode.

Meeting the 'Bachelor':
    Horst's and Baldwin's families planned to meet yesterday in Lancaster County, where Baldwin grew up, Li said.
    She said she and her husband -- Bruce Bartels, president of WellSpan Health -- met Baldwin during his visit to the final four contestants' hometowns.

Li said she talked to her daughter and Baldwin Monday night after he proposed to Horst.

"I told Andy, 'You're a really lucky guy,'" she said.

Li, 54, said she had no idea her daughter was planning to be on "The Bachelor."

Love story: "She called me up and told me she was going to disappear for two months, February and March," Li said.

While watching last night's program, Li said, she was excited to see that Horst and Baldwin won a trip to the Inca Trail leading to Machu Picchu, Peru.

That's where Li met Bartels. At the time, Li was hiking the trail with her daughters, Tessa and Mercy, who also lives in San Francisco. Her daughter told show producers about her mother finding love on the trail.

"I didn't realize it had an impact on my two girls," Li said. "It turned out to be something bigger."
    Last edited by MomLady; 06-08-2007 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Bold

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2433859;
    Cute pic! Tessa, her sister and roommates at the Alcatraz race.

Thank you so much for this adorable and REAL picture. I love seeing glimpses of their life together now away from TB show. If anyone sees Andy and Tessa together anywhere, please take a picture and share it with us. Thank you so much. For some reason, it makes me so happy to see them together. It's weird too because I do have a great life, but their romance inspires me. I'm sure many of you Andessa fans can relate. When did the boards reopen? I'm glad they did so I can check back for new pictures and updates. Long-live Andessa!!!

New Pictures of Andy and Tessa!

These are posted in the photo gallery at Andy Baldwin - The Bachelor Season 10 on ABC, Triathlete, Humanitarian - OFFICIAL WEB SITE - HOME. Looks like a mix of pics taken during and after the show. They look so happy and in love! :

I was just at Andy's website and he has these photos up..
    What's the Great Conjunction? You tell me!

FORT Fogey

Re: New Pictures of Andy and Tessa!

Quote Originally Posted by aphijess;2434348;
    These are posted in the photo gallery at Andy Baldwin - The Bachelor Season 10 on ABC, Triathlete, Humanitarian - OFFICIAL WEB SITE - HOME. Looks like a mix of pics taken during and after the show. They look so happy and in love!
    Thank you so much for posting these pictures! The photo presumably taken at the after-party (After the FRC) reminds me to ask: I recall mention of photos or a video taken of the after party by a guest (not related to the show) at the resort. Does anyone know if those photos or video have/has been posted on the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by MomLady;2434194;
    York Dispatch - York Twp. woman's 'classy' daughter gets her man on TV show

"I have to say that I think my daughter is very classy," said Li, president of the York YWCA's board of directors. "She didn't throw herself at him. She made Andy chase her. Andy likes challenges, and she's a challenge."
    Nothing like Mom taking off the white gloves and slapping someone in the face with them, huh?

FORT Newbie

He really does have long toes.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tabby cat;2434357;
    Thank you so much for posting these pictures! The photo presumably taken at the after-party (After the FRC) reminds me to ask: I recall mention of photos or a video taken of the after party by a guest (not related to the show) at the resort. Does anyone know if those photos or video have/has been posted on the Internet?
    I am curious, when was the picture taken that shows Tessa in that wrap thing she wears.........the one with the black lace on top.........and he had on a suit?

Quote Originally Posted by sulian;2434446;
    I am curious, when was the picture taken that shows Tessa in that wrap thing she wears.........the one with the black lace on top.........and he had on a suit?
    Dunno, but looks like her mother in the background, and maybe her sister. The look he's giving the camera makes me .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!